Chapter 91

Age Doesn't Matter...Or Does It?

Narrator's POV

"Where could she be?" L.Joe muttered to himself that busy Monday morning. He was already in his first class for the day, same with Min Yu. He frantically shooed away any person that would try to take a seat beside him, because he already reserved it for Min Yu.

The bell rang, signalling the start of classes but the chair remained vacant. The teacher already entered and started talking about the lesson, but she was still missing. 'Oh well. Maybe she's absent,' he thought.

He let himself be absorbed in the class discussion. "Good morning sunsaengnim. Sorry, I'm late," a voice popped out of nowhere. Everyone turned around and saw that it was Min Yu. Students started murmuring to themselves. "Park Min Yu?" the teacher fixed his glasses. "Yes. I'm sorry I was late," she repeated. "Well then, take your seat," he said and waved her off.

She saw L.Joe and sat beside him. "Hey," she greeted. The murmurs got louder and the teacher had to tap his table in order to maintain silence. "Everyone's surely talking about me," she muttered.

"Why?" L.Joe asked. "I was never late," she said. He was about to ask why she was, but her poised seating position and fixed eyes meant that she was intently listening to the educator, so he didn't bother.

L.Joe's POV

"Where is he?" Min Yu asked for the third time during lunch. We were seated on our usual table and was busily eating lunch except Ricky. He was cramming his Math homework. "Relax. Maybe he's on his way," CAP hyung said.

She sighed and clutched the lunchbox close to her. "How come you could cook for Chunji but not for us?" Niel complained. "Next time," she mumbled and looked around. I saw Chunji from another building walking towards us. He was all smiles, as if no one had been waiting for him.

"Hey," I greeted. "You're late once again," Changjo commented. "I was from the Physics laboratory," he replied. "Have you eaten yet?" Ricky asked. "Yeah. You know Hana? She offered to treat me lunch, so..." he said.

I gritted my teeth, because I knew his response struck Min Yu hard. He didn't even notice she was there. She stood up, and left, before Chunji could even acknowledge her presence. "Wrong move," I said while she walked away.

"What? Did something happen?" Chunji asked unknowingly. "Obviously, she'd been waiting for you," CAP shook his head. "She even made you lunch. It would have been fine if she only bought it but she cooked it herself," Niel added.

"Did you notice the bandage on her finger? She got burned while cooking," Ricky said. "To think, she was even late this morning just because she was busy cooking lunch for you," I grumbled.

"She was waiting for you so you could eat together. But now that you said you just ate..." Changjo continued. "With another girl at that," I agreed. Realizing the damage he'd done, Chunji looked like he was going crazy.

Min Yu's POV

I headed towards the nearest garbage bin to throw the food away, but a hand stopped me. "Don't," he said. I bit my trembling lips and continued walking.

"You cooked it for me, right? I'll eat it," he pressed. "You've already eaten, right? With...what's her name...Hana? It's fine. Don't worry," I pushed him away. "Give it to me," he held his hand out. "No. It's not delicious, anyway," I mumbled and threw the food away. I shouldn't act like it's a big deal.

"You haven't eaten yet," he commented. "I'm not hungry," I said. I walked faster, waiting for Chunji to get tired so he would quit following me. I went outside, to the school garden. I sat on a bench when suddenly, someone sat beside me.

"You should eat before lunch is over," he said. "I have to study for something," I shook my head. I took my book out and started reading a random page. I felt the tears coming, so I bit my lips harder. My hand unconsciously held on to the page tighter, making the paper crumple.

Chunji was still staring at me, thinking he could find the answers on my face. "You're not reading," he said. And I noticed I've been reading the same sentence over and over again. I turned the page, and continued reading.

The tears were threatening to fall, and I bit my lips the hardest I could. Next thing I knew, blood and tears were dripping onto the page. He sighed deeply and closed the book I was reading.

"I'm sorry," he said and turned me to face him. "Stop that," he held my chin and ordered me to stop biting my bleeding lips. I looked down and played with my fingers. He examined the bandage on my right forefinger, and carefully laid it down.

My head ached because of the hot tears I kept holding back. "I screwed up. Big time. I'm really really sorry," he said. "It's nothing," I said, trying to wipe my tears away.

"Nothing? You made an effort to cook for me...nothing? You were late, for the first time ever just because you were making me lunch...nothing? You waited for me just so we could eat lunch together...nothing? You're drowning me with guilt," he responded.

The bell rang, and I stood up. I composed myself before going back to class. "I'd walk you home," he said. It wasn't an offer. It wasn't even a question. It was an order. "No thanks. Maybe Hana needs your company," I said and walked away, without waiting for another answer.

Chunji's POV

Wrong. Everything was wrong. How could I have been so stupid? Argh, if only I could punch myself right now. "Why are you here?" L.Joe asked during dismissal. "I thought you always walked her home," Ricky added.

"She's angry," I muttered sadly. "You told her straight to her face that you ate lunch with some other girl when you already have a girlfriend. Do you think she'd be happy about it?" Niel butted in.

The car was already waiting for us outside when we exited the campus. "Can we at least check if she arrives home safely?" I asked. "You mean, follow her around?" CAP said. I nodded. "It'll be fun," Ricky exclaimed and I glared at him.

"I understand it's for her safety," he mumbled automatically. We waited for a few minutes and saw her walking outside. I watched her walk outside the school gates. "Let's follow," I said.

