Chapter 2

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been 7 months since Jiyong has died, Daesung and Ji’s mother had been going to a grief support group for widowers.

 

“You know Daesung, when their father died, I recovered because Jiyong was there for me. But now that my son is gone…” Jiyong’s mom starts. “Now that he’s gone, I don't know but it’s more painful.” She started to sob and all Daesung could do was hug her and comfort her. She also tries to lighten up the atmosphere by joking about her menopause “Dae I’m sorry, I can't stop crying. My menopause even adds up with my sadness. You know if it was up to me, I want you to live with me. Because I feel like whenever I'm with you, it also feels like Jiyong is here.” She finally smiles and laughs.

 

Daesung was on his way home when Seungri called him. Seungri and Youngbae has been worried for him since Jiyong died. They kept on pestering him to come out and have fun with them, but Daesung will always refuse and will make up some lame excuse. 

“Hello?”

“Hyunggggg! Finally! You finally answered me! I’ve been calling you! Don’t you miss your favorite brother?” Daesung can sense that Seungri is pouting over the phone.

“I’m sorry Seungri, I was with Mama Kwon when you were calling.”

“That’s fine hyung. Anyway, can I come over tonight? Let’s have dinner together, I’ll bring food! I kind of miss you. And no, I’m not going to bring Youngbae with me if that’s your concern.”

“Hahaha, It’s okay if you bring Youngbae with you. I’ll meet you in my apartment okay?”

“Okay hyung.”

 

There was loud knock on Daesung’s door, it was Seungri, his brother had always come in with a dramatic entrance. Daesung opened the door and welcomed Seungri with a hug and helped him with the food that he brought and settled them in the dining table. 

During dinner Seungri suggested something to Daesung. 

“Hyung, you should rent yours and Jiyongie hyung’s apartment out. Like don’t you feel lonely in here? I think you need to get out of this apartment, I think it will help with you. Hyung, you need to move on.”

Daesung just smiled at Seungri, and patted his cheek. He was thinking on whether he should do it or not.

When it was time for his brother to leave, it was already 2am.

“Hyung I better get going, it’s 2am already! I think I gossiped too much. Also, Youngbae must be worried about me.” Seungri said while smiling.

“Go ahead, it’s really late now.”

“I’ll see you soon Hyung. I love you.”

Daesung nodded and kissed Seungri’s forehead.

 

Daesung was sitting in front of his computer, still contemplating about Seungri's suggestion when he heard a voice.

“Babe, you know Seungri was right. You should have done this months ago.” It was Jiyong, his Jiyong.

“But I don't want anyone else to live here.” Daesung pouted.

“Come on Daedae, it will help you. Also, mom would be really happy if you finally accepts her request and live with her.”

Daesung sighed, he felt defeated. He continued pouting, “I hope that I won't get a tenant right away.”

Jiyong smiled, as they rubbed their noses together.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Samchon! Wake up! Breakfast is ready!” Yeonjun yells while tickling his uncles feet. Yeonjun is Seunghyun nephew, who would always come to wake him up every morning since he moved back into his parents house.

“Okay, okay I will!” 

“Mom! Samchon is awake!”

 

Seunghyun got up and went to the bathroom to get ready and then proceeded to go to the dining area for breakfast. His dad was already sitting there with Yeonjun on his lap. His father was staring at him, “I know what you're thinking dad, you don't like my new job, you think I just wasted what I studied for. You want me to go back to the old me. The happy Seunghyun, but stupid.” Seunghyun exclaimed. His father sighed, “I understand why you need to change you lifestyle. I’m just worried about your motorcycle, it’s very dangerous in the highway. Can’t you j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter