VI.

Smile for me
Please log in to read the full chapter
VI.

The newly-weds first dance was beautiful and so was the rest of the ceremony. I had never thought that I would see Namjoon dancing but I had to admit that he was pretty good, compared to what I saw when my aunt sent me a video about him. He made quite a progress and thanks to his hard-work, the cheers and claps were even louder. Then, we sang an old love song together while the lights were turned off and it was so emotional that I even shed a tear. What made it even more special was the fact that the only sources of light were the candles in our hands. It was picturesque as the hall was illuminated by hundreds of tiny flames and the sweet melody lured into our hearts.

Well, I wouldn’t say that the next minutes were more memorable because I was literally forced to stand among the girls who were craving to be a part of the bouquet tossing. I had no intention of getting it but I wasn’t in the least satisfied when Kang Gain was the one who grabbed the bouquet in the end.

At least one person was definitely having fun and that was my one and only cousin. Taehyung was jamming wildly to every of the songs and even hummed the lyrics for them. It was all thanks to Park Jimin who decided to sing something more captivating than trot hits and the dance floor was soon filled with enthusiastic couples. Taetae dragged me alone and since there was nothing else I could do, I gave in and we started dancing. To be precise, what I was doing couldn’t be considered dancing but I was trying. Grandpa and dad also asked me to a dance and it was quite weird because I think that I hadn’t danced with them since I was 6 years old. At that time, I was crazy about everything that was new to me and it was one of them. It was one hell of an era.

I can’t really remember for all the things that happened during the next few hours because I was either bored or talked with a friend of a friend’s friend. My cousin sometimes joined me, especially when we encountered my aunt’s best friend’s daughter who was only 4 years old. Taehyung was always good with kids and they got along as soon as they saw each other. I could tell that he wasn’t totally sober but he didn’t behave badly, so I tried not to think about it.

However, after our playing time with the little girl, he seemed much paler than he should have, hence I had to test the waters.

“Alright, Taetae, you don’t look well. How many shots did you have?” I cupped his chin quite furiously and forced him to face me. You can tell just by looking at someone if they are drunk or not and he definitely was! He had quite an amused expression displaying on his face while he was pondering.

“I dunno’”, he shrugged his shoulder but started counting on his hands. “1, 2, maybe 4? Wait, 4 is after 2, right?” he looked at me with his puppy eyes and I was aware of the fact that he wasn’t that type of drunk guy who started picking fights or got emotional but I still didn’t get used to see him acting like this. Gosh, where were his parents? I knew that they booked a room at the motel on the other side of the street but if they were already at their accommodation, I had to drag him all the way there. Around 2am, probably without the street lights on and totally alone. No, thank you, I didn’t want that.

“No, 4 is after 3, you genius.”

“Really?” he chuckled with a childish grin but I just rolled my eyes. I needed plan B. I needed to find his parents.

“Is there an earthquake? Omo, Jia, it’s an earthquake! Awesome, it’s an earthquake!” he piped up as his current state threw him off balance and he would have fallen to the floor if I hadn’t caught him in time.

“Oh, great,” I murmured under my nose as I slung my arms around his shoulder to make sure that he wouldn’t fall and make a total idiot out of himself. I pushed him forward and tried to manoeuvre the two of us among the crowd to get to the garden. Luckily, we didn’t bump into anyone who would ask us what happened, even when I wanted my cousin to sit down on the bench. As expected, he shook his head and didn’t budge, not even a bit.

“No-no, Jiamia,” he waggled his finger. “Taetae doesn’t want to sit down,” he stuck his tongue out at me when I already felt a need to slap him.

“Do you need help?” I heard a worried voice from behind and came in sight with the photography crew. Seokjin was the most frightened out

Please log in to read the full chapter