The car accelerated but managed to stay behind. "Her eyes and nose are still red. What did you do to her?" L.Joe watched closely. "Super Junior hyungs would kill you," Changjo added.

Actually, I didn't care if they beat me up or bad mouth me. I just want her to forgive me, because I know she thinks I'm cheating on her. She only doesn't say it, but it isn't true. We reached a stoplight. She continued walking down the intersection and crossed the street.

She was still crying, obviously. And it made my heart clench. To make her sad was the last thing on earth I wanted to do. The light turned green and we continued following her. Just then, CAP's phone started ringing. "It's her," he said after glancing on the screen. "Answer it!" I ordered.

He put it on loudspeaker and accepted the call. "I could go home safely. You guys have something better to do than follow me around," she said and hung up. I closed my eyes and slumped back on my seat. "Let's just go home," I said.

I have no idea on how to make it up to her. I doubt it that she'd answer my calls or reply to my texts. Worse, she'd never talk to me again. "It's gonna be fine, hyung," Niel patted my shoulder when we reached the dorm. "She'd forgive you if you're sincere," Changjo advised. I nodded and was grateful for having to live with them.

"As much as I promised Min Yu that I'd rip your face to shreds if you hurt her, I still want you to have a face when you go forth and apologize," L.Joe added. I made my way slowly to my room.

Who cares if I was home, she probably doesn't worry about me anymore. I plopped down on my bed, and stared at the ceiling. I racked my brain for clues on anything that might make her forgive me. I felt my phone vibrate and saw a text from Donghae hyung.

I hesitated to open it, assuming that Min Yu might have already told him what happened.

Sender: Donghae

Did you enjoy the lunch Min Yu made? She even asked me to help her cook.

What I had said had come true. I was drowning in guilt. This whole day, even after lunch, I didn't cry. I've been tempted to, while we were seated on the bench earlier. It wasn't that I was ashamed.

It's because I don't want her to pity me. But reading Donghae's text, I broke down. My four-walled, not soundproof room was a witness to my anguish. I didn't do anything. No assignments, no eating, no changing clothes. Because I know, back in her room, she's in deeper pain.

Narrator's POV

"Min Yu? Come down and eat dinner," Min Jae opened the door to her daughter's room. She was lying face down on the bed. "I don't feel like eating anything," she replied, her voice muffled by the pillow.

"Do you want to talk about it?" her mother asked. "No," she answered coldly. With that, her mom left, closing the door behind her. She stood up and locked the door. She didn't want anyone to bear with her burden.

There was another knock. But this time, it wasn't from the door. She checked her phone if there were any messages from L.Joe asking for another help, but there was none. So who could it be?

With the possibility of a thief, she grabbed her pepper spray. But then again, what kind of smart thief would knock first before stealing her things? She stood up and opened the window. "What are you doing here?" she asked as she opened the window to the widest it could go.

Chunji stepped inside. "I made you dinner," he presented. She fell back on her bed and resumed the face down position. "Aren't you even going to talk to me?" he closed the window and sat beside her.

"What do you want me to say? Do you want me to smile and be happy and act like nothing's happened?" she argued in a loud voice. "I don't want to fight," he said. "Why are you here? It's getting late," she demanded. "I'll leave. But you have to eat dinner first with me," he showed her the food he especially cooked for her.

"This won't let you off the hook," she sat up. "I didn't say anything," he said. Though she was still mad, she fought the urge to smile at how he looked as she walked over to switch on the lights.

There he was, a tall, brown eyed, guy sitting on her bed eating the dinner he made himself. "You have to feed me," she ordered, taking a seat beside him. Chunji smiled at how cute she was, mad but still sweet.

He did what was told until they both finished the meal. "You can be a good cook after all," she commented while helping him clean up the mess. She went over to the bathroom to shower and change clothes. When she came out, he was still there.

"You didn't rummage through my things, did you?" she asked suspiciously. He shook his head no. "Are you going to sleep already?" he asked, and she nodded. "I'll just wait for you to fall asleep," he said. She climbed on her bed and was about to lie down when Chunji stopped her.

"What?" she asked. "You still haven't brushed your hair," he commented. "But it's no use. It would be messy when I wake up," she scrunched her eyes. "You still have to brush your hair," he walked over to her bedside table and grabbed a brush. He carefully smoothed out every tangles of her hair as he combed through it.

"So you're a hair stylist now?" she teased, and rested against his chest.

"I'm sorry, if that's what you want to hear. I really want to apologize for being such an insensitive guy. But I appreciate everything you did," he said, laying the brush back down. She sat up and laid her head on her pillow gently.

"Did you walk Hana home?" she asked. He laid down beside her. "I'm not chasing after other girls, if that's what you're thinking. I just ate with her out of kindness. It was nothing," he replied.

"Are you just taking a revenge on me after my secret with L.Joe? Because if you're just trying to make me jealous, then it's working. Congratulations," she said. He chuckled and held her close to him.

"I'm sorry for everything," he whispered, their faces just centimeters apart. "I love you," he continued. She smiled, and leaned closer to kiss him. "Thanks to your dinner, you're forgiven," she muttered and smiled.

He waited for her to drift off to sleep, and when she did, he followed his promise and climbed out the window.

~Sorry for not updating yesterday (April 3, 2012) so I decided I'd write 4 new chapters (87-91). I want to wish Eunhyuk a happy birthday~! ♥ P.S. Jominhyung is very sick right now so I'm sorry if there are many errors in the new chapters :( please send her lots of love :) -min_neulmi