two

Mermaid's Tears : Aquamarine

It was night time and all the boys were asleep. Only Meili was awake on her floor bed, which Luhan had set up for her in his room. She watched as the numbers on the clock struck 12 and her legs turned into a fishtail. Her gills were so sparkly it lit up the whole room. With her delicate hands touched her familiar tail and waited for it to turn back to legs then she went to sleep. It was the second day at Luhan's private beach house. Yixing was busy teaching Meili Mandarin, while Yifan made breakfast for everyone. Meili was actually catching on very fast. She was already able to say complete sentences. They all sat at the dining table after Yifan set it up. "Thank you." Meili said to Yifan while smiling. He chuckled and ruffled her hair. Luhan was on the balcony, leaning against the railing, thinking. "She's becoming more and more human." Yifan approached Luhan. "What are we going to do?" Luhan said and continued staring out to the sea. Yifan sighed "She'll remember soon, where she came from, and what she needs to do. But, Luhan, just don't fall for her." Luhan gave him a confused look "I am not the type to fall that easily, if anything, she better not fall for me." Yifan chuckled "Let's go eat."

Everyone ate at the dining table, making jokes and laughing. "Meili, you don't remember anything yet?" Tao asked. Meili's smile faded and she put down her eating utensils. "No, not yet." she said and patted her lips away with a napkin. It seemed as she was hiding something. The boys all looked eachother, figuring she had a secret. "You know we're going back to Beijing in a month right? It'd be best if we helped find where your family was." Yifan said. Meili gasped and desperately grabbed onto Luhan's arm. "Take me too. I have no where to go." Meili begged. Luhan dropped hisfork into his plate coldly, and pryed her hands off of him. "I'm sorry but we can't just have you leaching off of us." Luhan sat back in his chair and crossed arms. "Luhan, don't be like that. If we can't find her family, we can't just leave her in the streets of Macau." Yixing said. "And you plan on taking her or what?" Tao asked. Yixing thought and nodded "We found her, so we must take responsibility of her." Meili lightly smiled at her savior and bowed her head as a thank you. "Alright that's settled, but that doesn't mean we should stop looking for her family." Yifan said. 

Meili pressed her lips against eachother and looked around. "Maybe we should go to the carnival this evening?" Yixing suggested. "Carnival?" Meili tilted her. "It's place where people go to eat and get on rides." Tao nodded. Meili gasped "Can we really go there?" She smiled and looked at Yixing. Yixing nodded back with a smile. Luhan scoffed "You guys are getting a little too friendly, don't you think?" Meili's expression went blank "Is that bad?" Yixing looked at Luhan then at Meili and smiled "Luhan's just a little agitated." Luhan walked out to the balcony, he didn't know why but anger was lighting a fire in his heart everytime Meili got close to the other guys. Tao followed out after Luhan. "Wow, she's really naive" Tao laughed. "How can she be all over you guys like that? Maybe she's playing you guys all together." Tao laughed. "What? No way." Luhan playfully nudged Tao. "Maybe she's just a hard one to crack. It doesn't look like her heart opens that easily." Tao said. "Oh please, you want to bet I can crack that golden lock around her heart open?" Luhan said. "You're on. I'll bet my new jet that she'll fall for Yixing first." Tao laughed. "Fine, I'll bet my yacht." Luhan laughed and turned back to the house.

The sun began to fall and everyone got ready to leave to the carnival. Luhan wore a white t-shirt, jeans, and a light coat since it gets cold at night. Kris wore a blue denim buttoned-up shirt and a pair of black, ripped jeans. Yixing wore a dark blue, short-sleeved, buttoned-up shirt with a pair of casual black jeans. Tao wore a long white t-shirt and a long blue plaid button shirt over with black jeans and a white snapback to top it off. Meili wore a casual t-shirt and shorts with sneakers. They walked to the carnival since it was just down the street. The lights were amusing to Meili. Yixing saw the glow in her eyes and it mad him happy inside. He only wanted her too see the good things in the world, he wanted to protect her. "Yixing! What is that!" Meili said like a little kid while pointing at a ferris wheel. "Ferris wheel." Yixing chuckled and walked up to her "Want to ride it?" He looked up to the very top of the ferris wheel. "Can we?" she smiled. Without an answer Yixing pulled her by the hand entering the first carriage. The rest of the boys watched Yixing as he turned into something else. "Are we here to supervise a date or what?" Tao watched as the two boarded a carriage and Meili waved towards them. "Whatever.." Luhan said and walked away.

Meili was excited and scared at the same time. "Yixing we're going to die." she clung onto his arm. The next thing he knew she was trying to rock the carriage "This is so fun!" Meili yelled. Yixing just sat back and laughed. "The world is so pretty!" Meili yelled out to the ocean. Yixing started adoring every little thing about her, even her dorkiest moments and strangest moods. Meili opened her arms wideand closed the eyes, smelling the fresh air. Yixing couldn't help it, he grabbed her wrist and as she turned around he gazed into her eyes, he coughed after realizing hoe awkward of a state she was in and played it off. "Don't fall off." he let her go. Meili smiled and let out a chuckle. Once the ride ended, she ran back to where the guys were with Yixing following behind. "You guys should've went too! It was gorgeous." Meili exclaimed. Yifan laughed "You've really never been to a carnival?" Meili shook her head in a reply, she wandered her eyes around to finally notice that Luhan was missing from the group. "Where's Luhan?" she asked. Yifan sighed "Probably being moody somewhere." 

After walking around for a while they found Luhan at a booth throwing darts, failing since he's been thinking too much lately. The crew walked closer and Meili noticed the giant teddy bear at the dart booth. Luhan looked over his shoulder "You want that?" Meili did want it, but she thought it'd be too much of as a hassle so she shook her head. Though, Luhan knew she really wanted one by the look in her eyes. He handed money to the booth owner. "Three more darts please." he said. The booth owner handed him three darts and Meili tried to stop. "No Luhan, you don't have to." Meili said grabbing to the darts on his hand. Luhan paused then looked down at her hand touching his. "Off." Luhan furrowed his brows while looking at her. She instantly let go a bit frightened. Luhan threw the darts and he missed all three. "Three more." Luhan said and set more money on the booth stand. Again, he missed. He repeated the steps about 3 times until Yixing stopped him and tried playing himself. "Three please." Yixing smiled at the booth owner and handed him money. He threw the first hitting the bulls' eye. Meili screamed in excitement at thought that she may be getting the giant teddy bear after all. Luhan looked at him a bit envious. Yixing threw the next two again hitting the target correctly. The booth owner then handed him the bear that was as big as he was. Yixing took a look at her tiny figure "Shall I carry it for you?" Meili laughed sheepishly.

After a while they all went back home. Once they got home Yixing gave her giant prize. She was struggling to get it to her room and fell on top of it on the living room floor. The guys laughed at her except Luhan. He left to his bedroom and layed on his bed. He thought for a while. Why was he getting so mad that Meili was growing so close to Yixing? It's not like he liked her or anything, right? Suddenly the door bell rang. Luhan got up to open the door, passing by Meili and the guys in the living room. Luhan opened the door. "Surprise!" a familiar voice exclaimed that caused the guys in the living to turn their heads to the door.