Set 1

DBSK/JYJ Drabble Series

1. “Better Days” by BENNIE K ft. Def Tech

Did Jaejoong have better days in DBSK? It was hard to say. Now he was free to make music the way he wanted and do activities he wanted to do. Intermodulation was proof of that. But…the times the five of them spent together were wonderful memories he never wanted to forget. Jaejoong was freer to live his life the way he desired now, however the years he spent with Yunho, Changmin, Yoochun and Junsu helped shape him into the man he was now. Jaejoong supposed in some way that he did have better days in DBSK.

2. “Livin’ La Vida Loco” by Ricky Martin

Jaejoong always did the weirdest things Yunho thought. Who else would force you outside in the middle of the night during a rainstorm to dance around ? There were times when Yunho thought Jaejoong was crazy too. Who took pictures of people while they going to the bathroom?

“Hey! I just want special memories that no one else has of my most precious members!”

“Sure you do Jae. What you really want are things you can blackmail us with later.”

“No, special memories that one else has of my most precious members.”

“Whatever you say Jaejoong.”

3. “Two People Fell in Love” by Brad Paisley

Yoochun was thankful that Junsu’s parents fell in love. If it wasn’t for them, he would have never met the love of his life, and Yoochun knows how boring his life would be without his cheerful duckbutt. Whom else would Jaejoong and he make fun of during interviews? Junsu was a ray of sunshine, his ray of sunshine. God was Yoochun ever thankful that Junsu’s parents fell in love.

4. “It’s a Small World (After All)” by Disneyland Chorus

Yoochun never thought that simply learning the piano to cheer up his mom while in America would lead to him becoming a Korean pop star known worldwide. He never thought he would meet an American boy band, the Backstreet Boys, he knew of from his time in America while working in Japan and ever be compared with them. It truly was a small world. And he especially never thought he would fall in love with one of his bandmates. If it took Yoochun moving back halfway around the world to find his other half, then so be it.

5. “2b A Master” by Various Artists

“What are you doing?” asked Changmin.

Replied Jaejoong, “Learning Japanese, duh.”

“What stupid anime are you watching now? One of those girly ones again?”

“No, Pokémon. See this is just the first series. There is only 150 pokémon. There’s like a bigilion of them now.”

“I’m so going to call you a girly kid from now on,” laughed Changmin.

6. “Smile” by Uncle Cracker

If Yoochun could stare at Junsu’s smile 24/7, he would. It was a lighthouse guiding him safely to shore when things got too difficult for him. Little did Yoochun know, it was Yoochun that made Junsu smile. Sure he relied a lot on his brother, but Yoochun… The man was Junsu’s other half. Yoochun would always laugh at Junsu’s jokes no matter how lame they were and each time a smile would light of Junsu’s face.

7. “What Did You Do Love?” by Bae Seul Ki

‘What did you do, Love, to make me fall in love with you?’ thought Yunho while watching Jaejoong sleep that night after filming X-Man. Of course Yunho was furious at the other man for the stunts he pulled; did he really have to sing “Hug” in Chinese and bring up the Dangerous Love scandal? Or wait, was he the one who brought up the scandal? Yunho might have been dense in the past, but he definitely understood what Jaejoong was saying to him throughout the day.

8. “Say It Again” by Marié Digby

The way Yunho’s name and “I love you” slipped through Jaejoong’s lips was heaven to Yunho’s ears. It wasn’t always that way; it happened slowly. At first Yunho was infuriated by the older man’s weird personality and pretty face. Now all he wanted to do was hear Jaejoong say his name and I love you again.

9. “In the Club” by 2NE1

Jaejoong had been a celebrity for seven years, so why would fans think he would run a tab at a club? They would mob him as soon as they saw him. It was one of the more ridiculous rumors he had heard about himself in the past couple of years. He did miss going to the clubs and loosing himself to the flow of the music while dancing. How many times did leader-ssi yell at him about clubbing in the early years of their career? A hundred? A thousand times? Jaejoong lost count.

10. “Put You Down in My Will” by Apologetix

In the early months of the lawsuit, Yoochun thought about quitting the music business. He hated making Cassiopeia fight and take sides; he hated being called a traitor. Did Cassiopeia forget how deep his passions ran? He would never abandon Yunho and Changmin, never.

It seemed like the hate mail would never end. Those were enough reasons to keep locked up in his home contemplating who he would put down in his will. Junsu and Jaejoong keep trying to coax him out of hiding though, and one day he found a fan video in his email inbox that showed him that there were plenty of fans that still supported him. It made Yoochun realize that while fans could be vicious, there were also fans that could be kind and caring.