Part 6

Mistaken Locker

"What are you thinking about?" Amber nudged Krystal as they were still sitting inside the café near their high school. She had seen the girl was lost in her own thoughts for quite some time now.

"What?" Krystal went out of her reveries. She was already imagining tons of scenarios inside her head and had nearly forgot where she was.

"You've been silent since earlier and you even ignored Sehun..."

"Oh really? Sorry, Sehun. What were you saying?" Krystal turned toward him, her face apologetic. She really did not notice anyone talking to her before Amber broke her free from her thoughts.

"What? Hmm... Can't remember..." Sehun then continued talking to Seulgi, laughing childishly with her to whatever he had said before.

"Well, I guess it wasn't that important, right ?" Krystal only shrugged her shoulders as the others resumed their conversation.

 

 

"Seriously what's wrong with you?" Amber told Krystal while they were walking home. The latter had been really quiet and although she was not that much of a talker, she usually exchanged a lot with Amber, especially when they would walk together.

"I'm just worried about that essay we have to write... I don't know what to talk about."

"What? But don't we have like three weeks to do it? You're always extra quick when it comes to this... Are you sure that's the only reason?" Amber eyed her suspiciously.

"Ok, I'll tell you later " She whispered.

"Alright. But you'd better tell me, I won't forget about it!" 

 

 

 

The next day, Wendy was sitting inside the student council's room. All the members were holding an ordinary meeting, though she did not really know why they had to. As she was the president, she was the one doing nearly all the talking. She could sense most of them were pretty bored and wanted nothing more than the end of the meeting.

Then one thought entered her head. She had to ask them about that dating rumor featuring a council member, just to be sure. She had a little hope it was not about Seulgi and her. After all, they truly were not dating fo God's sake! It was a misunderstanding, that student that came to them the other day had surely mistaken the situation Seulgi and her were in. Now was the time to ask, she thought. At least, she would be able to know if the rumor was truly involving her or not.

"Okay... Now, thank you everyone for your hard work!" Wendy concluded. "Erm... Just before you go, have you heard of some sort of rumors?" She added. She did not know what expression was on her face. Was it a nonchalant one or a severe one?

"What? Rumors? About what?" One of them asked.

"A-about one of us dating..." Wendy stuttered and tried to hide her flushed cheeks by lowering her head a little.

By lowering her head, she did not notice how a certain girl was fidgeting in her seat. She could not see their faces but she could hear the silence which suddenly engulfed the meeting room. And as they said, silence meant yes. But yes about what? She was not sure, so she lifted her head and took a look a the student council's members.

"Well..." Hyoyeon began but widened her eyes when she noticed all the stares directed to her, including Wendy's hopeful one. "Ah! It's not me, I swear! But I heard about them too! That's all I wanted to say..."

"I also heard them too, but just like Hyoyeon, it's not me... Nobody from the student council's dating anyone, right?"  Kai said, but Wendy did not notice her as she was bringing down her shoulders and sighing.

So I guess it really is about Seulgi and me...

After having dismissed the members, Wendy decided to stay a little inside the meeting room. She was wondering if she should have said it was her and Seulgi, so that the others would be able to silence the rumor. However, as she was still deep in her thoughts, she did not notice someone approaching her.

 

 

Luna clearly also heard those rumors. And she was sure Victoria had heard them too. After all, both of them were concerned by this rumor thanks to the ruckus they had made some days ago when they were bickering in front of the student council's room. She sighed silently. She did not have the courage to announce it to the others earlier but now that she was alone with Wendy, she decided she should tell her. It was natural of her to do so as the president seemed quite disturbed by it. Or maybe it was because of something else, she was not sure. Still, she decided to go talk to the other girl.

"Erm... Wendy..." Luna interrupted the other girl when she was close enough to the president. "Do you have a minute to spare? I have something to tell you."

"Yes, of course! What is it?" Wendy looked up to the other girl with a small smile on her face. 

"Well, about that rumor you know..." Luna could feel herself blushing a little. "I know who it is about..."

"What? You do?" Wendy exclaimed and Luna nodded a little in response to her question. "How did you know?" She added, quite anxious.

"Well that's the whole point..." Luna seemed clearly embarrassed. "I know because it's about Victoria and me, but we're not really dating! It's just some rumors because we're close to each other and I may or may have not covered for her when she did not attend detention but..." Luna rambled.

"Oh..." It was all Wendy could say, as she was staring at Luna and trying to integrate everything in her little brain.

"You're not mad I hope..."

"No, I'm not mad! Not at all! Actually I'm quite glad to hear that!" Wendy could not help feeling relieved after hearing the rumors were not about Seulgi and her.

"Really? So it's okay if i continue covering for Victoria?" Luna smiled sheepishly.

"What? You covered for her???"

That's what I just said. Didn't she hear me?

"Yeah..." She lowered her head.

"You only do that with Victoria, don't you?"

"Yes! Only with her." Luna assured her.

"Well I guess it's okay then." Wendy said, her mood had clearly been lifted.

It's now or never... Luna suddenly thought.

"Was there any changes with the lockers? I mean, has anyone changed their locker recently?" Luna casually asked the president. "I think there was something strange with the lists and all... I swear it would be a lot easier if everything was on computer!" Luna continued, scrutinizing Wendy's face.

"Well, actually..." Wendy replied while scratching her neck, making Luna surprised. "I already asked the school if we could get a software or something like that but I still haven't got any answer yet. Or we could actually just use a spreadsheet or something like that I guess."

Suddenly the bell rang, indicating the two high schoolers were already late to class.

"I think we should go, it would be bad if even student council's members were late, right?" Wendy quickly packed her things and made her way toward the door. "See you around!"

Okay, that's clearly odd... Luna thought to herself as she was left flabbergasted. She seemed really relieved to know it was me... Could it be because... Because she thought it was her? No, she's too serious about school to even think about dating... First, the locker and now the dating thing... What's going with you these days Wendy?

 

 

 

Seulgi asked herself what she was going to do with the letter. She was in front of her locker, taking her school supplies. Should she try once more? No... She did not want to make a mistake once more, she would not risk another fail like that. It was too humiliating, hopefully Amber and Krystal would only about it. And there was Wendy... She was sure the other girl was laughing at her for being so dumb... But she needed to stop thinking like that, the president of the student council, as she had learned, seemed really kind and would not do anything like laughing at her. And it was not so bad now since she could attend the music club and meet Taeyeon there as often as she could. They could be considered friends she thought, so it would certainly feel awkward to give her the letter, right ? Maybe she should get more acquainted with Taeyeon then confess her feelings to the older girl. However she was not sure how she would do it, she had thought the letter was the most romantic and easy thing to do. She sighed a little. Maybe she would need to do more thinking if she wanted the older girl to accept her confession.

She then heard the bell ringing, reminding her not be late to her next class. Just as she was shutting her locker, she noticed a figure running.

Isn't that... Wendy? She thought with a smile before making her way to her next lesson.

 

 

 

It was lunch time, students were happy to have a break but Wendy only wished for one thing : for the day to come to an end quickly. She was tired, exhausted even. She had nearly come late to her history class, fortunately she had run fast enough to come inside the classroom before her teacher. She wondered if Luna had made it in time to her class. She did not know what to think about the rumor, about the Victoria-Luna dating thing. Were they even dating? Wendy was not sure as she had not really seen them before standing side by side so she wondered how they looked together. No, she should not be thinking about that. She should be glad, happy even, to know the rumor was not about her. But what if... What if the rumor was not about Luna after all? What if the rumors were really about Seulgi and her? No, she should stop thinking about that. And even if this kind of rumors would come out, Seulgi would surely shut them all and tell them the truth.

Wendy shook her head, she really needed to stop thinking about it and get over it. She needed to rest, a well deserved rest. But for now she had to keep going through this day before she would be able to do so.

She was actually waiting for her two friends to come when someone approached her.

"Hi Wendy!" A familiar voice said, making Wendy lift her head toward this person.

"Oh, hi Taeyeon Sunbaenim!" Wendy said, trying not to sound awkward.

Well, how strange it feels to talk to her now...

"How are you? You seem tired. I hope you're not too tired because of your exams and your revision!"

"Ah, I'm good. Thank you. Don't worry about me." She answered while smiling.

"Good. Now I hope you'll come back to the music club with us. It's strange to train without one of our main vocals!"

 "Yeah, I'll come tomorrow I think."

"That's good. Oh and you know Seulgi asked about you the other day when we were training."

"Ah really?"

Why would she ask about me? Maybe she wants to watch during the music club, to make sure I don't tell Taeyeon about her little secret... There's no way she was worried about me...

"She... She didn't say anything else, did she?"

"Anything else? Like what?" Taeyeon frowned a little.

"No, nothing." Wendy shook her head.

"Well, see you soon, Wendy! Enjoy your lunch!"

"Thank you! You too!" She said while Taeyeon waved at her.

Hopefully, Irene and Joy came later on and did not see her little exchange with Taeyeon nor did they hear what they had said. Otherwise, she would not be spending a peaceful lunch with her friends as she was right now.

 

 

 

"Okay, seriously. What's going on?" Amber asked her while shutting Krystal's locker. "I know you've been worrying about something and it's not about some essay or whatever. Come on, now tell me. You're scaring me."

Krystal sighed. "Okay. Come with me, let's talk somewhere else." She took her by her arm.

Once they arrived in the schoolyard, they sat comfortably on a bench.

"You know the other day at the café. Sehun said something about wanting to change his locker, right?" Krystal began and Amber only nodded at her, wanting to know more about it. "Well that's not what attracted my attention but rather what he said just after that. Do you remember what he said?"

"Hmm... He couldn't change his locker?" Amber asked skeptically.

"Yes. But again, that's not really important. He then said that he heard Wendy had changed her locker recently."

"Oh yes! I remember he was quite upset about it! She thinks she can do everything because she's the student council's president! How come she can do that and other students can't! That's so unfair..." Amber rambled and Krystal rolled her eyes.

"Amber. Please focus. Wendy. Locker. Wendy. Locker. Does it ring a bell or not?"

"Hmm... No?"

"Then if I say Seulgi put a letter inside a locker then Wendy came up to her unexpectedly, because you and I know Wendy and Seulgi aren't even close to each other. And then with some kind of magic, the letter is inside the locker as if nobody had read it? Don't you find it strange?"

"Well, stop. Wait a minute." Amber shook her hands in the air, trying to collect every single piece of information Krystal had given her. "So what you're trying to say is that Wendy may have received the letter?"

"Yes."

"But why? I mean... Do you really think Wendy received the letter?"

"Yeah and that's why she came to Seulgi that day during lunch." Krystal replied.

"What? Didn't she come because of Seulgi's detention?" Amber scratched her head.

"I have a feeling it was not because of that. Besides, there are too many evidences she actually received it."

"Now you got me curious, tell me more about it!"

"Well, I just think she actually received it. But what I can't understand is why she didn't tell Seulgi she was the one who received it... Maybe she didn't know how to reject Seulgi. Or maybe at some point she realized it wasn't meant for her. I still don't know the reason..."

"Hmm... Maybe you're right... Do you think we should confront her?"

"I don't know to be honest..."

"But how did you find all of that?"

Again, Krystal shrugged her shoulders. "I just felt something was strange and it was too good to be true. The locker where the letter was was actually empty and didn't belong to anybody? No, it was really strange, even Wendy's behavior seemed off."

"Hmm... It's true that the fact that the locker didn't have any owner is really suspicious... But what if it's not Wendy but someone else from the student council? Someone who'd be able to change his or her locker easily. And let's say Wendy really came to Seulgi that day about detention?"

"That's true... Sehun only heard Wendy changing her locker, so he doesn't know if anybody else changed it." Krystal thought about it.

"Krystal, you try to talk to Luna about it." Amber interrupted the said girl's thoughts. "She's part of the student council, she might know something about it!"

"What? But why me? Can't you do it?" Krystal did not want to be pushed around.

"You know exactly why, Krystal!"

"And what if she doesn't know anything about! And what if we got it all wrong? Won't we look weird after that? They're gonna find us crazy or something..." Krystal exaggerated.

"Please, Krystal. It's for Seulgi!"

"Okay, okay! But you know how much I can't stand her! Always trying to flirt with you even when I'm around!"

"Come on, you know she's not flirting with me! Besides, it's not like we're dating or anything of the sort, right? Amber added.

"Okay. But stay behind and don't say anything to anyone, okay?"

Amber nodded furiously.

"Not even Seulgi!"

"Yes Madam!" Amber saluted.