I Believe in Destiny

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I rushed out of the ice cream shop grabbing Nayeon’s wrist. I couldn’t stay in that place any longer. I had to say goodbye and lied about having to do something important. I walked hurriedly away from the shop that I didn’t realize I was grasping Nayeon’s wrist too tightly.

“Hey! Where are you taking me? My wrist is starting to hurt. What’s the rush anyway?” Nayeon exclaimed in annoyance.

I paused. I let go of Nayeon’s wrist.

“Sorry. I guess I got carried away.” I said calmly.

“Where are we going? I’ll follow you wherever you go. There’s no need to drag me like that, Babe.”

“I wanna take you to my apartment. And please, enough with the Babe. It’s disgusting.”

“Oh! I know we like each other but let’s not rush things Babe.”

“Can’t you be serious for once? I just want to talk to somebody.” I said with a poker face.

She just nodded and followed me along. She became quiet as we headed to my apartment. However, her usual smiling face never seems to vanish. She seemed like a person who doesn’t worry about anything. I wonder if that’s how she really is or that is just her façade.

We reached my apartment even without starting a conversation along the way. She sat on the sofa. She gazed at every corner of the house. She seemed like she’s trying to figure out what kind of person I am by how my place looked like. I went straight to the kitchen, took out some snacks and then I went to my bedroom, took out my two diaries and placed them on the center table in front of her.

“What are these notebooks doing here?” she asked while picking up the potato chips.

“I don’t really know what made me bring you all the way here to tell you this story. I believe that it must be fate that I met you today, so I want to trust you and believe that you’ll understand what I’m about to tell you.”

“Go on.” she said while munching the chips.

I started by handing out my two diaries to her. She scanned through the pages as I told my story. It took quite a while before I finished my story. She didn’t question, commented, nor reacted to anything I said. She just read the pages while giving off her usual smiling face. I couldn’t read her thoughts. I don’t know whether she believes me or she thinks I’m going crazy. It took quite a while before she finally spoke.

“Then why didn’t you just explain all of these to Chaeyoung? Things would’ve been a lot easier for you.” Nayeon spoke while placing the notebooks back to the table.

I was surprised that she didn’t even tell me I’ve gone crazy. She went straight to the point without even doubting whether my story is real or just a hallucination.

“It’s because I still believe in destiny. I believe that even though t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter