The Day We Met

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The tree that was chopped down 2 weeks ago is standing again. Some houses and buildings looked a little different. Chaeyoung didn’t recognize me. Could it be that I travelled back the time Chaeyoung and I still haven’t met? I checked my original diary. Since today is January 17, I have to check when I met Chaeyoung.

January 18, 2016

Dear Diary,

Today I met a really pretty girl. I met her at the coffee shop. She was wearing a really nice dress. However, I spilled my coffee on her. I didn’t know what to do. I got so embarrassed and apologized to her a lot of times. Instead of getting angry for ruining her dress, she smiled at me and said it was okay. She said her name was Son Chaeyoung. We chatted for awhile and got to know her a little. She said I was so cool and asked if we could meet again tomorrow. I said yes. I can’t wait to see her again.

 

We were supposed to meet tomorrow. I sighed.

 

I’m dying of nervousness right now. What if she won’t be there tomorrow? Or things might happen differently? Whatever. I just have to go with this. For now, I have to write everything that’ll happen starting from now, in this other diary.

January 17, 2016

Dear Diary,

The weirdest thing happened today. I travelled back in time. I travelled back to the time before I met Chaeyoung. Tomorrow is the day that I’m supposed to meet her. I’m scared and excited at the same time. I hope things will turn out fine tomorrow.

 

Today is the day.

I put my best clothes on. I checked myself in the mirror lots of times. I even sprayed perfume.

I headed to the coffee shop. She’s still not here. I bought the coffee that I’m supposed to spill on her dress. This sounds rude though. I sat near the corner.

 

I gazed at the surroundings. This is a typical day for everyone. Today’s atmosphere is so good. It’s so peaceful in here though I can slightly hear people chatting that almost sounded like bees.

 

Here she comes. I looked up. It still surprised me even though I’ve seen her already yesterday. I still can’t believe that I still get the chance to see the face that I once lost already. I’m so overwhelmed that it’s making me tear up a little.

 She’s wearing the same dress she wore when I met her. It seems everything is going as expected. Now I just have to spill this coffee on her dress and everything will go in place.

 

But… Something held me back from getting up.

 

I paused.

 

I looked down.

 

It was my fault why Chaeyoung died. It was my fault. What if everything that happened will repeat itself? She might die again. She might die again because of me.

I clenched my fist. I wet my lips. I stared blankly at Chaeyoung. I couldn’t get up anymore.

 

Then…

 

My eyes grew big as I witnessed something I never expected.

Someone spilled coffee on her dress. It wasn’t me. It was someone else. This wasn’t supposed to happen. The person got so embarrassed and was so apologetic.

 

It seemed like… someone’s acting out my story in a movie.

 

Chaeyoung smiled and said it was fine.

In a little while, they sat together on one table. I couldn’t hear what they we’re talking about. I can only hear murmurs. But I’m definitely sure what it’s about.

 

I stared at them like a fool. I couldn’t do anything.

 

My coffee already got cold. I clenched my fist so hard that I almost ruined the cup.

 

I stood up. I left the coffee. I went out with a blank face.

 

And just like that, I lost her.

January 18, 2016

Dear Diary,

I was supposed to meet Chaeyoung today. But someone else did. I can clearly remember how she smiled at me that day. Now she’s giving that precious smile of hers to someone else. I just hope what I’m thinking is wrong. That person can’t possibly be getting the memories I’m going to have with Chaeyoung. This just can’t be possible.

 

A day has passed and I decided to see a friend. I dialed her number.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter