My Fall

Watch Me

Chapter 1 // My Fall

Sungjong slid down from the cold, cement wall. He had stood here for thirty minutes, deprived from a warm coat. The harsh concrete poked at his skin, yet Sungjong did nothing but sit there, a long leg sticking out and his head cocked to the side. 

It had years since he had a normal night. Mornings were harsh, they usually ended up with him outside of the house waiting for Sunggyu to pick him up. 

Sunggyu was like his older brother, no, more like his owner. Sunggyu treated him well, but there was something lacking in his love. Even the best of people have a secret desire within their hearts, something they would kill for. Sungjong stumbled into Sungjong’s desires, money.

Sungjong had a pale face, milky white and clear like the dew drops on the leaves he saw in photos. He had nicely sized lips, usually swollen from biting and the kisses he received. His long legs extended miles and his chin length hair was usually pinned up.. that is unless it was time for work.

Sungjong picked his nails, they were getting quite long and a hassle to work with. He sighed and stared at the bright Seoul night. Oh, how he wished to be in the center of it all, being with friends, partying until the sun shone, and shopping with multiple shopping bags that created indents on his forearm. The alley was filled with vomit from the club nearby, nights were heavy with the drunken smell, yet that is what Sungjong lived on. His wrapped his hands around his chest. The Seoul night was as cold as the winter months.

His black stilettos squeezed the edges of his feet, but they looked good on him. At least according to Sunggyu. Sunggyu seemed to take too much interest in Sungjong’s state of dress, but he never minded. As long as Sunggyu could provide him a shelter and food, Sungjong was a happy kitten.

He smacked his lips and breathed into the cold air, letting puffs of his breath float around his head.

Sungjong was never one to like the riches of the world, but he never truly knew how much money could change the way you are. It affects you status, opinion, personality and in some cases, beauty. 

Sungjong had always been the little rich boy who seemed like he was born into the wrong family. He had a wealthy mother and father and he lacked nothing. He had never wanted the latest cell phone or the best designer clothes. His parents remarked that he should have been born in a middle class family. 

It was an inside joke of theirs, but his mother and father had both passed away from starvation and blood loss. He had just found out that his parents borrowed billions of dollars to expand their empire, but with the fall of business the dollars would be impossible to return.

If read between the lines, it was stated that everything would be taken, including their lives and their very young son just entering the teenage years. The fine lines of the documents destructed Sungjong’s innocent life. It revealed him to the horrors of the world.

Thankfully the debt collector was a friend of Sunggyu’s. Sunggyu had used Sungjong kind of like all of his other worker, except he had always taken care of Sungjong carefully with a lot of generosity and kindness, but that couldn’t stop Sunggyu from using him, after all, Sungjong was the number one.

He had met many other boys that Sunggyu had collected over the years, Sungyeol was often with Sungjong on these kinds of jobs, but he was sick and got a sick leave. At least Sunggyu had given him that. The hamster eyed man was must too interested in money.

Sungyeol was like a twin to Sungjong, they sometimes even came as a package and their heart always beats as one. 

Then there was Woohyun, Woohyun was more like a secretary type of person rather than being a worker like Sungjong and Sungyeol. He was always with Sunggyu and they stuck like glue no matter how badly Sunggyu wanted to deny it.

Woohyun always coddled with the employees, squeezing everyone into bear hugs and sweet kisses on their cheeks. He was like the mother that no one wanted. His love could sometimes become quite strange and extreme, resulting in Sungjong being coddled and inappropriately washed in the shower. Woohyun had the title that all the others had, but he never works. He just sits on the couch, sticking his feet up on the coffee table while watching a drama, tissue box in hand.

If Woohyun was the mother then.. that meant Sunggyu was the father. Sungjong shivered, the word of Sunggyu being his father sent shivers down his back, the small eyed man was a monster underneath and it was quite frightening how his anger could control him. It reminded Sungjong of the first days that he had been sold. Before Sunggyu had been there he was whipped, a faint scar ran along his back. It was slowly disappearing, but the memories burnt like hot coals.

Sungjong neatly straightened his hair, starting to stand up before he fell asleep on the ground like he had done many times before when he was a beginner in the business. 

Oh! How he missed Sungyeol, his bright red haired friend made him laugh with quirky jokes and most often, idiotic comments that spread across the dark alleys.

A car stopped in front of the alley, the horn honked and Sungjong stepped closer, peering into the car window. A handsome man reclined in the back seat with what seemed to be his driver, driving in the front. Sungjong nodded at himself, Sunggyu would be happy with the money he would gain this week.

The man in the back seat unrolled the window and nodded his head towards the seat next to him. Sungjong quickly nodded and rushed in, struggling with walking as his shoes almost made him trip, but he managed to safely get into the car.

Sungjong clasped his hands across his lap and sat as straight as a pole.

The man smiled and winked, “Hello, what is your name?”

Sungjong smiled back, maybe it wouldn’t be as bad today, “Lee Sungjong.”


Authors Note // I left Sungjong’s job a bit vague (not really), I’m sure you can figure it out ;)

I hope you enjoyed the chapter as much as I did writing it. Please leave what you think down below in the comments ^^ I hope you will support me~