Seventh Date

Of Emotional Cons

A/N: Thank you once again for reading and subscribing. This was inspired by a scene in the drama where Jungdo asks Sunghee when she started drinking so well which implied she wasn’t much of a drinker.


|Seventh Date|

Time wasn’t on his side, either the con worked out the first time and he would have to go on the run, or he got caught and would have to fall back on the contingency of a long con. Whichever came to be, he’d either have to walk away or she'd be the one to walk away from him.

 

Seeing her approaching with one of her college friend pulled him out of his thoughts and made an instant smile pull at his lips. He saw nothing else when he was with her, thought of nothing else and her friend seemed to see it too, excusing herself from the scene leaving them alone.

 

“I thought we were meeting later,” Sunghee asked with that gentle smile of hers that made him forget everything else outside the two of them.

 

“Yah, are you complaining,” he teased, slipping his hand in hers, fingers entwined as had become a norm with them. “Your boyfriend came early and you can’t even be happy?”

 

Usually she’d roll her eyes, and return fire, but she was looking at him in a way that had begun making him nervous. She was more perceptive than he'd fooled himself to believe. Perhaps not aware of what he was hiding from her, but aware that he was hiding something. Her hand was holding onto his tighter, as if telling him he could trust her and she was there and would listen. But could she really handle the dark secret he was holding. Would she love him the same if she were to discover he was a con, a criminal, no matter his reasons. “Are you that tired? You haven’t said anything?” he asked to break her concentration on him.

 

“Maybe I don’t trust you,” it was a quip, but it was only his seasoned ways a professional liar and actor that stopped him from flinching at the accusation only he could hear in her words. “Last time you surprised me, alcohol was involved.”

 

Despite his initial apprehension, he chuckled at the memory, only to be rewarded with a smack on the arm, which only managed to make him laugh even harder.

 

“I had to call in sick. It’s not funny you punk,” he could have taken her outrage more seriously, if he knew she wasn’t half serious herself.

 

“And I stayed with you all night, and nursed you back to health,” he reminded her, and she then seemed to find her shoes all too interesting. Was that a blush on her cheeks?

 

“Yah, I had to lie to my mom,” she countered weakly. Given her condition, and her mother having never seen her drunk he’d made the decision to take her to his place until she’d sobered, which in essence took all night.

 

“My back is warm, you said.” He continued goading her, remembering her drunken mumble. “Told me to never leave your side –”

 

“–liar!”

 

“–Aren’t you the one lying?” once he’d caught his stride it was hard to let up. “You kissed me too,” the words whispered into her ear, for only her to hear.

 

“Ah, whatever!” she relented knowing it was all true. “But, if I see alcohol, I’m going home,” was her warning, even though he noticed she hadn’t tried to slip her hand out of his.

 

“No alcohol, I promise.” No as much as she was an amusingly honest and cute drunk, he wanted her sober. “I just wanted to spend a longer time with you,” caressing her knuckles in silent assurance.

 

If all he would have left were memories when this was over, he wanted to make as many as possible. He wanted to make her even happier with whatever time they had left.


Comments would be lovely and greatly wanted, helps me know what you think. Constructive Criticisms is welcomed, because it helps me improve. Flames “to each, his own”.

The plotline and story is mine. Please do not repost, copy, translate anywhere and plagiarism is a bad thing.