The Thirdwheel

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 29, 2016. Today is the day. I turned off my phone alarm. I get up and did some stretching. I washed up and wore neat clothes. I immediately called Chaeyoung.

“Hi Chaeyoung. It’s me Mina.”

“Mina unnie! How are you?”

“I’m doing fine. Uhm, I was wondering if you’re free today.”

“Hmm, I’m going out with Tzuyu today. Sorry unnie.”

“Ahh, I see.”

I was about to end the call when she interrupted.

“Uhm, would you like to come with us?”

I smiled widely.

“Really?  Would Tzuyu mind if I come with you?”

“She wouldn’t mind. Meet us at the cinema in 30 minutes unnie. See you.”

“Okay. See you.” I hang up.

I bit my lip trying to contain my happiness. I thought my plan wouldn’t work but I’m glad it did. I immediately headed to the cinema. I was smiling throughout the taxi ride. I felt like I’m having a date with Chaeyoung. Well, that Tzuyu will be there to ruin it, but oh well.

I finally reached the cinema. I paid the fare and get off the taxi. I can see them from a distance. It seems like they arrived earlier than me. I can see Chaeyoung cheerfully waving at me. I waved back. Tzuyu waved a little too. I walked towards them.

“Am I late?” I started the conversation.

“No. We just came too.” Chaeyoung answered.

“We already bought the tickets for us three. How about paying for the popcorn?” Tzuyu teased.

“Oh. Okay. The popcorn is on me.” I smiled.

We headed inside and found comfortable seats. Chaeyoung was seated between me and Tzuyu. It took about 5 minutes before the lights went out. The movie is finally starting. I can still clearly remember every scene in this movie so I didn’t pay much attention to it. I just munched on the popcorn. A little while later, the scenario I’ve been waiting for is about to happen. I suspiciously looked at them without turning my head to not make it obvious. Chaeyoung is about to hold Tzuyu’s hand. I acted fast and intentionally dropped my phone.

“Oh my god! I dropped my phone!” I panicked.

Chaeyoung got interrupted and looked at me.

“Can you guys open your phone flashlight? I can’t see it.” I asked nicely.

Tzuyu turned her phone flashlight on and then I finally took a sight of my phone. I picked it up.

“Sorry for the distraction guys.” I shyly said.

“No worries.” Tzuyu answered.

They all re-concentrated on the movie. I continued munching on the popcorn. I waited. I waited. I waited. Suddenly, Chaeyoung leaned on Tzuyu’s shoulders. Tzuyu got surprised and blushed.

“Do you guys have more popcorn? I finished mine already.” I interrupted.

Chaeyoung glanced back at me. She then sat properly.

She handed her popcorn to me. “Here. You can have it.” She smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter