V.

Smile for me
Please log in to read the full chapter
V.

Actually, I realised that Jungkook wasn’t a bad guy.

Okay, I may have overreacted the whole thing with my insecurity concerning photographers but hey, you know what it’s like when it comes to girls! I was never the type who liked being on photos and I wasn’t even afraid to say so. Nonetheless, he didn’t deserve to be a witness of my reckless behaviour and I knew it by the time I brought him some food.

“Oh, thanks,” he snapped out of his thoughts as he saw me walking up to him with a plate full of food. “You shouldn’t have done this for me but thank you,” he bowed at my direction which was kind of weird since I didn’t usually earn such respectful response.

“You’re welcome,” I eased him with a smile as we sat down on a bench. It might sound peculiar but I enjoyed just sitting beside him while he was eating. I chattered about the dishes I had chosen for him and he nodded while his mouth was full of rice. He looked funny but I didn’t want to outright laugh at him, so I made an attempt to suppress my teasing grin.

All of a sudden, someone cleared his throat behind us and we both turned around to see who it was. I assumed that it was Mr. Grey Hair who crossed his arms and furrowed his eyebrows, making his bafflement clear but it could have been Mr. Hot Pink as well. But the latter looked surprisingly delighted to see his friend with the girl who almost strangled him 4 hours ago.

“Oh, we interrupted something?” Yoongi asked pryingly and before I could say anything, Jungkook instinctively stood up and raffled his chocolate-brown, slightly curly hair.

“No, hyung! I’ll go right away!”

“You don’t have to, kid,” the photographer raised his arms in defeat while the blondie smiled supportively. I was quite amused by the nickname he used because it was obvious that Jungkook was the youngest out of the three but he didn’t seem like someone who appreciated this particular compellation. “We were also thinking about having something for dinner,” he explained gently while letting his arms flop by his sides.

Jungkook fidgeted so anxiously that I bet that he was never as nervous in his whole life as he was now. After all, I was the one who mentally killed him for taking pictures of me and even yelled at him in public, so it wasn’t a surprise that he was ashamed, now that he was talking with me. And the other guys didn’t even know that I had already apologised.

“You can go with them if you want. I see that you’re quite uncomfortable around me.”

“No, I’m just−“ Mr. Innocent bashfully looked up at me and I could tell that he was dead wrong. Hell yeah, he was embarrassed!

“He’s just shy around strangers, especially girls,” Seokjin whispered like it was our secret but his voice had a teasing edge to it. Well, I was aware of that fact, thank you very much. Maybe Jungkook wasn’t the most outgoing person on Earth but he made quite a progress in the last hour. Until his friends showed up, he was pretty talkative and seemed just fine. But I guess it’s okay if you’re more terrified when your friends are around.

“I’m surprised that he hasn’t run away yet,” Mr. Grey Hair joined in and he was definitely donning a grin. “But it seems that everything is alright between you two,” he accentuated mildly and a half-knowing, half-questioning look came into his eyes. He wasn’t that kind of guy who tried to look scary and make me want to scamper away because I had definitely hurt his friend’s feelings but he was more like that kind of guy whose words were the ones that could kill you.

“I’m sorry for being rude to the two of you, too” I darted between the two elder guys who had totally different reactions. Mr. Hot Pink was incredibly happy and my sudden confession made him jump in excitement while his friend merely shrugged his shoulders.

“No problem. If Jungkook accepted your apology, we’re also fine.”

“I did,” the boy blurted out but his voice was barely audible. When everyone averted their eyes to him, he looked down at his fingers and started toying with his camera. His face was flushing red.

“And that’s okay if you’re a little harsh sometimes,” Yoongi cleared his throat and tried to clear the tension in the air. “I guess he got used to that beside me,” he finally boasted one of his gentle smiles and it made him much more attractive. If he didn’t act like a grumpy grandpa, he was quite nice.

After Yoongi’s chuckle, the next few minutes were spent in an odd silence. None of us knew what we should say or do, so we said nothing. It was hilarious since there were 3 guys around me who probably hated me hours ago and now they treated me like I was their good buddy.

“But why do you hate cameras so much?” Seokjin met my gaze, his eyes hinting at hi

Please log in to read the full chapter