Seven.

Calm Waters

Chanyeol cracked an eye open, greeted by the early morning sun as he took in his surroundings. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes before glancing at the digital clock on his bedside table which told him that it was a little after five in the morning. He wanted more than anything to just go back to sleep, but he knew that he wouldn’t be able to.

He let out a soft sigh as he glanced over to see both Jongin and Sehun sound asleep in their own beds, trying to ignore the envy of their sleeping as he did.

He was quiet as he got out of bed and made his way over to the bathroom where he brushed his teeth and splashed his face with cool water to wake him up properly.

He didn’t bother to get dressed before he headed out of the room in his black tank top and shorts, making sure to slip on a pair of flip-flops as he did, then he made his way through the empty halls of the eerily silent boat until he was on the top deck.

He took in a breath of the early morning air as he walked towards the back of the boat where he knew there were some deckchairs by the small hot tub, but he came to a stop as he noticed a familiar head of hair poking over the back of one of the chairs.

He found himself smiling softly as he walked over and sat down on the chair beside Baekhyun, who didn’t stir.

The rising sun cast a warm glow over Baekhyun’s sleeping face and Chanyeol found that he couldn’t tear his eyes away. He was utterly mesmerised by how beautiful Baekhyun was.

Baekhyun let out a gentle sigh, stirring in his seat as he did before he blinked his eyes open. He yawned tiredly before his eyes flittered to land on Chanyeol.

“Are you stalking me?” he asked, his voice thick with sleep.

Chanyeol had to bite back the urge to coo at how cute Baekhyun was, instead he let out a soft chuckle, not wanting to disturb the early morning peace, “No. I just couldn’t sleep” he explained, only then noticing that Baekhyun was in his pyjamas also, though he had opted for a t-shirt and baby blue pyjama bottoms. “Why are you out here?” he asked.

“Kyungsoo was having a bad dream. He tends to thrash around a lot when he does that so I couldn’t sleep too. I came out here to watch the sunrise, but I fell asleep again” Baekhyun yawned again.

“Come here” Chanyeol said after a moment, holding his arms open in invitation.

Baekhyun scrambled to his feet for a brief moment before settling himself back down in Chanyeol’s lap where he curled up and snuggled into the taller’s warmth.

Chanyeol smiled lazily as he wrapped himself around Baekhyun and leant back comfortably in the chair.

“You’re really warm” Baekhyun said softly, nuzzling his face against Chanyeol’s neck.

Chanyeol hummed, “Yeah. I’m not really one to catch the cold easily” he smiled, “Is that bad, or…”

“No, I like warm” Baekhyun told him, his lips brushing against the curve of Chanyeol’s neck as he spoke before he pressed a gentle kiss to it.

Chanyeol couldn’t supress the shudder of pleasure that moved through him.

Baekhyun continued to press lazy kisses to Chanyeol’s neck, moving upwards until he came to Chanyeol’s jaw.

It was then that Chanyeol tilted his head down so that he could find Baekhyun’s lips with his own and lull him into a sweet, languid kiss.

He could feel the way the Baekhyun smiled as he kissed him back, which had Chanyeol’s stomach doing summersaults.

“I could get used to this” Chanyeol breathed against Baekhyun’s lips, pressing their foreheads together as he did.

Baekhyun reached up a hand to caress Chanyeol’s cheek sweetly, “Me too” he admitted, “Who would have thought, lazy morning kisses on a ing cruise. I know I wasn’t expecting to get this out of this holiday”

“But it’s a good thing, right?” Chanyeol asked a little shyly, “You like it?”

“Of course,” Baekhyun nodded, his hair tickling Chanyeol’s forehead.

Chanyeol smiled as Baekhyun’s warm hand remained on his cheek, his thumb stoking idly, “Do you… maybe like me too?” he risked asking.

“I’d say so” Baekhyun said, his voice casual and still ebbed with sleep, “Can I assume the feeling’s mutual?” he prompted.

Chanyeol chuckled that low chuckle of his, “Yeah, I’d say so” he teased Baekhyun’s words playfully, “No, but really, I do. And… I’d like to get to know you properly if that’s something you wouldn’t mind?”

“I would really like that actually” Baekhyun smiled warmly, pulling back ever so slightly so that they could look at each other better.

