It Will Be Okay

Farewell...

Your POV

Its been 6 months since Junsu and i've gotten back together. He told me to move back to his apartment but i didn't want to. I want to be with him 24/7 but i need to give the guy his space. I don't want him to think that i'm holding him down. I sure don't want to turn out like one of those obbsessive girlfriends. Furthermore, he's on tour now in Japan and i'll be alone in his house, so i might as well live in my own apartment. He's going to be in Japan for two more days. I already miss him dearly. I want to call him but i don't want to bother him.

Life has been pretty good these past six months. I've been cancer free all this while. I haven't had a single migraine or dizzy spells. I feel healthy. I feel good. Heaven has been kind to me.

I'm still working at the kindergarten centre. Junsu wants me to quit working there. He says that he'll support me, but i don't want to live off his money. He works so hard, what right do i have to spend his money? He tells me to work for him instead. He'll pay me if i cook and clean at his house. Silly boy. He's basically telling me to be his maid. But i don't want be his maid, i want to be his......ahem..

Anyway, Junsu is going to bring me on a holiday next week. He has a week off from work and wants to spend it with me. Aww, isn't he the sweetest person ever?

Oh right, i have an appointment at the hospital a day before we go for the trip. I have to go for monthly checkups now. And it all Changmin's idea, but who could blame him right? He's the cancer expert. I'm expecting more good news. I'm sure they'll be telling me i'm healthier than ever. They're going to be congratulate me for being a cancer survivor, i'm sure of that.



-NEXT WEEK-


Today's the day that i'm going to the hospital. They're going to do the usual blood tests and whatnot. I didn't tell Junsu about my appointment because i didn't want to worry him. Besides, i'm going to be fine, so he doesn't have to worry.

*

"Miss               ?"

I heard the nurse call my name and i went into the doctor's room.

"Annyeonghaseyo Doctor."

"Ah, Miss              , you're here. Sit down and i'll begin the tests. We'll do an MRI today. It's been around six months since you've been cancer free right? All these while we've been doing blood tests to check on your condition, but today we'll do a brain scan just to make sure you're really fine okay?

"O..Okay." 'Brain scan? That sounds serious.'

I did everything that the doctor told me to do. The MRI was done in minutes, all i had to do was to lie still while the doctor took images of my brain. I knew i was going to be fine, but somehow i was still worried. The doctor told me to wait back in the room while he went to collect the images.

I played with my fingers as i waited for the doctor to return. The door suddenly swung open and the doctor came in.

"Doctor, i'm fine aren't i? You're going to tell me i'm healthy right?"

The doctor hesistated before speaking up, "We've found a growth in you brain."

My heart stopped beating for a second. What did he just say?

"Growth? You mean like a t...tumour? Are you telling me that...that the cancer has returned?"

"The growth is still small and we can't say for sure that the growth is cancerous. Growths are common and with regular medicine intake, it can disappear in weeks. We will do more tests to check if the growth is cancerous. But, please, don't worry too much over this issue. Don't let this effect you."

'I couldn't believe what i just heard. I just reconciled with Junsu six months ago, why is Heaven doing this to me? What did i do wrong to deserve this? No,            , calm down, the doctor didn't say it was cancerous. He just said it was a growth, it'll disappear with medicine right? I'll be fine, i'll be okay.

I left the hospital and made my way back to my house to start packing for tomorrow's trip. I won't let anything stop me from enjoying myself tomorrow.


*

From: Junsu
Hey, how was your day? I'm super exhausted. I can't wait for tomorrow though^^ I'll pick you up at eight in the morning. Can you guess where i'll be taking you? Hmm.... There's a hot spring there and also a big mountain. Can you guess it already?? Haha :D, i hope you're psyched about tomorrow. Rest well baby, it'll be a tiring day tomorrow. You'll need all the energy you can find to climb that big mountain. We'll have breakfast at the rest stop along the way. Bbyong!~~


                            

I instantly felt better after reading Junsu's message. We're going hiking tomorrow. Oh dear, i have to pack a lot of stuff. Plus, i need to bring my medicine and muscle cream, just in case i suffer from an unfortunate case of muscle ache. I'm exaggerating, i know.

"Hiking clothes checked! Hiking shoes checked! Hiking gear checked! Water bottle checked! Medicine checked!" i said to myself while crossing out my checklist.

I went to bed after packing. I'll be going hiking the next morning. I definitely wouldn't be able to hike while feeling sleepy.


*

"Rrrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg!~~~~"

I ignored my ringing phone for the second time. Which ignorant person is calling me this early?!

"Rrrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggg--"

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yah! Are you still sleeping? Its already eight o'clock. I told you i'd pick you up right? You overslept didn't you?"

"Junsu?? Oh Junsu! No, i'm still getting ready. I woke up early today. I'll be on my way down," i lied.

I hung up and immediately went into my bathroom and took a quick shower. I didn't even have time to dry my damp hair. I grabbed my bags and dashed out.

Junsu was leaning on his car when i came up to him.

"Good morning Junsu ah," i said cheerfully, trying to distract him from scolding me for being late, but it didn't work out. Instead he gently knocked me in the head.

"You woke up late didn't you? Didn't i tell you to sleep early?"

"I didn't wake up late. I...I...I was packing."

"Really? Then why is your hair wet?"

I touched my hair and it was soaking wet. I looked away from Junsu and pouted.

"Mianhe, i was too nervous to sleep last night. I woke up when you called me the third time round."

"You can never lie to me. I know you inside out. Come on now, get into the car. We'll make a stop at the rest for breakfast." He took my bags and placed them at the back of the car and we soon drove off.

"You can get sick you know if you don't dry your hair," Junsu said with his eyes still fixed on the road. He lowered the windows and the breeze sneeked in, drying my hair. I played with my hair all the way during the journey to the rest stop.

We ate breakfast at the rest stop before continuing on our journey. We didn't need the radio to provide music for us, i had Junsu. Well, i had to beg him to sing for me. His sweet yet powerful voice was perfect.

~And I am going to the right way for you
jeogi jeo haneul kkeutkkaji dallil geoya
sojunghan gieogeul irheodo
deo saeroun miraereul eodeosseunikka
supyeongseon kkeutjarage gadeuk damgin
neohuideure sarange bodaphal su itdorok
naega neol jikyeonael geoya
geurae mueotgwado bakkul su eomneun
neowa na geurigo modu urin hanainikka~


*

"Woah.... 21km? We'll be hiking that distance?" i asked Junsu while reading the directory.

"Yeap, and hiking's the only way up. No cars allowed. The resort is at the top of the mountain."

"Okay, cool! Lets go~~"

*

"Baby....baby....wait up. Why...why are you so...so fast?" Junsu said as he panted, taking in gulps of air.

"You didn't think that i was going to be slow right? I used to be on my school's track&field team. I'm used to running long distances, this is nothing."

"Wait up. Can't you hike with me?"

"No. Last one up is a smelly egg~~," i said to him before sticking me tongue out, "Merong."


*

"No fair, you didn't tell me that you were in a sports team back in school." Junsu hadn't stop complaining since the time we stepped foot in our room at the resort. Junsu booked the biggest room there was. It was so spacious, i bet 10 people could stay there.

"I'm tired, i want to sleep," Junsu was about to lie on the bed when i stopped him.

"Go and take a bathe first. You are not going to sleep on the bed when you're drenched in sweat Kim Junsu-ssi."

"Can't you take a bathe first? I promise i won't sleep. I'll sit like a good boy and wait till you come out." He gave me those puppy eyes which i couldn't possibly ignore.

"Alright, alright. Stay here okay."


Junsu's POV

"Can't you take a bathe first? I promise i won't sleep. I'll sit like a good boy and wait till you come out." I showed her my puppy eyes which i know she couldn't possibly ignore.

"Alright, alright. Stay here okay."

I nodded and scooted over to the chair to rest. 'Today was such a tiring day. I had no idea she was that good at hiking. I made myself look like a loser in front of her, good job Junsu.'

My eyes were closed and i was humming a tune when i heard her cellphone ring. I took her cell phone and looked at the screen.

-Seoul Hospital calling-

'Seoul Hospital? Why would they be calling            ?'

I turned my head towards the bathroom, 'looks like she's going to be in there a while more.'

I decided to pick up her call, "Yoboseyo?"

"Ah, is this Miss             's phone?"

"Yes, it is, but she's currently busy, is there any message that you'll like me to pass to her?"

"Maybe i know who this is? It is about her health."

"I'm her boyfriend. You can just tell me."

"Okay then, please inform her that she can come back to our hospital next week because the results for her test on the growth in her brain are out. The doctor intends to speak to her face to face. That is all, please do remember to inform her. Thank you."

'She went to the hospital without telling me? What else has she kept from me? And what is all this about a growth in her brain.'

