INTRODUCTION

REVERIE

                  The of his magnum opus—of his life—were delicate, gentle, pale. He was not brash, nor was he impulsive. He was soft, and timid. He did not see the world through rose-colored glasses, he saw them through monochromatic lenses. He saw the world, as it was, as it is, and as it could be. Therefore, he treated everything, and everyone, with the same careful behavior.

The faraway look in his eyes captured more than just the mysteries of the limitlessness around him, but fixated around the plenty magnum opuses around him; their development, their colors, the feelings they evoke, and most importantly, their themes.

He was not a travelled man. Born and raised in Gyeonggi Province, all the way through middle school, high school, University, odd jobs, stable jobs—his heart burrowed itself into the soil, and has never left since. He only knew the streets he walked since he was a toddler, only knew the faces he’d seen since birth, only felt the springs, summers, autumns, and winters of his hometown.

And, because of this, he concluded that his magnum opus’ theme was the beauty of simplicity. He had always thought that the picture of his life captured images that most wouldn’t be able to see. The time between when the moon has set, but the sun hasn’t risen yet, the droplets of water that fall off of flower petals after a light shower of rain, the way the breeze and the leaves awry in the air come together for a waltz. ­

Do Kyungsoo saw the world through monochromatic lenses,

But she did not. Her magnum opus was deep, rich, vibrant, with loud colors and big words. She was brash, and impulsive, and she always sought after more.

More, more, more.

She wanted to see more, feel more, hear more, taste more—she wanted to enrich every part of her being. She couldn’t stay in one place for too long, she couldn’t be with someone for too long, she always wanted more; always something new, always wanting for something to tingle her senses in a way she hadn’t felt before.

Yet, her loud and clear existence, was a mystery. She’d disappear long before you could really read her, pin her down; the mystery of what she was thinking, what she was planning to do, where she would go next.

She was the image of youth and beauty. Her theme was exactly that.

Jeon Jisoo fell in love with life, with being alive. So much so, it killed her.