ENTRY 02

REVERIE

                  She stood there, as clear as day. Her presence cut through the cloudiness of his mind. The very image of her in front of him, in person, sent waves of euphoria crashing over him—waves he hadn’t felt since the times that he’d spent with her, some time ago. Her back was to him, and he rose his hand out to reach for her. Doing so, he felt a bitter taste creep into his mouth. He felt every harsh word he’d ever said to her, he felt every sorrow fill his mouth, he felt what was the end of their once blissful love once again. Bumps formed on his skin as he came closer to reaching her. It all felt too nostalgic for him. Yet again, here we was, reaching for someone always out of grasp.

Suddenly, she turned around. He abruptly pulled his arm away, closely sticking it to his side.

“You’re back,” he began with a sigh, “I-I just happened to pass by you. I—”

She smiled, and Kyungsoo felt every nerve in his body shock him; he felt alive, electrified, like the gears in his mechanical body began galloping away at top speed. Words he’d heard before echoed in his head,

‘To love another, is to see the face of God.’

“Were you following me, Do Kyungsoo?” she asked, cheekily. He stood there blankly, mouth tightly shut. To say that he hadn’t heard her voice in a while, would be a lie. To say that out loud—that he missed her voice—would be abrupt, and a lie. Only he knew about how many hours he’d spent listening to her voicemails, repeating them over and over again until his heart was numb.

“No,” he lied.

“That’s a shame,” she replied, “I would’ve appreciated the gesture.”

“Oh,” he said, plainly, “I’m sorry then.”

They fell silent. He had so many questions that he wanted answers to. What was she up to? Where was she staying now? How many lovers has she had since him? His mind was running wild. He took a second to look at her face and noted how similar she looked to when he saw her last. He furrowed his brows. ‘When was the last time I saw her?’

“Is something wrong?” Jisoo asked. Kyungsoo awoke from his deep train of thought. “You’re so fixated on something. Does it happen to have anything to do with me?” Kyungsoo nodded.

“You wanna talk? Is that it?” again, Kyungsoo nodded. “We can go get coffee. Are you free?”

Kyungsoo mentally cursed to himself. In his haste, he completely forgot about what he had to do. He thought that he had nothing to lose, now that he was late. He could just skip it entirely, and spend the rest of the day with her. But then again, he was not brash, nor was he impulsive. Following her in the first place, was too much of a step away from the norm.

“No,” Kyungsoo said, “I have somewhere to be.” He watched disappointment paint her face, and she didn’t try to hide it. “Is your number the same? I can always call you, if you want to meet up.” She shook her head.

“I changed my number,” she said, “Hand me your phone.” Without delay, he handed her his phone.

“You never changed your password,” she remarked, grinning to herself, “Same old, same old, Do Kyungsoo.”

“I don’t mind being ordinary.” he said.

“Well,” she said, as she handed him his phone back, “You never were nor are ordinary, so cut the sappy melodrama out.”

“You have to be somewhere, right?” she continued, “Then get going already.”