Wish

Wish

“Happy birthday to you!” Her friends sang in chorus as she blew the candles.

“Thank you guys,” she hugged every single one of them, “for sparing time from your busy schedules to celebrate with me today.” She flashed them a huge grin that made her eyes disappear.

They started eating and catching up. She had great friends and she was thankful for them. However, she was missing something great. She’s now 27 but she had no lover. She had her fair share of suitors, both boys and girls, but no one really caught her attention so she never dated them.  

All her friends were there with their lovers, some even ready to settle down.  She couldn’t help but think about having a partner she’s not getting any younger after all. So before she blew her birthday candles, she wished to meet her significant other soon.

--

The party was over. Tiffany’s exhausted to say the least but she made sure everyone went home safe. She sent every single one of them out of her apartment building and watched them drive away.

She came back to her unit and plopped onto her bed. Change clothes tomorrow, I’m tired. With that, she dozed off to dreamland.

--

The next morning, she was awoken by the sound of boxes moving roughly against the floor. Must be the new neighbour. She stood up grumpily and looked at the time, 6:30, she has plenty of time to prepare. She went to the kitchen to cook breakfast and eat, called her mom, and finally to the bathroom. She got ready to leave for work, a little bit of perfume and off she went.

Tiffany stepped out of her apartment the same time her new neighbour did, she lived across the hall. The latter bowed and introduced herself, “Hi. I’m your new neighbour, Taeyeon.” She’s nice.

Tiffany greeted her too and said her name. She left first since Taeyeon was still rooted on her spot and then she giggled ‘cute neighbour’.

--

An hour ago she just met her cute neighbour and now they work together. The manager introduced a new co-worker in the name of Kim Taeyeon. That’s her neighbour, standing beside the manager looking extremely short and cute. The manager assigned Taeyeon to the cubicle next to hers then he disappeared back to his office and everyone continued with their work.

--

Tiffany wanted to ask Taeyeon if they could go home together but she was shy, they weren’t friends just yet. So she just let Taeyeon leave first. She sighed and went home too.

When she arrived in her doorstep, she found a note stuck at the door. Hi Tiffany, do you want to have dinner with me? I was lucky to be your neighbour and now we work next to each other as well. It must be fate. –Taeyeon

Fate huh? She smiled and read the note again. Her wish was immediately granted.

 

--End--