Chapter 3

In Ha's Eternal Love

“Cross your arms.” Hye Bin said to herself in front of the mirror even though she couldn’t see it. She was worried a lot about what just happened—Dae In called her, and it was clearly a shock when he told her about… “Hye Bin ah, let’s go outside! I’m starving!” her unnie screamed loudly from downstairs. “Hye Bin ah, hurry up!” before she could say a word, her unnie just made herself a mental note, a note that even Hye Bin couldn’t forget.

 

The car was driving in silence; the two of them didn’t say a word. It was their first meeting and who knew it would be their last. “So, how’s work?” Dae In turned to her carefully while Hye Bin was still staring outside, “Not much. I’m okay if that’s what you asked.” Mr. Bang suddenly chuckled and looked down immediately when he saw Dae In glanced sharply at him from the rearview mirror. “I’m sorry for this inconvenience, Noona. I apologize,” he said to Min Kyung apologetically and sincerely, while she just shrugged it off. “It’s okay. There’s nothing to be worry about, Dae In sshi.”

“Ya! Why are you so stiff?” he looked at her deeply. “Who knows? Let’s talk for real the next time we meet.” Min Kyung shifted in her seat and smiled cheekily at Mr. Bang who smiled at the two of them too. And that’s how it went. But something stopped them on their way—lots of cars were lining up on the street, while all of them were not moving—“,” Dae In cursed in English and everybody turned to look at him, “I’m so sorry,” it was the devilish traffic jam that Mr. Bang occurred as a threat. “Can you tell Mr—,” “Your father has told me not to call him.”

Min Kyung glimpsed at Mr. Bang who sighed behind the wheel next to her. Hye Bin finally sensed something familiar from Dae In after not having a chance to meet him. She finally breathed for the very first time that the guy who was in the backseat with her, hasn’t changed at all.

 

The other side of life….

Min Joo sometimes had to cover her face when all of her fans were gathering outside of the store right now—she was shopping for her daily routine after doing a photoshoot and suddenly all of her fans were standing and taking pictures of her. She didn’t even know why, but she definitely didn’t say anything to her stans who were clearly not available of updating something on Twitter or Instagram.

She was wearing her black sunglasses and a pink coat that made her looked cute. She fixed her hair with one hand while trying to pick some clothes. She found one from the shelves, and picked it up to see if it’s good or not.

She definitely did something wrong, when her manager, became panic after having a call. “Huh? Really?! Why didn’t you tell me? Ya!” he hanged up, and glanced outside to the street. “Min Joo sshi, I think we need to leave,” he said. Min Joo turned to him and smiled, “How could say that? I’m very busy right now,” but her manager kept telling her to leave. So when he showed her, pointing to the street outside, she finally gasped and was shocked; she was the one who created the traffic jam.

“Let’s go then,” she said and saying goodbye to the employees in the store by nodding. Her bodyguards have already guarded her exit, and when her manager and her stylist were guiding her toward her car, everything became safe for her. She smiled and looked down shyly while greeting their fans.

They finally got into the car, and drove on. The bodyguards got into their sedan while Min Joo had to stay in the van.

They were heading to an official meeting. And Min Joo suddenly thought of something, “Where’s my dad’s watch?” she asked to her stylist, “It’s in the back. Why? Do you need it now?” it made Min Joo smiled and answered, “I want to keept it safely,”

 

They finally arrived at a luxurious skyscraper. Min Joo said goodbye to her staffs and got out from the van alone. She was escorted by her bodyguards into the main lobby. She was happy to be here, at last. A blue box with a blue ribbon was clutched in her hand, but something happened really badly when a guy with a nice suit whose arm accidentally hitted Min Joo's shoulder and it made the blue box fell onto the floor.

She gasped loudly while staring sadly at the box. The guy was shocked to see it too, and immediately apologized sincerely. They both were trying to grab the box at the same time, but Min Joo grabbed it first and scanned it, "Thank God, it didn't break," she said while opening the box secretly to herself. She didn't say a word, just glancing at the guy who just almost made a history in her life by accidentally breaking her father's watch.

"Ugh, I'm sorry. I really am. What's inside it? If it's a precious thing, I will buy another one or give you the new one. I'll do whatever I can." Min Joo couldn't take her eyes off him. While he was pleading sincerely, she knew he was a rich guy and she knew he could afford more than he wanted to. "I....I'm okay, I mean, it didn't break. That's.....," he suddenly cut her off, "What's inside it? Can I buy you another one?" he, somehow, knew that it was a precious gift for her, and he needed to replace it. "It's....nothing. I can assure you," she finally smiled. She looked down, nodded at him and headed to the elevator to avoid any kind of conversation that involved her father's watch. But, he stopped her on her way by asking something. "Umm, hey what's your name?" she stopped and turned around shyly, "My name is Min Joo. It's nice to meet you," she bowed and turned her heels when, "I'm Gyo In Ha, it's nice to meet you too,"