Chanyeol smiled before glancing at the steadily brightening sky, there was an odd glint of mischief in his eyes as he looked back at Baekhyun, “Look at the vanilla sky” he whispered, making Baekhyun groan.

“Tell me you did not just do that” Baekhyun shook his head as he leant away from Chanyeol, though did nothing to pull out of Chanyeol’s arms.

Chanyeol snickered, “Have you ever noticed that Tom cruise has a tooth like right in the middle… You know where your two front teeth should be?”

“He… wait, what?” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol confusedly.

Chanyeol nodded, his face dead serious, “Yeah, like he has a middle tooth. It’s so weird”

“Holy ” Baekhyun’s eyes widened, “He totally does! What the actual , Park Chanyeol?! Now I’m never going to be able to un-see that! You wanker!”

Chanyeol broke into a fit of giggled as Baekhyun had a minor breakdown over Tom Cruise’s teeth. One of his favourite things was to watch the horror on people’s faces after he’d make them realise.

“Hah, I’m sorry, Baekhyunnie” Chanyeol tittered as he attempted to calm himself down, “I just needed for someone to share my pain”

Baekhyun let out somewhat of a strangled cry, “Why would you do this to me?” he whined, “Now I’ll never be able to watch Cocktail in the same way ever again!”

“Tell me about it. Try watching Top Gun when all you can focus on are his teeth… or well, tooth” Chanyeol shuddered before looking at Baekhyun with a soft smile. “You still look really tired” he added softly.

Baekhyun let out a weary laugh, “That’s because I am” he said pointedly.

Chanyeol gently manoeuvred them until they were both on their feet before taking Baekhyun’s hand and tugging him along wordlessly.

“Where are we going?” Baekhyun asked as he shuffled along behind, too tired to even care that he was practically being manhandled by the red-haired giant.

Chanyeol didn’t bother to reply as he continued to pull Baekhyun along, stopping only when they reached room forty-nine, where Chanyeol unlocked the door quietly and pulled them inside, gesturing for Baekhyun to stay quiet as he closed the door behind them.

He noticed that Sehun’s bed was empty and had been made, whilst Jongin slumbered on, his mouth open and drooling on his fluffy white pillow.

Wordlessly, Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun over to his own bed and gestured for him to climb in. the look of sheer relief on Baekhyun’s face made Chanyeol know that he had made the right call.

Baekhyun kicked off his slippers before crawling into the plush bed, scooting over to the far side to allow for Chanyeol to climb in after him.

He wasted no time in rolling over and burying himself in Chanyeol’s warms as the giant covered them in the thick duvet. He brought his head up to rest on Chanyeol’s chest, listening to the steady beat of the slightly younger boy’s heart, letting it lull him into a peaceful sleep.

Chanyeol remained awake as he let Baekhyun rest in his arms. He had one wrapped around Baekhyun’s back whilst his free hand was gently through Baekhyun’s hair.

It was nice, in Chanyeol’s opinion, to just be able to be like this with someone in this way. He felt like it was a way of sharing your trust in someone, or at the very least, sharing a level of comfort.

He wasn’t really where when he fell asleep too, but the next thing he knew, he was opening his eyes to see Jongin walking around in a towel and trying to find some clothes to throw on.

“… ‘time is it?” Chanyeol slurred in a thick voice, going to stretch out his lengthy limbs only to stop at the warm pressure tucked against his side.

“A little after eleven” Jongin told him, “Sorry if I was being loud. I didn’t mean to wake you” he apologised sheepishly, almost like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Chanyeol shook his head dismissively, “Nah, it’s cool. You didn’t wake me” he said, “But why do you look guilty as right now?” he asked, shifting slightly though was careful not to wake Baekhyun.

“No reason” Jongin said far too quickly, “I just f-felt bad in case I’d woke you up”

Chanyeol’s eyes narrowed as he looked back at Jongin, “What. Did you. Do?”

“I, uh, maybe kind of woke up and saw you guys sleeping together and you looked really cute so I just kind of took a photo or twenty so that I could show Kyungsoo and I didn’t know if you would be mad or not so I didn’t want to tell you but I don’t care because I’m not going to delete them” Jongin rambled quickly, so much so that his words ran together almost.

Chanyeol’s brows furrowed, “Is that it?” he asked, “Jesus man, you about gave me a heart attack. Let me see the pics though?”

Jongin nodded quickly, grabbing his phone and shuffling over to Chanyeol’s side so that he could show the elder the pictures he had taken.

He glanced at Chanyeol as he flicked through them, noticing the obvious look of fondness on Chanyeol’s face as he did. It would take an idiot to not be able to see how utterly taken Chanyeol was with Baekhyun.

The photos were nothing special, just a few snaps of them cuddled together, with Baekhyun wrapped up in Chanyeol’s arms as he slept soundly with his cheek on Chanyeol’s shoulder. In turn Chanyeol’s face was nuzzled into Baekhyun hair and he was holding him like he had the world in his arms.

They both looked wonderfully at peace as they slept.

“Send me those?” Chanyeol asked lightly, a small smile on his face as he looked at the pictures of himself and Baekhyun snoozing. They were cute, in his opinion.

Jongin quickly did as requested before he went about getting dressed for the say. His hair was still damp from the shower when he shot Chanyeol a small salute and left the room, the door thumping shut as he did.

Chanyeol winced slightly as the noise made Baekhyun jump in his arms, waking him up rather abruptly.

“Wah-What the was that?” He slurred, blinking in order to grow accustomed to the light that had filled the room whilst he’d slept. He gave up after a moment and opted for groaning and burying his face in Chanyeol’s chest again.

Chanyeol let out a soft laugh as he twisted himself to better wrap Baekhyun up in his arms, “It was Jongin” he said, “He’s probably off to stalk Kyungsoo as per usual”

“Why are you awake” Baekhyun grumbled, though his words were slightly muffled by the fact that his face was squashed into Chanyeol’s toned chest.

“Because it’s like eleven in the morning” Chanyeol laughed again, “We should get up soon, you know”

Baekhyun let out another groan, “Why would we do that?” he shot back, pulling back slightly and peaking up at Chanyeol though his bangs, his eyes barely opening as he looked at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol smiled softly as he brushed back Baekhyun’s hair with his hand before leaning down and pressing a sweet kiss to his forehead, “Because we’re on holiday and we’re supposed to make the most of it rather than staying in bed all day”

“But I don’t want to move” Baekhyun complained lightly, shimming upwards so that he was face-to-face with Chanyeol, “I think I’m gonna need an incentive to even think about getting out of this bed”

Chanyeol raised a brow, “How about a kiss?” he tried.

“I can get that from you any time” Baekhyun smirked, leaning in and kissing Chanyeol quickly to further prove his point, “Try again, Park”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “Uh… How about I’ll grant you one wish?” he offered, “Anything you like, just name it and it’s yours?”

“Do I have to use it now?” Baekhyun asked thoughtfully.

But Chanyeol shook his head, “Nah, you can use it whenever you like” he said, “So do we have a deal?”

“Alright, you drive a hard bargain, but you’ve got yourself a deal” Baekhyun said, sighing slightly before pushing himself up and sitting cross-legged on the bed, shoving the duvet to one side as he did so that he wouldn’t be tempted to bury himself in it again and go back to sleep. “I need to go back to my room and get ready… did you want me to wait for you to get ready so we can go together, or did you want to meet me after?” he asked.

Chanyeol smiled, “I’ll meet you at your room after? That way we can go quicker” he reasoned, “I’ll be about ten minutes, yeah?”

“Alright” Baekhyun nodded, clambering to his feet, “See you soon then” he smiled, he moved to walk out of the room before pausing and turning back to Chanyeol, who raised an eyebrow in questioning.

Baekhyun just shrugged and he leant down and caught Chanyeol’s lips in a warm kiss. He pulled back after a short moment before giving Chanyeol a little wave then making his way out of the room.

He smiled to himself as he made the short trip down the corridor and back into room sixty-five, where he found only Junmyeon who was sat on his bed tying his shoe laces. He looked fairly smart, dressed in a pair of blue skinny jeans and a light blue and white pinstriped shirt. His hair was styled up, making him look more handsome than usual and he donned a pair of black converse, keeping the look on the casual side.

“Hey handsome” Baekhyun smiled as he walked in the room, looking a little dishevelled, having just rolled out of bed. “Everyone off playing already?”

Junmyeon grinned back at him, “Hello yourself, beautiful” he chuckled, “Yeah, they headed out about an hour ago. Jongin came by not long ago though looking for Soo. He looked like a kicked puppy when I told him he’d left first with Min and Dae” he snickered, “Where were you?”

“Oh, I left really early this morning. Kyungsoo was thrashing around and I couldn’t sleep. Then Chanyeol found me at about half five and took me back to his room to sleep” he explained with a small shrug as he moved to sit next to Junmyeon, resting his head on the elder’s shoulder and smiling as Junmyeon wrapped an arm around his waist.

“You should have just got in with me, silly” he rolled his eyes. “But at least Chanyeol was nice enough to let you sleep in his room. You seem to be really taken with him…”

Baekhyun smiled softly at the thought of the giant, “Yeah” he nodded, “He’s a sweet guy. I’m hoping that our friendship will extend when we get home too”

“I’m sure he’d love that. The guy’s really into you” Junmyeon chuckled.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “What about you and Yixing, huh?” he shot back, “Isn’t that why you’re looking so dashing today? What’s the deal with you guys, eh? Don’t think I haven’t noticed all these late nights you’ve been having, mister”

“Ay, it’s not what you’re thinking” Junmyeon snorted, shoving Baekhyun off of him playfully, “We’re friends. We’re getting on really well is all, and I think he’s wonderful”

“Ohh, you’ve got a crush!” Baekhyun teased, only to be shoved again by a flushing Junmyeon.

“Yah! Go shower, you bastard” Junmyeon huffed childishly, making Baekhyun laugh as he stood up from the bed and grabbed a towel, “You’re horrible to me, you know that?”

Baekhyun grinned as he back-stepped towards the bathroom, “Yeah, but only because I know you secretly love it, Myeonnie-hyung” he bat his eyelashes at the elder, “I love you”

“Yeah, yeah, love you too” Junmyeon snickered as he got to his feet, “Okay, I’m leaving first. I’ll see you at dinner tonight if I don’t see you before that, yeah?”

“Of course!” Baekhyun grinned before heading into the bathroom with a smile on his face. This was a damn good holiday choice in his opinion. He’d have to buy Junmyeon a thank you gift for choosing it when they got home. Maybe a nice bouquet of flowers or something.

With that he threw off his clothes and set about jumping in the shower, it wouldn’t be long until Chanyeol showed up so they could go and enjoy the day, so he figured that he’d better hurry up, lest he end up being a mess when the giant arrived.

Admittedly, there was a small part of him that said that wouldn’t be such a bad thing, but there was a time and a place and after a week of knowing someone and on a cruise with your pals just wasn’t it.

As much as he really wished it was.

--

“I had fun last night” Luhan said as he and Sehun walked side by side back to his room. The two of them had met up early to grab breakfast together before heading to the games room to play a little darts – where Sehun demonstrated his ability to have no hand-eye coordination whatsoever – and a few other games before they got bored and decided to head back to Luhan’s room so that they could chill out for an hour before heading down to lunch.

Sehun smiled at him in return, “Me too” he said, “I like spending time with you”

“Don’t say that” Luhan said dejectedly, “I’ll only get my hopes up”

Sehun glanced at Luhan out of the corner of his eye, he didn’t like the kicked puppy look that the elder was wearing, “Luhan… You, um, you’re great, but me and you… This wouldn’t…” he sighed in frustration before gathering himself again, “What I’m trying to say is that it wouldn’t be fair of me to want anything more than friendship from you when I still haven’t come to terms with things yet. I don’t want you to… to want things from me that I can’t give you. And we – we barely know each other, Lu. Maybe I’m not the person that you think I am…”

“Why is this so hard for you?” Luhan asked, there was no judgement in his voice, only sheet curiosity, but it did nothing to ease the disappointment painted over his face.

Sehun sighed softly, “Because,” he said, “I’m still scared of people overlooking me in favour of my uality. I don’t want people to think they know me better than I do and admitting this just proves them right. And I know that I’ll never hear the end of it”

Luhan nodded thoughtfully as they turned to walk down the corridor leading to his room, “So don’t put a label on it” he advised offhandedly.

Sehun shot him a confused look, “What?” he asked.

“Don’t be straight or bi or whatever” he shrugged, “Just be Sehun”

Sehun sighed for the nth time as he looked at Luhan, their walking had slowed somewhat as they moved further towards Luhan’s room, “I don’t even know who Sehun is” he said tiredly.

“Sure you do,” Luhan smiled, “He’s you. Nobody has themselves figured out, you know. And if they do then they’re a lucky son of a . How you’re feeling is totally normal, man. Something for you to mull over” he gave Sehun a small nudge with his elbow as a means of comfort.

Sehun, amazingly, found himself feeling a little better at Luhan’s words. He would definitely ‘mull them over’ as Luhan had put it, and he was most certainly comforted by the fact that he wasn’t alone in this. A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth as they made it to Luhan’s room and pushed their way in, thankful to find that it was empty.

“Yah, stop with the dopey smile already” Luhan snorted as he shoved playfully passed Sehun to sit on his bed.

Sehun rolled his eyes but made a point of grinning wide as he took a seat on Kris and Tao’s bed to face Luhan, their knees knocking together slightly as he did, “Make me” he teased.

“Oh there are so many ways I could, brat” Luhan shot back with a dangerous smirk.

Sehun’s face paled slightly at the double meaning behind Luhan’s words, his tongue darted out over his lips to moisten them, “Luhan…” he said lowly, a tinge of warning in his voice.

“S’the matter, Oh? Scared?” Luhan challenged lightly.

Sehun scoffed, “Not of you. You’re not scary in the sli-aah!” he was cut off as Luhan stood up and dived at him, knocking them both over on Kris and Tao’s bed, where they wrestled unrelentingly, all the while giggling like school girls.

In the end, despite his best efforts, Sehun was pinned down to the bed by Luhan who was actually surprisingly strong despite his delicate looks.

They were breathing fairly heavily after their little spar, but they were grinning at each other in amused glee.

“You shouldn’t underestimate me, you cocky bastard” Luhan laughed, letting go of Sehun’s wrists and sitting up, though he remained straddling Sehun’s stomach.

Sehun chuckled easily, having finally gotten his breath back, “How d’you know I didn’t just let you win because I felt bad for you?” he teased.

Luhan gave him a complete look of disbelief, “Right, sure” he rolled his eyes. “Let’s just pretend I believe that. You’re kind of stuck right now”

Sehun grinned up at the Chinese boy, “I dunno, I’m kind of enjoying it down here” he shot back cheekily, his hands coming down to hold onto Luhan’s hips loosely.

In turn, Luhan’s hands came to rest on Sehun’s chest, keeping him steady as he leant forward slightly, almost as though testing the waters of intimacy between them to see how long it would be before Sehun felt like he was drowning. “Is that so?” he asked, a slightly purr to his voice. He knew that he was probably pushing it, but he couldn’t help himself. He wanted to see how Sehun would react, but he also just wanted to be close to the lanky boy.

As much as it pained him to admit it, he liked Sehun a lot. Sehun had been one of those people that had just stayed on his mind. Sure, he might not have recognised him at first, but they were both pretty drunk when they had met, but it was the small things that had stayed with him.

The feeling of Sehun’s hands sliding over his body. The warm press of his lips on Luhan’s own. the way that he had breathed out his name, and the way that he had fallen asleep with his legs tangled with Luhan’s beneath the covers as though they were made to fit there. Or the way that he had cared enough to leave painkillers out for Luhan and even a note before he’d left in the morning.

He could have just ditched, hell it wouldn’t have been the first time that something like that had happened to Luhan. And it wouldn’t have been the worst either. Sehun had been well within his right to just up and leave with no evidence of having been there at all, especially considering his struggle with his uality, but he had still made an effort. He had still been a decent person in spite of it all.

In the past, Luhan would have cringed at the idea of crushing on a one night stand, but Sehun wasn’t just a one night stand. He was so, so much more. And the more that Luhan got to know him, the more he realised that he honestly did like Sehun. He liked him as a person, as a friend, but he liked him a lot more than that too.

Sehun was like nobody he had ever met before. It wasn’t like he was this overwhelmingly special person or anything, hell, he was just an average guy, but at the same time that’s what made him so great.

Luhan found himself just being so blindly amazed when he was around Sehun that he just couldn’t help himself.

Sehun swallowed hard, “I… Yeah” he said quietly. The atmosphere had definitely changed in the room by now, but it didn’t look like either of them were planning on breaking it.

Luhan nodded, “So what now?” he asked carefully.

“I don’t know” Sehun admitted, “I… I don’t think that we should, you know… But I… I – there’s just something about you that makes me feel like I’m gonna go crazy” he told Luhan shyly, though he stubbornly refused to break their eye contact.

Luhan nodded understandingly, though he was trying to fight back a smile at the same time, “I… um,” he leant closer to Sehun, who didn’t make a move to push him away, “Is this alright?” he asked in a whisper.

Sehun nodded once, lifting his head slightly so that he could press his lips against Luhan’s. It was an odd feeling for him to be initiating anything, but he felt like Luhan deserved that much. If he was going to be a coward and not admit things to himself just yet, he could at least show Luhan that despite it all there was definitely something between them, that he definitely felt something, he just didn’t know if he could openly say it just yet.

The kiss wasn’t anything too intense, it was sweet and soft, something that made Sehun feel both more afraid and incredibly wonderful.

Luhan pushed Sehun’s shoulders back so that he was laying properly on the bed again, leaning forward as he did so not to break the kiss. He didn’t want Sehun to get a stiff neck from being in an awkward position.

Luhan felt conflicted with the whole thing too, he liked Sehun a lot but he also didn’t want to pressure the younger boy into anything that would only scare him off all the more, or worse, make him even more confused than he already was.

It was obvious to Luhan that Sehun felt a least something, though he wasn’t entirely sure what it was yet, he hoped that it would be a good thing in the long run.

Sehun’s hands slowly moved up from Luhan’s hips, one coming to rest on his lower back whilst the other moved up to cup the elder’s cheek.

It was a very different feeling from the two nights that they had spent together, but it was equally as satisfying.

“Lu…” Sehun said quietly, pulling back from the kiss ever so slightly so that he could talk.

Luhan hummed, “Yeah?” he asked, reaching up to brushing Sehun’s hair back, his fingers running through it soothingly.

“I’m sorry for making this so… complicated” Sehun apologised, a sad lilt to his voice as he looked up at Luhan earnestly, “I just… I don’t want you to think I’m some douche that’s hell bent on leading you on or something when I promise you that I’m not… I just…”

“Sehun-ah” Luhan shushed him, “It’s okay. I know this is hard for you. Try not to worry so much, okay? We don’t have to… we can keep whatever this is just between the two of us until you figure yourself out.”

Sehun frowned, “But that isn’t fair on you” he said, trying not to focus on how nice it felt to have Luhan playing with his hair soothingly.

Luhan though, shook his head as an amused smile played about his lips, “Don’t be daft. I’ve told you before, I’m a big boy, Sehun. Your problem is that you overthink things, and you don’t have to do that with me okay. It is what it is, so just… go with it”

“Are you always this… relaxed about everything?” Sehun laughed softly, looking up at Luhan fondly.

Luhan shrugged, “Yeah, pretty much. I don’t like to let things weigh me down too much. We’ve got a limited amount of time to be on this planet, so the way I see it is that we should try and enjoy it the best we can. I mean, I don’t know about you, but I’d rather not spend my time being miserable” he said, his voice almost breezy with explanation.

Sehun smiled, nodding his head thoughtfully, “That’s actually… surprisingly smart” he said in the end, it made sense really. Luhan had the belief that you shouldn’t let things get to you, that you should just move forward in life and enjoy what you had. And really, Sehun liked that. Sehun wanted to have that outlook. And he hoped that maybe he could build up to that outlook on life.

“Hey! What are you trying to say? I’m actually very ing smart I’ll have you know!” Luhan grumbled.

Sehun snickered, “What is it you said you did for a living again?”

“I’m a waiter” Luhan glared, “But how do you know that I’m not actually a genius? I could have a PhD for all you know”

Sehun raised a brow, “Do you?” he challenged.

“Yeah, I do. I have a PhD in making you shut the up” Luhan shot back wittily before leaning in and kissing Sehun again, lest he try and make another snarky comment.

Sehun couldn’t stop himself from grinning before he kissed Luhan back, if this was his tactic, he wouldn’t put it past him being right, because this was one effective way of getting Sehun to shut up.

And enjoyable too.

“This kind of goes against everything I’ve been saying to you” Sehun managed to get out between kisses.

Luhan hummed, moving his lips to Sehun’s jawline to press lazy kisses along it, “Yeah well, I’m pretty hard to resist. But I’m sure you knew that”

“Don’t be so full of yourself” Sehun laughed, tapping the underneath of Luhan’s chin with the back of his fingers in a playful manner .

Luhan pulled back to grin at Sehun, “Oh god, do you know how much it’s killing me to not say what I’m thinking right now?”

“If you say one word about being full of me, I will literally push you out of the window” Sehun deadpanned, but it was as plain as day that he was fighting back a smile of his own.

Luhan snickered, “Oh come on, you set yourself up for it!”

“No, you’re just a massive ert” Sehun rolled his eyes.

“That too” Luhan laughed again before resuming their kiss, glad to see that Sehun was seemingly a lot more relaxed now.

--

“Jongin. I am literally so close to throwing you into that pool. What the are you actually doing?” Kyungsoo deadpanned, looking up from where he had been drinking his cocktail through a straw – having been too lazy to pick it up from the table.

Jongin grinned back at him sheepishly, “Kris and Chanyeol were playing earlier to see who could catch the most popcorn in their mouth, so I was trying to see if I could do it too” he explained, setting down his small box of popcorn in favour of having a sip of his own drink to wash down what he’d managed to catch in his mouth – which was shamefully little if the popcorn that was littering the floor and table was anything to go by.

Kyungsoo paused for a moment before finding himself breaking out in giggles as he shook his head at Jongin.

Jongin’s eyes widened almost comically, “You… You’re laughing!?”

“I do do that from time to time” Kyungsoo continued to laugh, “You’re just… so stupid sometimes, Jongin” he slapped a hand on the table.

Jongin felt like he should probably be a bit offended, but he couldn’t find it in himself to be, he was too chuffed with the fact that Kyungsoo had broken out of the stern persona that he usually portrayed and let himself actually laugh. Which he hadn’t done because of Jongin until that moment.

It was silly to be so happy about it, but honestly, making people laugh had always brought joy to Jongin, and the fact that he hadn’t been the reason for Kyungsoo’s laughter yet just made this all the better.

He had to admit, the feeling of making someone laugh for the first time was just something indescribable.

“Well I’m glad my idiocy amuses you” Jongin rolled his eyes with an easy going smile before he picked up his drink and gulped down the rest of it.

Kyungsoo managed to calm himself down enough to grin back at Jongin, “Me too. It made today totally worth it” he sniggered, still not having been able to stop completely.

Jongin rolled his eyes playfully, “Alright, I’m gonna go get another drink. Do you want one?”

Kyungsoo nodded, “Yeah, please. I’ll have a rum and coke”

Kyungsoo watched as Jongin gave him a small nod before heading over to the bar to get their drinks. He had to admit, he was rather enjoying himself in Jongin’s company, but the awkwardness from their fight hadn’t quiet worn off. He was still cautious around Jongin, he didn’t know what the younger wanted from him, but he knew that it was something more than he was ready to give.

Kyungsoo wasn’t the kind of person that could just jump head first into anything, be it a friendship or something more. He had to build up to being able to let himself be comfortable around people, and whilst he wouldn’t mind getting close to Jongin, it was clear that Jongin wanted a lot very fast.

His eyes raked over Jongin’s form as he waited for their drinks to be made. Kyungsoo couldn’t lie, Jongin was a very attractive person, he was tall and tanned and handsome. He had plump lips and piercing eyes that probably made all the girls swoon.

Admittedly, Jongin was his type. He was completely hot, but he had a cute personality, he was pretty down to earth and as much as Kyungsoo hated to admit it, he felt like Jongin was probably the kind of person that would bring him out of his shell a lot more.

He shot the younger boy a smile as he made his way back to the table with a drink in each hand, “Sorry it took so long. The guy behind the bar was chatting me up” he snorted, sitting down and sliding Kyungsoo’s drink over to him.

“Did you get his number?” Kyungsoo asked, glancing over to see the lad behind the bar watching Jongin with a somewhat longing look. He was pretty, tall and slim, pale with pretty eyes and a nice thick head of hair. Perhaps Kyungsoo would have been a little jealous if he had been a little shorter.

But Jongin just shook his head as Kyungsoo turned back to face him,“Nah, he wasn’t really my type” he said pointedly, not breaking eye contact with Kyungsoo as he took a sip of his drink.

Kyungsoo swallowed hard, it was obvious that there was clear meaning behind Jongin’s words, but he wasn’t sure if he wanted to admit to himself what that meant.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Well, I think I left you waiting long enough for this update.
My apologies.

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.


Much love~
Until next time<3