{12}

Selfish thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometime in July 2014 was when Jaebum got the most dramatic news of his busy life: Kang Seulgi is finally debuting! With a group, along with Joohyun and two other girls he forgot the names of, although he would say that both were very pretty in their own ways.

Although he wasn't at all shocked since their company made a few hints about the upcoming groups through something he recalls as 'smrookies project'. Still, he couldn't help the glee that overcame him upon knowing that finally, finally his tiny bear is one step closer to achieving the peak of her dreams.

***

To say that the entire family was ecstatic was an understatement, both of Seulgi's parents were shouting on top of their lungs, eyes both teary and smiles never wavering even her brother who'd been tired from his part time job was doing a strange dance that Jaebum can only conclude as some sort of a happy dance.

His own mother was ecstatic as well and made it a point to drag him to the Kangs when she heard the news herself, saying as how she won't be the only mother who would be troubled when their child doesn't come home to important dates. Jaebum merely shook his head, his own group's been busy promoting since the start of the year and truthfully he'd been tired, but it was a good kind of tired, the kind that makes you feel good because you're getting something done.

And although he has a schedule early the next morning, he knew he had to be home to congratulate Seulgi, even without his mother bugging him to do so.

***

It had been a long day of overwhelming emotions, what with Seulgi's turn to have her teaser photo revealed finally coming last night. The responses for the most part were great, despite quite a lot of hurtful things she occasionally saw, what with the company suffering from the backlash of the issues their sunbae groups experienced but she held herself well. She had been waiting for this for so long, there's little to entirely dampen her mood with.

She saw Joohyun— whom according to the company shall now be addressed as Irene nestled in one of their couches in the dormitory, she was reading a book and her journals were scattered on the table in front of her, her hair was tied into a messy bun high on her head that shows off the bright fuchsia tips which Seulgi couldn't help but stare at. It had been a strange hairstyle the company made them sport, with only the tips being dyed in bright colors that they were told to represent their 'official colors', hers was fire orange almost near warm as Joohyun's and too fiery against the other two's colder green and blue hues.

Truthfully she held a bit of hesitation with how they were supposed to be presented to the public, it would be the most important and even if she had years to envision her debut concept, it was still a different experience firsthand.

"Would you be heading home tonight?" Joohyun peered up at her book, eyes easily finding hers. 

"Yeah, my mom says we have a celebration of sorts." Seulgi muttered,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter