7th chapter

Practically You

I guess having longer legs is an advantage. Like now, I can ran faster than any other dimwits who are also hurrying to get to class before the bell rings. But, I can't escape the sweat and the panting brought about by this sudden workout. Good thing the door to my next class was just a few feet away or else I might have covered myself with sweat and that is not a good thing. 

I didn't immediately went inside, with my current state I need to catch my breath first and maybe steady myself for a bit. But, it didn't take that long, I grabbed the doorknob ready to get inside just as somebody was also grabbing it. I released my grip and let the other person go first. I didn't saw his face only the back of his head. I was about to follow him but then he slam the door shut on my face not even bothering to open it out for me. 

I stood there dumbfounded. Jerk ! If he was a gentleman he would have waited to let an innocent-panting girl to go inside without slamming the door right in my face.

The bell rang, indicating I should snap out of it and go inside. I opened the door and immediately went to Yong Hwa. He turned away from the boy he was talking to and faced me.

'Hey where have you been?'

'Out', I replied annoyingly.

'Uhhh! I know that', he said scratching the side of his head.

I sighed, 'Sorry, went to get some informations, kiddo was barking orders to get this and that'

He laughed, relieved that I wasn't angry at him. 'She loves you, that Taeyeon, she always gives you all the work'

I looked at hima and rolled my eyes. Then I suddenly remembered.

'Hey who was the person who went before me?'

Yong Hwa looked at me confused. 'Why?'

'Nothing, just asking'

'I didn't really see who it was. A boy though I think it was~'

I didn't heard the name well because the teacher barged in the room clumsily. He was saying sorry with every step, when actually he didn't have anything to worry about. Being late is not a crime. The name I heard goes with Siwon, but maybe I was hallucinating, with all these recent encounters with him.

Yeah, that's it probably Soohyun or whatever.

I didn't bother looking around, instead I focused myself for the class.

**********

The teacher, I still don't know his name and wouldn't bother trying to remember it, was already to start the class. His gazed travelled around the room before muttering.

'Ah! Yes, before anything else, of course'

We all looked at him confused. Or maybe just me because the some of the girls at my back where snickering excitedly.

'Well, he wasn't around for the past two days but he's still a student here', he continued jokingly.

No one laughed at his joke so he fiddled with his hand and continued, turning serious.

'Ah! Yes, well uhmm. Choi Siwon', he said.

My eyes grew wide, I didn't bother looking at the back for I know he was there. The other girls were still making all those annoying sounds only now it was louder.

'He's in our class. Oh my Gosh', one girl said.

'I know. Oh I can't wait to tell them', another girl's voice said.

I didn't know what the other's were saying anymore because I was lost in thoughts. 

Uggghh! Why here. I was totally fine with his hell of an attitude as long as I don't get to see him for almost everyday.

I groaned and buried my face in my hands. Although, I told myself I won't look my stupid curiousity got the best of me again so I turned my head slightly, he was standing in order to let himself be recognized and he was smiling. Well, he was smiling innocently. He was moving his head to look at all of us. When he was about to look my way, I swiveled my head not wanting to meet his gaze. 

The teacher, clapped his hand indicating introduction's over.

'Settle down people, so that's a new addition to your class. Now, we'll begin'

As he continued blabbering about the lesson, I tried to focus myself to it. I didn't want to think about the possibilty that the worst male existence in the whole world is just a few seats from me. No, I didn't want to think about that. So I stared at the board and the teacher, though I really have to know his name already, and waited as the time goes by.

**********

Ah. Sweet, just what I've been waiting for.

'You know, that bell ringing this time is music to my ears', I said to Yong Hwa as we were gathering our things and making our way out.

'I know', he said while laughing.

'And I know we share the same opinion, am I right Jung Yong Hwa', 

He looked at me, his face innocent. 

'Huh?'

'Oh, cut it out. I know where you position yourself every lunch and boy you're angle is quite perfect'

He blushed and smiled guiltily.

I laughed at him. 'That expression is priceless', I said describing how I caught him off guard.

