Showdown | Sailing

S A I L I N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's solo.

Tiffany's solo.

Jessica's solo.

 

  

 

Taeyeon was amazing with 'I' and received a total of 11 music program awards, the album topped the Gaon Album Chart and also became the best-selling album of October which was named as the main contributor in terms of sales for the fourth quarter last year. 

Her subsequent digital single, 'Rain' reached #1 on the Gaon Digital Chart and #3 on Billboard World Digital Songs chart. It was also reported to be the most viewed K-pop music video in the United States as well as worldwide for the month of February. Despite the lack promotion for the song, 'Rain' managed to clinch its first music show win on Inkigayo.

Why.

'Why' was the unexpected album with Taeyeon displaying an array of different music as compared to her debut album, 'I'. 'Why' exceeded 100,000 pre-orders and was placed within the top ten on the Billboard World Albums Chart; both 'Starlight' and 'Why' had clinched two music program awards even though her promotions had been cut to one week. 

 

   

 

Not forgetting that Taeyeon also held her solo concert 'Taeyeon's Very Special Day' during 'I' era and her first nationwide solo concert, 'Butterfly Kiss'. While 'Taeyeon's Very Special Day' had been sold out and even had to have additional dates added in, 'Butterfly Kiss' had been deemed as a milestone for all female idol singers and Taeyeon was described as carrying the show with her strong vocals. 

 

 

 

At the Golden Disk Awards 2015, Taeyeon had won a Bonsang and so did Girls' Generation. Furthermore, Taeyeon had also single-handedly clinched the 'Best Female Singer' award at Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) along with their group being the 'Best Female Group' - it was double the happiness. 

Needless to say, a big party was thrown back home. 

 

jeo meon gireul dora

dashi mannan segeneun neoya

You know it's true

 

You are the world I met 

When I detoured, it's you

You know it's true

 

 

Showdown 

 

    

 

Jessica thought to herself, ‘why did it have to be Fany?’ She wasn’t ready to face Tiffany personally even though she has exchanged a couple of text messages with a few of the members. Even so, the text messages had come off colder than she expected and the members were often scared, not knowing what they could say and what they couldn't. 

She knew that by these clashing comebacks, the media would only find ways to either knock the both of them down or pit them against one another with everything they could. She could also see the amount of work Tiffany had put in for this comeback, even juggling her variety shows, vocal lessons and other schedules. 

Zzz... Zzz...

“Hello?”

“S-Sica…”

Speak of the devil.

Jessica knew that husky voice anywhere - Tiffany Hwang. Jessica hadn't been keeping in touch with Tiffany because of their own busy schedules and preparation for comeback. In fact, if Jessica didn't know better... she would say that Krystal and her manager had planned this with her previous Manager Oppa, not with the intention of competing - but to promote together as friends again.

“Hey, babe.” Jessica whispered, her heart breaking when she could hear Tiffany taking deep breaths through the receiver, “Fany? Are you okay?” When Tiffany didn’t respond, Jessica instantly bolted up from her bed and tried once more, “Fany! Answer me! Are you feeling sick? Is anyone at home?”

The call was cut. 

Jessica cursed and quickly dressed up, she was going back home to check on Tiffany. She took out her phone and quickly punched in Yoona's number, tapping her fingernails on the shelf impatiently. She immediately asked when the call was picked up, “Yoong! Is anyone at home with Fany?” 

Yoona nearly fell to her knees at the familiar voice, “S-Sica-unnie?”

“Yes, Yoong. It’s me…” Jessica mumbled, “was anyone at home with Fany when you left?”

Yoona regained her senses when Jessica mentioned Tiffany. She turned to Yuri beside her and Yuri shook her head, Tiffany wanted to be left alone so everyone went for their schedules. “No, Unnie. Fany-unnie wasn’t feeling well and she didn’t want anyone to stay behind and look after her… Why do you ask?” She asked curiously.

Jessica cursed again and grabbed her car keys, running downstairs to the porch where her BMW was parked. “I think Fany’s having a panic attack! If you can, please go home! I’m coming over right now!” With that said, Jessica hung up and revved up her engine, speeding onto the highway to get to Tiffany.  

 

Tiffany was curled up in a ball, her back leaning against the wall as tears and emotions racked her body. She didn't want to go up against Jessica; her heart couldn't take the pain that was in her every time there were pictures of Jessica being published; standing all alone in the airport or with that stupid skunk who's using her for attention. Tiffany was really upset at that.

And now this, their solo albums were going against one another.

What was she going to do?

A while ago, she thought hearing Jessica's voice would be good but it only caused her to break down - she didn't realize how much she had missed Jessica and her icy but warm presence around her till Jessica's voice rang through the receiver. The mere thought of Jessica was enough to send Tiffany into the gates of hell, the pain in her chest resuming. 

As Tiffany continued to sob into her palm, she was unaware that someone had already entered the house and was looking for her. She continued to let a few more tears roll down her cheek, sniffling into her blanket that was thrown around her. 

The door flung open, scaring the life out of Tiffany as she looked up with her face still wet from her tears. “Fany?” Tiffany was frozen in her position; she couldn’t believe her eyes. Firstly, she couldn’t understand why Jessica was back here when it was clear that Jessica had no plans to come back. Secondly… why was she here?

Jessica moved as quickly as lightning and she was beside Tiffany in a second, her arms thrown around the younger one. Tiffany weakly wrapped her arms around Jessica’s waist, burying her face into the blonde’s chest. Jessica didn’t know why Tiffany was having another panic attack because it only happened when Tiffany was going through a rough patch. 

“Fany, what’s wrong?” Jessica whispered, running her fingers through Tiffany’s dark locks, “stop crying and tell me what happened…”

It took a while for Tiffany to calm herself down, her breathing still a little choppy as she sat on Jessica’s bed – that’s right, Jessica had found Tiffany in her old room. She unconsciously played with her fingers, not daring to make any eye contact with Jessica at all. Jessica, on the other hand, didn't know whether to be hurt or guilty that Tiffany couldn't even look at her straight in the eye. 

Deciding that Tiffany wasn't going to make the first move, Jessica sat in front of Tiffany

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter