Six.

Calm Waters

Baekhyun let out a small yelp as he tried to follow Kyungsoo’s laughter. They were in the pool playing marco-polo, and a make-shift blindfold was covering his eyes.

“Marco!” Baekhyun called out, his hands in front of him as he moved around the pool, trying his best not to bump into any strangers. They’d chosen one of the least crowded pools for that very reason.

Kyungsoo’s laughter tinkled out, “Polo” he called back, a grin on his face as Baekhyun moved closer and closer to him. He’d been swimming to and fro for a while now and decided he might as well give Baekhyun a break, so he stood still and let the other boy come closer and closer.

“Just you wait, Soo! I’m coming for you! You’re done for!” Baekhyun half-shouted, grinning as he heard Chanyeol’s laughter from somewhere off to the side.

Chanyeol, Jongin and Kris had come to watch them during the last round when Kyungsoo was blindfolded, much to Baekhyun’s amusement, since Chanyeol spent the entire round cheering him on, and annoying Kyungsoo.

He knew that Sehun and Junmyeon were somewhere in the pool too, but they’d lost the pair a while before they’d decided to play.

“Marco” Baekhyun called out again.

To which came the expected “Polo” from Kyungsoo, who sounded very, very close.

Baekhyun reached out and let his hands come to land on a pair of solid shoulder, it was the laughter that followed that told him that it was definitely Kyungsoo.

He kept one hand on his best friend’s shoulder and reached up to tear off the blindfold with the other, which he unceremoniously tossed at Chanyeol, smacking him in the face and making him yelp in surprise.

“Found you” Baekhyun grinned, circling his arms around Kyungsoo’s neck and treading water to keep himself floating better.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, but let his arms come to hug Baekhyun around his middle in return, “I made it really easy for you, to be fair”

“I think you wanted me to find you” Baekhyun teased, “I know you like having me all close to you like this”

Kyungsoo scoffed, though there was a grin playing about his lips that told Baekhyun he was enjoying himself, “Puh-lease. Why would I want to be anywhere near your ugly face” he shot back.

Baekhyun opened his mouth to give Kyungsoo a witty comeback, but he was cut off as Jongin scoffed, “That’s ed up” the boy sitting on the edge of the pool said rather curtly, “He’s your best friend and you’re being horrible to him”

He wasn’t sure why he was so riled up. Honestly, Kyungsoo had been so nice as he’d listened to him that day, but after that it was like none of it had mattered. Kyungsoo had gone back to ignoring him as though the conversation hadn’t even happened and it had pissed Jongin off.

He thought that it had been a stepping stone to them building an actual friendship, but it had obviously meant much more to him that it had to Kyungsoo.

He wasn’t even sure why it irked him so much, they’d only known one another six days, but Jongin was getting annoyed that it seemed to be only him that Kyungsoo wasn’t willing to make an effort with. Sure, he was snarky and sarcastic with Chanyeol too, though he was sweet to Sehun, even if sometimes he was a little short with his answers, but it was something.

He at least made some sort of an effort, but with Jongin with was all. And it bugged him more than he cared to admit.

“Dude,” Baekhyun frowned, “He’s just playing… Chill”

But Jongin shook his head, he’d worked himself up too much to just shut up, “No, he’s mean!” he said before turning to face Kyungsoo, who had been oddly quiet since he’s spoken, “You’re mean. You’re a goddamn mean person!” he told the older boy angrily, barely noticing the way that Kyungsoo’s arms had let go of Baekhyun, or the way he had gently pushed the elder away from him, making Baekhyun’s face contort in worry.

Kyungsoo paused for a long time as he stared back at Jongin, his face unreadable until he cracked and a look of sheer upset took over him, “You know what,” he said calmly, his voice barely audible over the ruckus of the pool, “ you.”

It was with that that he swam over to the ladder and climbed out of the pool, not bothering to look back as he walked away from them all.

It was only Baekhyun that noticed how Kyungsoo’s eyes had welled up as he’d swum away. Only Baekhyun that knew how much being called ‘mean’ would have affected his best friend.

He looked at Jongin angrily, “What the is your problem!?” he demanded. “Where the do you get off calling him ? Huh?! Like you even know him?!”

“I was sticking up for you!” Jongin shouted back in defence, though he couldn’t deny the guilt that was ebbing into him.

Baekhyun’s eyes narrowed, “Did I look like I needed defending?!” he shot back, “I was having a laugh with my friend and you just stuck your oar in because you’re… you’re what? Pissed off that he isn’t paying attention to you?! Have you ever thought that upsetting him isn’t the way to get him to like your crusty , Jongin? Seriously!”

“I didn’t mean it like that!” Jongin huffed, “And he… it’s not… he just isn’t exactly kind all the time!”

Chanyeol frowned at that, “Actually, he kind of is… Like, he’s sarcastic and , sure. But if you haven’t noticed, it’s because he’s kind of awkward and introverted around people. But if you actually pay attention, he does make an effort with you. Like, he likes to listen more than he talks, and he isn’t outwardly harsh, he just gets his words all wrong because he’s naturally nervous around people that he doesn’t know well…” he pointed out.

Baekhyun gaped slightly at his new friend, “Thank you” he said softly to Chanyeol, who shrugged easily in return as though to say ‘just being honest’, before he turned back to Jongin, “If he understands that then why can’t you!”

“Why are you having a go at me?!" Jongin snapped back, “I already told you it wasn’t meant like that! It isn’t like I can rewind time and undo it!”

Baekhyun’s glare grew meaner as he looked at Jongin with distaste, “You’re ing stupid, do you know that! It isn’t even about not meaning something! it’s about the fact that you still said it and as a result you upset one of the nicest ing people on this bastard boat!” he hissed back angrily. “So you better ing fix this somehow, you complete and utter ing moron!”

“I… Look, I didn’t come here to get ing shouted at!” Jongin shot back in annoyance, he knew that he was only getting defensive because he was in the wrong, but he couldn’t help himself. He’d never been good at being put on the spot, especially when he’d been a complete and utter arsehole and deserved it.

Baekhyun said nothing as Jongin clambered awkwardly to this feet and took off in the direction that Kyungsoo had disappeared off to.

He did feel bad, admittedly, but he hadn’t been able to stop himself from feeling like he had to just say something before he exploded.

Only, now he wished that he hadn’t said anything because he’d made a complete out of himself. Not only that, but he knew he must have been completely in the wrong, because even Chanyeol hadn’t stuck up for him and Chanyeol would go to the ends of the earth and back just to make sure he was happy.

It meant you’d ed up pretty badly if Chanyeol wasn’t even willing to be on your side, or even just try and explain what you meant a little better.

He could have tried to blame that on Chanyeol trying to impress Baekhyun, but he knew Chanyeol, and Chanyeol wasn’t that kind of person. He always made a point to stand up for what he thought was right, and no matter how much he liked someone, if he thought you were in the wrong, he would outwardly tell you. And he’d do it in a way that was explanatory rather than accusatory.

He was a good guy like that.

With a sigh, he walked down the corridor and came to a stop outside of room sixty-five, where he took a deep breath and then knocked.

He waited, but there was no answer, so he knocked again and again until finally he heard a grumbled “Go away” from behind the door.

He could have. He could have just turned and walked away and not worried about a stupid little argument that he had perhaps taken too far, but this was Kim Jongin and he was sure about two things; one, he was an idiot and two, he was stubborn. Maybe not the best combination, but the most useful in this situation.

That was why he rapped his knuckles against the door in a constant rhythm of knocks until they began to get sore.

But it worked, because eventually, the door was yanked open to reveal a teary eyed, red cheeked Kyungsoo.

The worst part, thought Jongin, was that the smaller man didn’t even look angry. He just looked so incredibly upset. And that was worse than if he had opened the door and landed a solid punch in Jongin’s face.

He’d definitely ed up.

“What the do you want?” Kyungsoo asked, obviously trying to sound angry, but not quite getting there. If anything he just sounded fed-up.

It hurt Jongin’s heart a little to see the elder like that, and even more so to know that he was the one that was behind it.

He hadn’t wanted to upset the elder, he’d just wanted a rise out of him. Just something, anything, to get his attention, only he realised then that he’d been after any attention no matter if it was good or bad, and that was something that he shouldn’t want.

He should be wanting the good kind of attention, though he sincerely doubted if he would ever get that now.

Jongin sighed, “Can I come in?” he asked, “Please, I swear, I’m not here to fight” he did his upmost to sound genuine as he locked eyes with Kyungsoo, praying that the elder would see he was being honest and not just looking for a way to get out of the doghouse.

