three

Mermaid's Tears : Aquamarine

The boys were shocked when they saw 'Old Man Zhao' at the door. He heard that the boys came to town so he came to visit them. Old Man Zhao has lived on the coast of Macao for years and he was very, very interested in what goes on under the sea. He practically raised the four boys when they were young, Old Man Zhao taught them how to fish and how to run a boat everytime they came back to Macao. Old Man Zhao has aged since the boys last saw him. "Hey!" Luhan hugged the man and invited him in. The rest of the boys are welcomed him with hugs until he turned his head towards Meili. "Who are you?" he asked. "I-I'm Song Meili.." she said softly. "We found her unconcious down at the beach. Seems like she has Amnesia or something." Tao said. Old Man Zhao's face had a sudden mysterious change to it. It seemed as if he was thinking about something. 

"Becareful young men, the sea has been restless these past few days" Old Man Zhao said. His wisdom scared her a bit. "What?" Yifan laughed "What do you mean by that?." "Uhm, Old Man Zhao I think it's best if you start going now." Luhan said as he gently gripped onto the old man. The old man nodded lightly and was escorted out the door. "I think Old Man Zhao has drunk salt water one too many times." Tao stated. "Leave him alone." Yixing said. "Anyways, don't be hurt by the way he reacted towards you." Luhan lightly smiled and messed with her hair before walking to his room. Meili walked out to the balcony and stared into the starry night. She began thinking of her family. What was she supposed to do up on land? Sit and wait for everyone in her home city to be killed. She missed her family, she was alone up here and knew no one. Yixing soon followed her after here some sniffles. 

"Why are you crying?" he said bringing Meili into a hug. "What if I never see my family again?" she cried, afraid but she felt comforted in his embrace. She hugged him back as he brought her courage. "You have me, I'll take care of you. I'll be here for you, through your best and worst times. No matter what happens, I will never break this promise. Okay? I hate seeing you like this." he lightly smiled at her. Her heart fluttered at the way his choice of words and the way he talked. She feared the feeling and slightly pushed away. "You should go to sleep." Meili gave a light smile and Yixing nodded. "You too." he said before leaving. Meili walked back into the house and layed at the place on the ground that Luhan made her sleep at, then she looked up at him who was laying down on the bed playing his phone. 

"Don't stare too long, you might get blind." Luhan said still touching his smart phone. She scoffed and looked at the clock. It was 11:40pm which meant she only had 10 minutes until her tail comes out. Her eyes widened at the clock and quickly made up and excuse to leave the room. "Uhmm, I'm going to the restroom, it might take a while. Don't come looking for me." she said and left towards the door. "Tch- I need to know, why?" he got back to his phone. It had been over 30 minutes since she's been in the restroom. "Where is this girl? She couldn't have possibly died in the shower or on the toilet, right?" Luhan got of his bed and set his phone down. He walked to the bathroom. The light was on and the door was locked, but he heard no noise. He didn't want to become a "ert" but if something happened to her, it was on him and the boys. Luhan was able to successfully pick the lock. He slowly opened the door but there was no one there. Confused, he turned his head towards the balcony door that was left open. He walked out and called for her, still no answer. He looked down and saw foot prints leaving the house. Luhan decided to follow the feminine and small foot prints.

The foot prints led him far into the parts of the beach he had never been to. He went stumbled over trees that stretched there leaves down like willow trees. "What is this woman doing all the way out here?" Luhan said annoyed. "If I find her she's going to-" As Luhan pushed over some vines a beautiful cove became visible. A beautiful woman figure was bathing herself. But why in the salt water? It didn't matter anymore. He totally forgot about trying to find Meili. The sight was beautiful. He wasn't the kind to peep at women but it wasn't just any woman. It was some kind of divine, angelic being. The way she bathed was so elegant and pure. The way she giggled as she trickled water down her neckline was an astonishing view. The goddess like figure pulled her hair to one side of her head and combed her soft, shiny hair with her fingers. The moonlight illuminated her figure from the dark. She was glowing. Luhan was watching 'awe', he fell in love. In all his lifetime nothing had ever taken his breath away like she did. 

The figure turned around but still didn't catch the peeping Luhan. "Meili..." he said gazing towards her. She began swimming around and she lifted up her fishtail. Luhan was in disbelief. "A mermaid..." he thought. He wasn't afraid of her. He still was tranced by her beauty. "She's going to be mine." he said lowly. Memories of Old Man Zhao's mermaid stories started coming back to his memory. That old man wasn't just drunk off of salt water, he knew that there was life far under the sea.


pretty short~ but please stay tuned. comment, subscribe, and upvote! <3