He scratched his head, a gesture he does when he is at loss with words.

I patted his shoulder and gave him a thumbs up.

'Goodluck'

He swatted it, and laughed with me as we made our way to the cafeteria.

**********

Arriving at the cafeteria, Yong Hwa immediately was out of my sight. I ignored that coward and made my way to where my gals where waiting for me.

When I grabbed my seat, they all looked up and smiled.

'Always the early bird', Hyoyeon said.

'Shut up old hag'

I looked back to where Yong Hwa was seated. When he caught me staring at him he smiled that guilty smile of his. I smiled back at him and moved myself to the side so I won't be obstructing his view. He gave me a nod and I replied by giving him my thumbs up.

When I turned my head back to the table, Hyoyeon was looking at me with her eyebrows raised.

'What?', I said feigning innocence.

'Just eat already'

I was happily munching my food when Tiffany spoke up from beside me.

'He didn't change at all. I mean his appearance but that's just about it', she said while playing with the food on her plate.

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes and mimicked Tiffany. Seohyun giggled and slapped her hand. 

'Unnie that's rude'

The older girl just smiled and continued what she was doing. Tiffany shot her a look but she didn't stop.

I didn't know who Tiffany was talking about so I asked her. She also shot me a glance. 

'Oh, so now I'm involve'

Hyoyeon and Seohyun burst out laughing. 'All for one and one for all right?', Hyoyeon said. 

I rolled my eyes at her. 'Shut up'

'Neh, 3 o'clock',Tiffany said still playing with her food.

I turned around having that feeling that I know what or rather who I would find. And, yes it was him sitting lazily with his mates.

'Siwon? What's with him', I said turning back abruptly.

'He didn't change at all', Tiffany said.

I sighed. 'Go spill'

Tiffany looked at me and she immediately perked up, but before telling me she first looked at the girl who was dying of laughter and stuck her tongue out at her. This gesture made Hyoyeon laugh even more. 

'Good thing you're there Sooyoung or no one will listen to her, Hyeon said through fits of laughter.

I ignored her and gestured for Tiffany to begin.

'Well, I heard girls saying how he hadn't change at all. Last time he wasn't at all caring of how he looked but his charm was still noticeable.'

'Okay so?', I said.

'So, he still had quite a few admirers and well~', Tiffany continued but was unable to continue.

'He had a girlfriend, although they broke up', Hyoyeon interrupted.

'Yep', Tiffany agreed.

I looked at them confused. 'Really?'

Both of them groaned. 'Seriously Soo, you are part of the Chronicle but you are so naive when it comes to bits of info about others', Tiffany pointed out.

'Hey I do not write showbiz', I said defending myself.

They seem to ponder this for a sec. Good thing I had my angel to support me.

'Unnie's right you know. I'm quite naive about others too'

'Oh no, not you makdoongie. T'was just Sooyoung, you're an exemption', Hyoyeon said.

'Shut up, stop spoiling her. Just continue okay'

'Okay well, Eunhyuk shared this info to his mate so better let Hyeon share it', Tiffany continued.

'Well, it was during the victory party when we won against SM High, I wasn't there though. Eunhyuk said Siwon was snogging some girl and her girl saw it.'

'Then?', I asked

'Then? Sooyoung do you know what will be a girl's reaction when placed in that situation?'

'Uhhmm. In rage? Oh! Angry, yeah I'll go for angry'

'Yes, angry, Eunhyuk said Siwon just kept on swearing and said she didn't have a reason to be angry at him because he sent her a breakup e-mail, like that made any difference. What kind of an breaks up with someone in an e-mail?'

'Woah! Hold up. He broke up with a girl through email?'

'Yep'. Hyeon said.

'Wow, that ', I said munching my food.

'I know', Tiffany said.

'So that caused the transformation? And where is the girl now?'

'Nope, it happened on the first year, he just changed now', Hyeon said.

'And the girl, well gone. I mean, she moved. Family business', Tiffany said.

'Okay', was all I managed to say.