IV.

Smile for me
Please log in to read the full chapter
IV.

After the wedding ceremony, everyone was invited to the restaurant where the wedding reception would take place. It was a cosy restaurant and my aunt knew the owners, so everything was already settled days after the proposal.

There were rose petals, vanilla-scented candles, pink and white bouquets and heart-shaped things everywhere. I had no idea whose idea was the design but I found it quite stunning. Especially Mr. Hot Pink looked good in the room but now I understood why we were asked to show up in either a black and white or a rosy-coloured outfit.

The party soon began and events followed events. You know, what it’s like; the couple was asked to write a poem to each other; say some nice words to their parents; play the do-you-know-each-other game; the groom, the best man and the father of the bride presented their speeches and when all of this came to an end, it was time for the music. Instead of a wedding band, we had one of Namjoon’s friends – Park Jimin – on the stage who had a voice of an angel and sang lovely songs. Even though I particularly enjoyed the whole thing, I got tired and annoyed by the loud music, the even louder conversation between the guests, the already drunk people and the lack of oxygen. The air was suffocating, but I wasn’t in the least surprised since I was in a room with 200 other people. I seriously needed some oxygen. Like right then.

After I’d told my parents that I would go out a bit and let off some steam, I headed to the garden behind the hall. It was calmer and quieter and I liked how only a light wind blew through and I saw as it was blowing the restaurants’ curtains in and out. I stepped up to a fence and closed my eyes. I enjoyed how the sun was shining and closed my eyes. I exhaled, inhaled, exhaled, inhaled…

Then, I suddenly heard the sound of shutter. Oh no! I exactly knew what was happening and I have to admit that I wasn’t happy. Not at all. I frantically opened my eyes and turned around. There he was; Mr. Innocent behind his camera, capturing me as I was standing by the fence, trying to recharge my batteries.

“What did I tell you about being photographed?” I exclaimed, my hands balled into fists. I didn’t want to fight, of course, I had no idea how to do so, but I always acted like this when I got really pissed off.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled right away and removed the camera from his face, solemnly clutching it to his chest. “It was just… the angle was perfect and the way the sunset reflected your silhouette, it looked so−“ he explained, looking so damn nervous but I cut him off. I wasn’t in the mood to listen to his excuse. It was what it was and although I got used to him during the ceremony, it was still my healing time and not the reception party, so he shouldn’t have taken pictures of me.

“Delete it!”

“O-okay, sure,” he nodded while biting his lips and his hands were so shaky that he couldn’t even press the buttons. I took the camera without his permission and looked down at the photo which he had taken of me. Surprisingly, it wasn’t even that bad. I mean, you couldn’t even see my face, nor realise that it was me. You could only see my silhouette in the dim light of the sun and the surrounding decorative elements. Despite having a lack of knowledge at the field of photography, I knew without a doubt that it was quite artistic.

“Oh, it’s not that bad. You can’t even see that the girl is me,” I commented and let my eyes wander at the picture. I felt as my tenseness drained from my body. Gosh, I suddenly felt so delighted by the thought that I could give him inspiration for a moment like this. I didn’t even know what hit me, my feelings from before totally disappeared.

“I promise I’ll delete it!”

“No, no, you can keep it if you want,” I shook my head and suddenly felt a serious need to disagree because who knew that he could take such wonderful pictures? I personally didn’t know what happened to me and Mr. Innocent also furrowed his eyebrows in question. Then, he blinked a few and looked at me with his mouth agape.

“Really?”

“Well, it’s quite good. I mean, you could capture the sunset well,” I shrugged like it was nothing but I swore I saw his shoulders slumping in relief. I didn’t want to make him more embarrassed, so I knew that it would be a sensible idea to give back his camera but the thought that the rest of his work was in my hands and I could easily look at them… well, it actually piqued my curiosity.

So, I ended up going through his pictures and I couldn’t even phrase how surprised I was. His creations weren’t good, they were great. There weren’t pictures only about people but also about the interior of the church, the flowers in the bouquets, a lonely heart-shaped muffin on a plate and a desk full of rose petals and candles but without anyone around it. I couldn’t easily be amazed by artistic attempts but I soon realised that I was making approving sounds as I was looking at them.

Jonghyun was silent during the whole time a

Please log in to read the full chapter