“Why bother?” Kyungsoo retorted, “You’ve made it abundantly clear how you feel about me, Jongin, so just go. I’m really not in the mood for these stupid games or pointless conversations” he sounded tired. And not tired in the sleepy sense, Jongin noted, but tired in the sense that he was just fed up.

Though he didn’t blame him, after all, it was because of his silly games that the elder was feeling as he was.

Jongin shifted awkwardly from foot to foot, “I don’t think you’re mean” he said quietly, “I… I was just saying that because I was jealous about how you are with everyone else”

Kyungsoo gave him an odd look before stepping back and opening the door just wide enough for Jongin to step in. As much as he didn’t really want to see anyone right then, he didn’t want people being nosy and listening in on his business.

Jongin stepped inside and stood awkwardly by the wall as he watched Kyungsoo close the door before turning to face him. Neither of them made a move to sit down.

They stood in silence for a while, just taking each other in.

Jongin noted that Kyungsoo hadn’t changed out of his swimwear. His hair was damp still and his shorts clung to his legs where they were still wet from the pool. Kyungsoo had pulled a vest on though to cover his torso, which Jongin felt slightly disappointed about for some reason.

Jongin himself was only clad in his blue swim trunks, he hadn’t even thought to put shoes on before he’d come after Kyungsoo to try and make things right between them again.

He supposed that might work in his favour a little, but then the look on Kyungsoo’s face told him that it probably hadn’t even been noticed.

“You’ve got five minutes before you’re leaving, and if you don’t go then I will. So hurry it up” Kyungsoo said, folding his arms across his chest defensively as he watched Jongin with careful eyes.

Jongin nodded, swallowing as he did, “I… I don’t think you’re mean. You, I mean we don’t know each other that well. And I get that maybe I shouldn’t have said what I did back at the pool, but I was just so frustrated because you’re… with Chanyeol and Sehun and the Chinese guys, you at least seem to make an effort. You’re still sarcastic and awkward or whatever, but you still laugh and play with them. But with me, it’s like you don’t even want me around! A-After that day when we were talking at the bar, I thought maybe we could make a friendship, but then you just went right back to ignoring me and I don’t understand why?! I just want to be a friend to you, but you won’t even look my way!”

Kyungsoo stared back at him incredulously, “So you decided to ruin my day because you’re jealous of how I act with other people” he deadpanned, “Are you ing kidding me right now Kim Jongin?!”

Kyungsoo was hurt, he was, because he wasn’t a mean person. He wasn’t. And for someone that he genuinely found to be lovely – even if he wasn’t so good at showing it – to call him the one thing that he detested for people to think of him, well that was just ing horrible. And he didn’t know how he could just forget that and go on like it hadn’t happened or not.

Sure, Jongin might not have meant it, but he’d still said it, and there must have been at least a small part of him that thought it to be true if he had gone so far as to practically shout it at him in front of a pool full of people, friends and strangers alike.

“I didn’t think it would affect you so badly” Jongin told him, “It was just pointless words to try and make myself feel better”

“Did it?” Kyungsoo asked him lowly.

But Jongin shook his head, “No, because it upset you. And that wasn’t what I wanted. I just wanted for you to notice me. To make an effort with me!”

Kyungsoo watched him for a long time, his eyes narrowed slightly with something akin to disbelief, but the upset that was mixed in with it made it into something else entirely. Something that Jongin couldn’t even give a name to.

The air was growing ever thicker with tension as the silence drew on between the two.

Jongin wasn’t sure if he should say something, but he waited, and rightly so.

“Did you think that maybe approaching me and actually telling me how you felt would have been a better plan?!” Kyungsoo finally snipped back, “I haven’t been talking with you much because I don’t know how to! You… I don’t even ing dislike you, Jongin. I actually happen to think you’re a pretty nice guy, but then you go and open your mouth and stupid pours out and it makes me not want to make an effort. I don’t just magically get close to people quickly, you know. I’m how I am with Chanyeol because I’m making an effort for Baekhyun, since he obviously likes him a lot! And as for Sehun, he was in ing tears the other night, why would I be horrible to someone that is obviously going through a tough time! I’ve barely hung out with Kris and Tao. Luhan is always chuntering on about Sehun and Yixing is always with Junmyeon! So don’t tell me that I’m making more of an effort with the other people I’ve met on this trip!

 “Have you even stopped to realise that majority of the time I’ve spent on this ing floating death trap – which, by the way, was meant to be a holiday where I hung out with my friends – I’ve spent with you. I have hung out with you every ing day that I’ve been here, and when was I ever outwardly mean to you? Huh? Yeah, I asked you why you were following me, but did I ever tell you to go piss off and do something other than stay with me? No, I sat down with you, and I chatted with you! But obviously that still isn’t enough!

 “What do you ing want from me, Jongin? Do you want me to fawn over you like you’re probably so used to guys and girls doing? Do you want me to drape myself over you and beg for you to pay attention to me? Or should I feel ing honoured that you chose to grace me with your oh so ing wonderful presence?” He demanded hotly, his arms dropping back down to his sides as his hands balled into fists out of sheer frustration.

Jongin was clearly taken aback, but it didn’t put him off as he stalked forward and took one of Kyungsoo’s shaking fists in his hands, “I’m sorry” he said softly, “And I know that it probably means nothing, but right now there is nothing else I can say to you other than I’m sorry. And I am. I really am, because I honestly didn’t mean to upset you. I didn’t even see it from your perspective because I was too selfish to look past the end of my own nose. I promise I’ll make it up to you, okay? I’m sorry”

Kyungsoo’s hand relaxed slightly under Jongin’s gentle hold, though he refused to look up and meet the other’s eyes, “I’m not good with people in general, you know. And being – being called mean. That’s something that really upsets me, because I try so ing hard to watch how I word things, and watch how I act, and I just want people to be happy and for you of all people to come here without even knowing me and call me a mean person after I was literally just having a good time with my best friend, it ing , Jongin”

“Kyungsoo, I know you aren’t a mean person. I don’t think you’re a mean person and I never did think that. I was unnecessarily angry and I spoke without thinking, but I never thought you were mean. I just wanted a reaction from you.” He admitted guiltily, “And I know that this isn’t how I should have approached things. I’m just… I’m so, so sorry. Truly I am”

“How do I know you won’t just end up acting like a righteous again?” Kyungsoo raised a brow.

Jongin cracked a small, sheepish smile, “Oh, I’ll definitely end up saying something moronic at some point because me and words just aren’t good friends apparently” he laughed softly before giving Kyungsoo a genuine smile, “But I’ll actively do my best to think before I speak”

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but roll his eyes. He was genuinely glad that Jongin was making an effort, but part of him was still cautious. Jongin obviously wanted for them to be friends, but Kyungsoo had never been any good at making friends. it was hard for him, unlike for Baekhyun or Jongdae. Kyungsoo never really felt like he was the kind of person to fit in with the group. He was always that person that was just… there. And he always doubted if anyone would even care if he just stopped showing up one day. Though of course he knew his friends cared greatly for him, there was always that nagging voice telling him that he would never really fit in, that he would always be an outsider.

“I don’t know how to respond to that” Kyungsoo said bluntly.

Jongin sighed, “Maybe that we could try and be friends?” he asked hopefully.

“I… I guess that would be okay” Kyungsoo pursed his lips before adding, “Why do you want to be my friend so badly?” because he genuinely could not think of a reason as to why someone as brilliant as Jongin would want to be his friend so desperately.

“Because I like you” Jongin said simply, hoping that it wouldn’t give away too much that he wasn’t talking on a strictly friendship basis.

He’d be fooling himself if he didn’t admit that he was most certainly harbouring a crush on the older boy.

Kyungsoo nodded thoughtfully, “How odd” he mused aloud, his tone making Jongin unsure if he was supposed to hear it. “Alright, I can do friends. Just don’t expect some massive change in me because it isn’t going to happen” he finally pulled his hand free from where it was clasped between Jongin’s.

Jongin’s answering grin was a little overwhelming, “Would a hug be pushing it?” he asked.

“Yes” Kyungsoo deadpanned.

“Right, no yeah, of course. Yeah, you’re right. No hug” Jongin nodded awkwardly as he took a step back, “Of course, yeah”

“Jongin” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, but let out a soft laugh despite himself, effectively shutting Jongin up, “Stop talking. Come on, let’s just go and salvage what’s left of today, alright?” he took Jongin by the wrist and led him out of the room, back to the pool to re-join their friends.

--

Luhan smiled at Sehun as he tilted the straw of his bubble tea towards the younger in offering.

Sehun looked at it interestedly, “Flavour?” he asked. He and Luhan had been pretty much joint at the hip since that fateful night, though neither of them talked about it and for that Sehun was grateful. He liked Luhan a lot and enjoyed his friendship thoroughly, but he still wasn’t at ease with the constant battle of questions beating around in his head.

“Chocolate” Luhan replied easily, “I remembered you said it was your favourite and I couldn’t be bothered to carry two” he said by means of explanation.

Sehun accepted the answer without question as he leant forward and wrapped his lips around the straw before giving it a hearty .

He gave Luhan a small smile before he pulled back, which Luhan happily returned before turning to resume his conversation with Baekhyun, which he had paused to offer the maknae a drink.

“They’re so obvious” Kris commented to Chanyeol. The two of them were sat on the opposite side of the table, watching as Luhan chatted with Baekhyun, though his free hand had found a home on Sehun’s knee. Sehun paid it no mind though as he played temple run on his beat-up ipad.

Chanyeol nodded “I know, like Luhan is trying so hard to make Sehun like him. It’s almost painful to watch. I just hope that Sehun figures himself our before one of them gets hurt” he said softly, watching his best friend with worried eyes.

“Luhan’s not usually like this, you know” Kris said after a moment of thoughtful silence, “I’ve been friends with him for a really long time. I’ve watched flings come and go, but this… I’ve never seen him so patient. Or like he cares about what someone thinks of him. Your Sehun must be real special” he glanced at Chanyeol. It was obvious that the Korean bot was worried for Sehun, so he hoped that helped ease him some.

“Sehun’s great” Chanyeol affirmed, “He’s just not one-hundred percent sure of himself yet. But he’ll get there.”

“It’s kind of funny” Kris smiled, “Luhan is like the complete opposite. He’s loud about knowing who he is. He’s a complete – granted he means well – and a ert to boot. And yet the person that manages to quiet his voice and make his actions scream louder than ever is Sehun, who is… I don’t know, why and unsure”

Chanyeol chuckled, “Ay, Sehunnie is one to watch though. He’s always surprising us. I remember this one time, just after I met him – my parents were away and none of my family lived near, and I’d just had a fallout with my friends – Sehun came over to my house with a cake and a massive load of balloons and just shouts ‘Happy Birthday, hyung! You thought you’d have to play alone today, right’ and it turns out he even got me a gift! I don’t know how he even found out my birthday! I’d know him four days. Sehunnie… he sees a lot more than we give him credit for. He’s a good kid. caring. But he’s also really soft hearted. He loves easily, but he hurts easily too” he told Kris, an obvious fondness to his voice as he spoke about Sehun with a grin on his face, “He’s a ing brat too though, mind you. He wouldn’t think twice before eating your last cookie! The special one that you’d been saving that the bakery only makes on special occasions!”

“Did he eat your special cookie?” Kris asked, biting back a laugh.

Chanyeol pouted, “He ate my special cookie” he grumbled moodily.

“Yah! Chanyeol hyung!” Sehun called out with a wicked grin, turning his ipad to show Chanyeol the screen, “I beat all your high scores”

Chanyeol frowned, “He’s the devil” he groaned, shifting seats and taking the ipad from Sehun, “Not for long, punk!” he shot back determinedly as he began to play. He’d let Sehun beat him over his dead body!

“Are you honestly at war over temple run?” Luhan asked incredulously, turning to face Sehun as Baekhyun fell into easy conversation with Kris.

Sehun nodded, noting the way that Luhan moved closer so that he was pressed against him, his hand still on Sehun’s knee, the other on the table behind his now-empty cup as he rapped out a rhythm with his fingers, “Yeah. We’ve been doing this since it came out” he explained, internally wondering if he should mention Luhan’s newfound touchiness. He didn’t.

“Do you have plans later?” Luhan asked casually after a moment.

Sehun raised an eyebrow, “I’m on a boat with my idiot friends, I’m not sure what plans I could have made” he drawled.

“You know what I mean, don’t be a ” Luhan rolled his eyes.

Sehun chuckled softly, “I am as far as I’m aware, why?”

“They, uh, they’re doing a movie night down in the lounge tonight” Luhan said, looking a little nervous, “I was wondering if maybe you’d like to go with me?”

Sehun paused for a moment, a deep frown of thought on his face as he looked back at Luhan, “I… This wouldn’t be a… a d-date or anything?” he stuttered out.

Luhan’s cheeks flushed slightly, not escaping Sehun’s notice, “Of course not” he bluffed, “I just thought you’d like to go. None of my friends are able to keep quiet throughout movies…” he rambled nervously, so unlike himself.

Sehun’s eyes softened slightly at Luhan’s obvious unease, clearly he was having a hard time putting himself out there too, “I didn’t mean that in a bad way” he said with a gentle voice, “It’s just that I’m not… well, you know the situation”

Luhan shook his head, “No I totally get it. It was stupid of me to even ask” he sighed.

He looked completely dejected, something that Sehun was so unused to seeing on Luhan’s face. Even back when they had been drinking together, when they had… that night… Luhan had shown many emotions, but he’d never seemed a vulnerable as he did then. And Sehun didn’t want him to feel like that. He didn’t know why, but there was something bubbling up inside of him that felt oddly similar to protectiveness.

Though it made no sense for him to be protective over Luhan, he couldn’t shake the feeling.

“I’ll go with you” Sehun smiled, reaching down and hesitantly placing his hand over Luhan’s, “There’s nothing saying we can’t go as friends”

“You don’t have to do that,” Luhan said, “You don’t have to feel sorry for me”

Sehun rolled his eyes, “Who said anything about feeling sorry for you? Don’t be so dramatic” he tutted, “I want to go with you, okay? It’s not a bloody pity thing. If I didn’t want to go then I wouldn’t”

That quickly brought the time back to Luhan’s face, “Awesome. It starts at nine, so we’ll have time to get dinner first. If you wanna meet me at my room at say… seven?” he suggested. His eyes had lit up at the prospect, and even though Sehun felt slightly uneasy about it all, he was glad to see a smile on Luhan’s face.

Granted, it all seemed too like a date to make Sehun entirely comfortable with the idea, he just couldn’t bear to see the look of disappointment on Luhan’s face again.

He knew it was silly, given what they had done together, but Sehun just wasn’t there yet. He wasn’t ready to just… be whatever the hell it was that he was, he needed time to process. He needed time to understand himself before he could just put himself out there.

“Sounds like a plan” Sehun hummed, just as Chanyeol let out a great whoop of glee.

“ IT, LISPERALLA! EAT MY !” Chanyeol boomed in his deep voice, ing the ipad back at Sehun.

“Hey! You don’t see me making fun of your ears, Yoda! Lay off the speech impediment!” Sehun grumbled in return, not too bothered about Chanyeol’s score. He’d end up beating it again anyway. Or he’d just reset everything.

“But Sehunnie, it’s so cute” Chanyeol teased, though it was clear to the three watching that this was obviously a common occurrence between the pair.

Sehun raised a brow, “Come at me, Dumbo!”

“Yah! You brat,” Chanyeol huffed, taking the ipad from Sehun and tossing it onto the table before pulling Sehun into a headlock.

“Ah! AH! Let go! Alright, I give! I give! Gees, you !”

--

Jongdae let out a yawn as he swam over to the side of the pool where Minseok and Yixing were sat together, kicking their legs mindlessly in the water as Jongdae and Junmyeon swam around near them.

“Min, what time is it?” Jongdae asked, shaking the water out of his eyes.

Minseok glanced up at the clock on the side of the pool room, “A little after nine” he told the younger, “Why?”

“No reason. Hey, did you notice that Myeon got in really late last night?” he noted just as Junmyeon swam over to join them.

Both Minseok and Jongdae missed the sly smirk that Yixing shot at Junmyeon, along with the wink that Junmyeon gave Yixing in return.

“Yeah” Minseok nodded, “Where were you, man? It’s not like you to stay out so late…”

Junmyeon frowned, “Yah, I do have a life you know” he pursed his lips in offence, “I’m on holiday, I can stay out until when I like”

“Yo, nobody said you couldn’t” Jongdae laughed, “We were just wondering where you were”

“He was with me” Yixing put in, “We just went to watch the lady in the longue singing. Nothing too special. We lost track of time” he smirked, talking to Jongdae, but his eyes remained focused on Junmyeon, “That’s all”

Jongdae let out a soft ‘ah’ of understanding, “That makes sense. Junmyeon isn’t really the risqué type” he told Yixing, who fought back a snort of laughter, “He’s kind of… I don’t know, a loner”

“I’m right here, you know” Junmyeon rolled his eyes.

Minseok chuckled, “He has a point though, Myeon. Like, when was the last time you got laid? Hell, when was the last time you even kissed someone?”

Yixing was conveniently looking around the room innocently by this point, leaving Junmyeon to fend for himself.

Junmyeon sighed, “What does it matter? I get more action that you know. I just know how to keep my private life private. Unlike you two”

“Yah! What’s that supposed to mean?” Jongdae shot back indignantly.

Junmyeon snorted, “Oh please! It’s only been a day since you two had that fight and when we came to meet you, you were literally trying to see how far down Min’s throat you could stick your tongue”

“Ah, young love” Yixing put in with a wicked grin at Minseok, who shoved him in return.

“ you” Minseok said to the Chinese man, but there was an obvious amused edge to his voice.

Yixing smirked, “Was that an offer?”

“Yah!” Junmyeon and Jongdae shouted at the same time.

Minseok raised a brow at Junmyeon, “What’s got your in a knot?” he asked, “I get Jongdae because he’s a jealous little … but you? Sup, gramps? You got a thing for me too?”

Junmyeon couldn’t help but laugh at that, “Oh yeah, Min. Please, please take me as your own! I’ve been hiding my undying love for you this entire time” he let out sarcastically.

“Maybe he has a thing for Yixing” Jongdae suggested. “He’s smoking hot and kind of out of your league though, hyung. No offence”

“Offence taken” Junmyeon deadpanned.

Yixing let out a tinkling laugh, “Aw, Junmyeonnie, I’m not out of your league” he teased, “Though I agree with the smoking hot comment”

“Me too” Junmyeon winked, making Jongdae and Minseok gag over-dramatically.

Jongdae shuddered as he held on to Minseok’s knees to keep himself afloat, too tired to keep treading water. “Keep that to yourself, Myeon. You’ll make poor Yixing vomit in his mouth”

“You’re so harsh, dude” Yixing rolled his eyes, “I think Junmyeon’s cute”

Minseok raised a brow at Yixing, “You’re not gonna start flirting with him again are you? Because I got enough of that when we played pool with Kris” he shuddered.

“I don’t think I have to flirt anymore” Yixing grinned, “I’ve already got you hooked, right?” he aimed at Junmyeon.

Junmyeon shook his head amusedly, “You’re so full of yourself”

“Would you rather I be full of you?” Yixing shot back wittily.

Minseok shook his head, pushing Jongdae off of his knees and clambering to his feet, “ this I’m out” he said, giving a final look between the now hysterically laughing Yixing and Junmyeon before shuddering and walking away at a brisk pace.

“MIN!!” Jongdae called after him as Yixing slid into the water, still laughing as Junmyeon caught him and wrapped him up in his arms, “MIN! YAH! KIM MINSEOK,  DON’T YOU LEAVE ME HERE WITH THESE ERTS! MINNIE!!” he wailed, swimming over to the side of the pool and flailing until he was out of it, only to quickly get to his feet and run after his new-found boyfriend.

Yixing smirked as the laughter died down and he wrapped his arms around Junmyeon’s neck, “Well that was one way to get rid of them” he said.

“Indeed it was” Junmyeon smirked back before tilting his head up and smiling at Yixing leant in and stole a kiss.

It was nice, with just the two of them – aside from the few strangers that swam around – though both of them enjoyed spending time with their friends, they longed for the quiet moments together.

They had spent most of the day apart, Yixing playing silly boat games with Tao, and Junmyeon swimming with Sehun in the morning and then playing cards with Minseok in the afternoon, because they’d met up at the indoor pool with Minseok and Jongdae to have a little splash around.

It had given Minseok and Yixing time to catch up also, though as much as he felt guilty to admit it, Yixing enjoyed it more knowing that he could watch Junmyeon swim around as they did.

Despite himself, Yixing really did find that he liked Junmyeon a lot and he genuinely hoped that they would keep in touch once they got home. Even if it was just as friends, he would like for them to keep in touch. He didn’t just want a summer fling. He wanted Junmyeon to himself, and he didn’t give a rat’s how selfish he seemed because of it

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So, I only like half-proof read this,
because I was distracted by jammig out to Troye Sivan...
No regrets! 
Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed<3

Much love~
Until next time<3