My thoughts were distracted when she emerged from the bathroom. "You can use the bathroom now Junsu."

"Junsu? Junsu ah? Are you okay?"

"Your phone rang and i answered it, i hope you don't mind"

"Oh, its okay, i don't mind at all. Who called?" she said while smiling.

"The hospital. The hospital called." Her smile slowly faded.

"They said that your health report is out. They said that the test results on the growth in your brain are out. Mind telling me what all this is about? When did you even go the doctors? Why didn't you even tell me?'

"I...I...i went for my doctor's appointment yesterday at the hospital. They did an MRI on me and they found out that there's a growth in my brain. But they couldn't detect whether it was cancerous or not. They needed to do more tests. But...but.. they said that if i take my medicine regularly, the growth will disappear in weeks."

"But, what if the growth is cancerous? What happens then?"

Her eyes were red and puffy. The tears that welled up dropped one at a time, but she wiped them away quickly.

"Then...then...everything goes back to square one. I'll have to undergo surgery again. I'll have to undergo chemotherapy again. I'll have suffer again."

There was no stopping the tears that came. She broke down completely. She tried to cover the sound of her crying by covering but it made no use.

"I'm scared Junsu ah. I'm scared. I don't want to have to go through that kind of pain again. Its too painful."

I went up to her and hugged her tightly. She was shivering badly. My shirt was drenched in her tears. "It's okay. Everything will be okay, i promise you. Didn't the doctor say it isn't confirmed that the growth is cancerous? It might be just a harmless growth that will go away with medicine. Don't worry too much baby."

I pulled away from our hug and wiped away her tears with my fingers. "Promise me something. Promise me that no matter how bad the results are, you'll let me stay with you. Let me be there for you, okay? Hmm?"

She didn't say anything but just nodded.

"You must be tired after all that hiking. Lets go to sleep okay?" I brought her to the bed and tucked her in. "I'll go take a quick shower first okay? You go to sleep first." I gave her a peck on the forehead before heading to the bathroom.

The feeling of cold water hitting my bare skin was refreshing. I brought her here so that we can relax and take a break from the bustling city life. But i bet she's no longer in the mood for fun. She must be worried about the results. Heck, i'm worried as well. I dried myself and headed back to the bed. I was surprised to see her still awake, sitting on the bed.

"Baby, why aren't you asleep? Aren't you tired?

"I was waiting for you to come and sleep with me."

"Okay, come on, lets sleep." I tossed my towel aside and climbed into bed with her. I hugged her from behind and i snuggled my face in her neck, inhaling her scent while she played with my fingers.

"Junsu ah, what if....what if, the tumour is cancerous. What do we do then?"

"We'll work things out. We'll pull through, trust me. Now sleep, i have a surprise for you in the morning."


*


"Baby? Baby, come one wake up! I have a surprise for you."

"What time is it?" she said groggily.

"Its 6.45 in the morning. Come on, wake up. If we don't hurry we won't see it."

"See what? Where are we going?"

"We're not going anywhere. The surprise in at our room balcony. Come on!~"

"Okay, okay. I'm up. Where is it?" I went behind her and cover her eyes with my hands. She tried to remove my hands but i stopped her.

"Trust me okay? I'll led you to the balcony."

"Are we there yet? Can i open my eyes now?"

"No! Not yet. One more minute."


Your POV

I was waken up by Junsu at 6:45 in the morning. This better be good.

"Are we there yet? Can i open my eyes now?" i asked irritatedly

"No! Not yet. One more minute."

I waited patiently as he slowly removed his hands from my eyes.

"Okay, open your eyes now."

It took some time for my eyes to get used to the bright light. The blurry vision disappeared and i was treated to a magnificent sight.

"Junsu ah --" i didn't know what else to say. It was so beautiful. He had woken me up to watch the sun rise. There were no words to describe how beautiful it was.

"I know, its beautiful isn't it? I purposely booked this room so that we can watch the sunrise together."

I felt him hug me from behind and i leaned against his broad chest. Somehow this moment made me felt like there wasn't anything to be afraid of, because i knew Junsu was going to be there for me no matter what.



-END OF CHAPTER-


Hello everyone!~~~ I wanted to update yesterday but there was a was a problem with my internet connection :<

Double update today :D So how was it? Boring right? I know, i have no idea what to write anymore......

I wrote this while listening to DBSK - Like Now, 지금처럼, well i think its spelled like that. Jaejoong's voice killed me. Bbyong!~~