{4}

Selfish thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jae ..." 

Seulgi mumbled softly in her sleep. Seems like she's in a lot of trouble huh? Thinking of him like this, only he wished instead of being her confidante she would see him in another light, perhaps a little romantically.

Jaebum shook his head what are these nuisance thoughts he kept on entertaining hadn't he said before that he wouldn't ask anything more of their friendship? He sighed if only he could turn back time maybe he'd go on and stop her from pursuing this career maybe that would save him from all these drama and perhaps he could keep his promise of not being more than a friend to her. 

***

Seulgi woke up feeling rejuvenated it had been so long since she had a good night sleep and add to that the familiar homey scent of the warm blankets around her proved to be very calming. Though her sense of calm vanished when she saw where she was, from the color of the couch to the odd arrangement of the living room she was no doubt in his house. Damn. No wonder the blankets smelled like his clothes, it was freaking his! Oh gosh.

"Good to know you finally realized your predicament." to her utmost disgrace he was there standing in front of her, arms crossed and eyes coldly staring at her.

"I'm sorry." she muttered quietly avoiding his gaze but to no avail since he lifted her chin and made her look at him. ‘Good gracious why does he look so annoyed? I didn't do anything stupid right?’ She thought desperately.
 

"Tell me why you're here in my house." he crossed his arms on his chest.

"Uhh you brought me in?"
 

"Try again, dumb bear."

"I ... I need to tell you something." she tried to look everywhere but at him and his annoyed face but of course this was Im Jaebum and that means she couldn't defy him especially when he's annoyed. 

"So tell me." 

"O-oka ..." her answer was interrupted by her growling stomach, apparently the sujebi she ate at her house wasn't enough so her stomach just had to protest now.

"Fine, after you eat." she sighed thankful to the stars that she'd have ample time to think about what she had to say for this guy not to turn into a scary wolf again.
***

As it turned out there was a feast waiting for them in the table braised spicy chicken, fried chicken, jjajangmyun and Mrs. Lim's version of sujebi and though she wasn't sure the food complimented each other she was thankful since all were her favorites. 

"She couldn't even cook ramyun when I get home but this girl gets a feast?" Jaebum muttered as he settled down on his seat.

"She loves me more that's why." she teased but of course he still hasn't forgiven her so he merely glowered at her making her shrink in her place.

"How many times do I have to tell you, dumb bear to stop talking when he's mad, huh?" she scolded herself making him shake his head disbelievingly. 

They ate in silence for a few more minutes until he cleared his throat and stared pointedly at her, why did he have to look so scary? 

"I ... I uh—" she stuttered, how could she tell him something as big as this and not expect him to be angry, she shouldn't have called him right away she should've waited until she sorted the problem in her mind.

"Hmh?" 

"IdontknowhatIshoulddobecausethecompanysaysIshoulddogoodorelseIllbedismissedasatrainee." how she said that in one go, she might never be able to find out but it felt good to let it out though the look in his face made her want to crawl and die.

"Please don't make me repeat that." she silently begged.

"Now I understand why SM Entertainment had been the top of the game all this time." he said softly, confusing her. 

“What do you mean?"

"Kang Seulgi you chose this path for yourself, don't tell me you're giving up now?"

"Its not that but out of all the trainees there I'm not e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter