Part 2

Mistaken Locker

Wendy was nervously waiting for their reactions as they were currently reading the letter. She tried to read their facial expressions but could not exactly figure out what they were thinking.

"Wow!" Joy exclaimed with a teasing smile. "I never thought you would ever receive something like that!" Joy added after having read the letter, while Irene was trying to read it once more.

"Yeah... Neither did I..." Wendy exhaled loudly. "Irene, you also get tons of love letters, right?" She then asked her and Irene looked up from the letter.

"Yeah I do... But-"

"Then, how do you deal with it?" Wendy excitedly cut her off before she could continue.

"-I just go see them and then reject them. It's as simple as that." Irene calmly finished her sentence.

"You're so insensitive and heartless, Irene..." Joy sighed while shaking her head.

"I'm not!" Irene defended herself, raising her voice a little. 

"You are! You are not even trying to consider their confession!" Joy retorted.

"It's just that... I don't even know them! What do you want me to say? 'Hey ! It's my first time seeing you and I don't even know your name nor how your voice sounds like but, who cares? Yoohoo! Let's hook up!' No. I won't do that. Never."

"You're overreacting, Irene! You don't even try to get to know them! Maybe you've already rejected the one who was made for you!" Joy exclaimed.

"Yeah, right..." Irene said sarcastically. "They all write about how beautiful I am and how pretty my smile is... But I'm sure they don't know how I really am! They just like me for my looks! And it would just be a waste of time anyway... Believe me, Wendy. I don't think it's worth a try."

"Yeah, I agree with Irene on that. You should be careful about her. Besides, you should just tell her you don't know her and you don't want to engage yourself into something like dating when you don't even know her." Joy told her.

"But what if I want to try something out with her? I mean, nobody ever confessed to me before so..."

Joy and Irene exchanged looks between them.

"Are you really sure?" Irene asked her.

"You really really really want to go out with that girl?" Joy added.

"I'm not sure if I want to go out with her but... I want to get to know her, yeah... Why not?" She slightly shrugged her shoulders.

"Okay..." Joy nodded her head hesitatingly. "This is what you're going to do, okay? Listen carefully: you'll have to play hard to get."

"What? Why?" Wendy asked with surprise. 

"Just to make sure if she's serious about you or not... We don't want you to get hurt, I mean we don't even know her that much and you seem genuinely interested in her! What if she's just doing this out of a bet?" Joy said to her.

"Come on, Joy. Making bets is so overrated nowadays, nobody does that anymore. You're watching too much movies and series, I think it's time you should stop." Irene replied while rolling her eyes, making Wendy chuckle in delight. Of course Irene would think the same as her.

"Well ! We... We never know!" Joy grumped.

"But Wendy, what do you think of her?" Irene asked her, with a serious look on her face.

"Seulgi?" She took her time to think as she recalled what she had thought earlier. She did not really know the said girl that much but was it enough to stop her from knowing the latter? "I don't really know... I mean, I've never really spoken to her so... I'm not really sure..."

"That's not the question, Wendy!" Joy interrupted her. "What Irene meant is: would you actually bang-"

"Joy! Language please!" Irene reprimanded her. "You know I didn't mean it like that!"

"What? Are you the one who would- " She could not finish her sentence as a hand came in contact with .

"Don't listen to her. If you feel like you want to get to know her then go for it !" Irene said. "After all, you're the one who's received the letter, not us! You should be the one making decisions."

Silence then engulfed them as Wendy slowly nodded, still thinking she should do about Kang Seulgi. It had only been a little more than two hours since she had received the letter and yet, it felt as if long hours had passed by. She kind of getting tired of it. She really did not know what she should do. Maybe she should just stay still and act as if nothing had happened and if Seulgi ever asked her about it she would deny receiving the letter. But, somewhere in her, something was telling to go for it. Maybe it was the excitement of someone possibly liking her that made her feel a little rush of adrenaline in her veins. 

 

 

Joy and Irene were almost done with their food while Wendy still had not touched it as she was too deep in thought. The latter was about to continue eating when she jumped in surprise.

"Look! She's sitting over there!" Irene exclaimed.

"Who?" Joy asked, dumbfounded.

"Kang Seulgi, of course! Who else?" Irene replied, while rolling her eyes and nodding her head behind Joy.

Wendy and Joy then tried to discreetly turn around, in order to spot the said girl.

"She's alone! Come on! Now's your chance." Joy then pushed Wendy towards the table where Seulgi was currently at.

"What??? No, I'm not yet ready to talk to her. I need to think about what I'm gonna say to her beforehand."

"Just do like I've said before." Joy sighen before pointing her finger towards Wendy's cheek. "Play." Poke. "Hard." Poke. "To." Poke. "Get." Poke.

Wendy looked at Irene with a desperate look, only to receive a shrug as a reply from the latter.

"Okay... But I don't think that's really the right thing to do..." She sighed, Joy and Irene nodding at her to encourage her before making her way towards Seulgi.

 

 

 

It was finally lunch time and Seulgi did not know why time seemed to be passing so slowly. She still had not forgotten how she miserably failed to put the letter into Taeyeon's locker. That was why she had wanted to eat quickly before going back to the lockers. Her priority for the moment was to find who received the letter. However, she was now left alone, sitting at a table inside the cafeteria. She had to blame it on Krystal. It was her idea to make Seulgi eat alone in order for her wrong crush to go to her. She just had to lift her head to see her two friends looking oh not so secretly towards her. They were watching as they did not want to miss anything from her possible encounter with the letter's receiver. She thought she was being paranoid, every single glance thrown at her gave her cold sweat, thinking everyone knew about the letter and was currently judging her.

"Hi."

Seulgi then turned her head and saw a fidgeting girl standing in front of her. The girl seemed familiar to her but she could not remember her name.

"Hi." She simply replied, not forgetting to add a confused look toward the other girl whom Seulgi found quite stressed over something.

"Erm... I was wondering... Erm, Seulgi? Kang Seulgi?" She hesitatingly asked.

"Yes?" Seulgi replied while raising her eyebrows. She could see behind the unknown girl, at the opposite of the cafeteria, two figures agitating themselves. However, she could not interpret nor understand their movements.

"Erm... Are you the one who...No, I mean, of course it's you but-"

"Hey Wendy!" A quite familiar voice called out next to them.

Ah, that's right! Her name's Wendy. Seulgi widened her eyes a little after recognizing the girl.

However, her eyes could not grow any bigger when she saw who had just called the girl. Kim Taeyeon. Freaking beautiful goddess Kim Taeyeon was standing a few feet near her.

"Oh, Taeyeon Sunbaenim!" Wendy greeted her back, completely forgetting what she wanted to say to Seulgi. "How are you?"

"I'm fine and you?" Taeyeon replied while smiling to her, a small dimple appearing on her face making Seulgi internally squeal in delight.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just..." Wendy did not finish her sentence and looked at Seulgi, finally remembering why she was standing there.

Taeyeon then noticed the latter who had been looking at her the whole time since she came to see Wendy. "Oh! Sorry! Was I interrupting something?" She then looked again between the two before turning to Seulgi. "Hi. Seulgi, right?" She asked her, a smile still on her face.

"Y-yes Sunbaenim!" Seulgi quickly stood up, her eyes twinkling, and bowed to her. She could not help blushing as joy was invading her. Not only was it the first time she had spoken to her crush but also the latter actually knew her name!

"Well... No, you weren't interrupting us..." Wendy politely said as she did not want to seem disrespectful towards the older girl.

"Oh, is that so?" Taeyeon had a playful smile on her face when she looked at the two of them. "Well whatever, I just wanted to say hi." She ce more towards Seulgi. "And Seulgi, I heard you're quite the artist, you should definitely come and see us when we have a meeting for the music club."

"Y-yes, Sunbaenim, Thank you!" Seulgi bowed shyly once more, still standing up.

Wendy could not help but watch how the bear-like girl acted around Taeyeon. She could feel an explosion of admiration coming from the latter - or was it something else ? She was not sure but she could tell she had completely lost the latter's attention.

