Set 4

DBSK/JYJ Drabble Series

1. “Me Against the World” by Superchic[k]

Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu were going up against SM Entertainment. They never realized how much power SM had until they first tried to perform on a music show. Yeah, sure, JYJ heard rumors about the things SM were capable of doing. Now SM was stopping the whole cast of a TV show from being guest on variety shows.

 

2. “Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong” by Spin Doctors

Yunho wonders why Jaejoong always has to be right. Is there something in their relationship that says he’s always at fault?

“Yunho, just admit you’re wrong, and then we can all have some of Jaejoong’s kimchi jjigae and wonderful side dishes,” says Changmin.

“So I never get to win an argument, just so you can fill your belly?”

“My belly is more important than your silly little argument.”

“Well, I just want you to know that I wasn’t flirting with that girl on Love Letter. We were paired up! What else was I suppose to do? Be mean to her?”

“No, but you were suppose to send out a secret sign to Jae to let him know you were thinking of him while on the show,” Yoochun says showing up out of nowhere.

Yunho can only stare blankly at Yoochun.

 

3. “Transcend” by Group 1 Crew

The legend of DBSK will last for a very long time in Korean music. What other Kpop band has made it into the Guniess Book of World Records? Not once at that, but twice. 2008 is a year of DBSK greats. There will never be another group whose voices blend so beautifully together. There will never be another group with a group dynamic like Dong Bang Shin Ki. The legend of Dong Bang Shin Ki may even transcend time itself.

 

4. “The Girl is Mine” by Michael Jackson

Yunho wonders if Jaejoong is his anymore. When was the last time they met? Well, they were in the same building last month, but they didn’t see each other. There was no way Jaejoong would through away three plus years of history together. Stupid SM separating them.

 

5. “New Design” by Thousand Foot Krutch

Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu had to redefine themselves as artists after suing SM. The stages they performed on before were large and spectacular. Now, now, there were many smaller stages.

The company, C-Jes, has them redefining the artist/company relationship. C-Jes works for JYJ, not the other way around. (You turn a lot of heads in the Korean music industry doing things that way.) When they were under SM, JYJ worked for SM, and they had to submit to SM’s rules and regulations. C-Jes fights for their rights.

Jaejoong reads online that fans are saying that what he and his two brothers are doing will bring a new design to the Korean music industry, which makes him feel proud because the fans are proud of their hard work.

 

6. “She Wants to Be Me” by Busted

Changmin realized four months in to dating his girlfriend something was starting to get weird. At first he didn’t think much of it because things like “Hm. Don’t I have a shirt like that?” and “Is she wearing the same cologne as me?” are easy to brush off. It was when Minyoung got a new, much shorter, and much more manly haircut, he knew something wasn’t right.

“Guys,” he said to his friends one day. “I think Minyoung wants to be just like me.”

“When you’re as close as you two are, you’re bound to pick up some of each other’s habits,” said Jaejoong.

“No, no, no. It’s not like that. She’s dressing like me, eating like me, acting like me. I even think she bought the same car as me.”

 

7. “Sparks Fly” by Taylor Swift

They were separated, and it hurt, but he was glad that some things would never change. They were both still making music and performing, and that made him happy. It wasn’t always like that, but he overcame it, and the other would continue fighting and conquer the obstacles to keep doing what he loved. He saw the smiles, saw the laughter. He never wanted that to stop.

 

8. “No More Words” by Ayumi Hamasaki

What words do SM have that will hold up in court and win them the lawsuit filed by JYJ? Not any if you were to ask the fans. There’s no way for them to explain the ill treatment and low pay JYJ received. So on the day that JYJ wins the lawsuit, there will be parades in the streets and loud cries of “Down with SM!” will be heard.

 

9. “UNNAMED SONG PART 1” by JYJ

What were the fans suppose to think the first time they heard “UNNAMED SONG PART 1”?  It was shocking to hear what SM did or to be more accurate, didn’t do. In the end, it made Cassiopeia want to fight harder for JYJ. They really do deserve all the best in the world.

To have people considered a family, a thing which Yoochun holds so dear, not help him when he needed it, must have caused Yoochun a deep wound. Sure there were rumors of what was happening to H.O.T. while they were active, but to hear some of those things in a song… Hearing things like that must have caused SM to receive more hate and SM to be furious. However, Yoochun knew these things needed to be said. His truth, his words, his raw emotion had to put into the form he believes in and loves most.

 

10. “Drinkin’ Bone” by Tracy Byrd

DBSK has been asked in multiple interviews which member holds their liquor the best. The answer has always been undoubtly Jaejoong. Then the question becomes what kind of drunk they are. Well, Jaejoong becomes all smiley, smiley at Yunho. The last time Jaejoong was drunk on camera, he kept saying that he needs a girlfriend. “The drinkin’ bone’s connected to the party bone, the party bone’s connected to the stayin’ out all night long.”