"Well, I guess I'll just see you around then!" Taeyeon waved to them, leaving a still awestruck Seulgi behind.

I need to tell Krystal and Amber what just happened!

"Seulgi..." Wendy called out the latter, however the latter could not hear anything at the moment.

And, without warning, she began to walk away.

"Wait, Seulgi! I-"

But it was too late, Seulgi was already gone, completely oblivious to the other girl.

"Well, I guess I'll just talk to you later then..." She then muttered under her breath, watching the other girl leave. She shook her head in dejection before making her way towards her classroom, not bothering to go back to where Joy and Irene were.

 

 

Seulgi looked around the cafeteria and her eyes found two familiar girls.

"Oh! You were here! I saw you earlier but couldn't figure out it was you two!" She said while pulling the chair to sit on. "Did you see that? Did you see Taeyeon Sunbaenim talking to me?" Seulgi excitedly said to them as soon as she was sitting. "She was talking to me! To. Me." She repeated while pointing to her chest.

"Are you kidding me? You clearly saw us before Wendy came to you! You were the one who told us to sit there so you'd be able to see us in case something would have gone wrong!"

"Yeah, and talking about Wendy... What did you do?" Krystal sighed. "You completely ignored her! You were so impolite!"

"No I didn't ignore her! I actually talked to her! She even asked me to come to the music club meeting and-"

"We're not talking about Taeyeon..." Amber cut her and shook her head.

"Oh, the other girl! Her name's Wendy! She was really kind! Well, I guess... I didn't talk to her that much now that I think of it. And she even knows Taeyeon Sunbaenim!"

"Wait... Why does it feel like you don't know Wendy?" Amber looked at her with an incredulous expression on her face.

"No, I don't know her... You know her?"

"Of course we know her! She's the president of the student council!"

"And I think she's also part of the music club, along with Taeyeon." Krystal added.

"Oh, yeah?" Seulgi smiled sheepishly. "Well... now I know!"

"What did she want?" Amber asked.

"Yeah, what did she say? And why did you leave so early?" Krystal added.

"Erm... Well, she..."

"Oh god, Seulgi! Don't tell me you didn't listen to what she had to say!" Amber threw her arms in the air.

"But Taeyeon was in front of me and even talked to me! What did you want me to do?" Seulgi tried to defend herself. "By any chance... Is she the one who got my letter?"

"That's why we were giving you signs! How can you be so dumb, Seulgi! You were waiting for the person who received your letter and you didn't even make the link!" 

"I must say you're disappointing me, Seulgi..." Krystal sighed.

"I'll try to look for her... But not today I still have classes this afternoon and detention after that..."

 

 

 

As Wendy was waiting for her teacher to come in, Irene sat down next to her while Joy took a chair nearby and sat down on it in front of Wendy.

"So... You seem a little bit down. Tell us what happened." Irene began.

"Well, I couldn't say much to her... As soon as Taeyeon Sunbaenim came, she seemed really starstruck. It was like she had forgotten I was also there..."

"Well, maybe she's a huge fan of her and got shy in front of her? You know, a lot of people here are quite fond of her, she must be part of them."

"Yeah, maybe..." Wendy seemed dejected and it pained Joy and Irene.

"She didn't even hear what you had to say?" Joy asked her, anger evident in her voice. "You went to her and she ignored you? She doesn't remember she wrote you a freaking love letter?"

"Maybe she got shy when she was in front of Wendy." Irene tried to calm Joy.

"Either way, Taeyeon Sunbaenim invited her to come to the music club one of these days. Maybe I'll get to talk to her more there."

"Yeah, right. And what if the next time you go to her, she ignores you once again? You should definitively give up. She's obviously not serious about it." Joy was still fuming.

"I don't know..." Wendy sighed.

"Don't worry too much about it, okay?" Irene placed a hand on her shoulder. "You should take it slow for now. Just see if she comes to you by herself, okay?"

Wendy only nodded in response as the teacher came in.