Part 1

Mistaken Locker

This was finally it.

It took her nearly three entire days to write the love letter since she had wanted it to be perfect but it was now ready to be delivered. She did not want to give her crush a childish love letter, no. She had carefully thought about what to write and now she was sure, it was going to be perfect. She even perfumed it with her favorite fragrance, just like she had seen in movies.

Seulgi had wanted to make sure she would be the only one in the corridors where the locker number 389 was located. It was hard enough for her to decide what to write inside the yellow letter without falling into the cringe-worthy confession, but it was even harder to finally put it inside the locker 389 without anyone seeing it. That was why she woke up late on purpose, so that everybody would already be in class and would not be able to see her. Even if somehow some students were late like her, there was less chance for them to cross paths with her or to see her.

She was at the moment standing in front of a blue locker where the number 389 was written. Seulgi smiled, it was her crush's favorite color. She quickly looked around her to check if she was indeed the only one standing there. She then put the letter through the fence while making sure it would not get damaged before going to the classroom where she was supposed to be at this hour of the day.

 

 

She softly knocked on the door and waited for an approval from the other side before coming inside. She had already prepared an excuse as to why she was late. The famous 'my parents' car broke down' sentence while making a dejected look on her face as well as a small pout. She could not find anything else to do or say, at least, she did not know how to do anything else. Besides, it was safe to say the teacher did not know she always came to school by taking the bus, did he?

Once she heard her teacher yelling at her to come inside, she quickly began her act.

"Sorry for being late, I-" Seulgi was cut off by her teacher before she could finish her lame excuse.

"Yeah, yeah. Hurry up and go to your seat, I don't want to hear your excuse since I'm sure it's again some fiction you've made up."

Some of her classmates laughed at her and she shot them a glare but it did nothing to stop them from laughing. She did not say anything and went to her seat while shooting a smile at Krystal.

As soon as she was sitting, she fished her phone out as she was already getting bored of whatever the teacher was saying and decided to text her best friend Krystal. The latter was sitting a row behind her and was the one who helped her find the locker of her sunbae and girl crush, Kim Taeyeon. Jessica, Krystal's sister, was friend with Taeyeon and told Krystal - after much persuasion from the latter - which locker belonged to Seulgi's crush.

It's done. I just have to wait for her answer now :D - Seulgi

Good ;) Nobody saw you? - Krystal

Nope :p - Seulgi

 

She was getting even more bored so she decided to scroll up the different messages she and Krystal had sent to each other over the past few days. She then came across the message where Krystal told her she had found out Taeyeon's locker. She thought again of how anxious she was just before finally putting the letter into the locker.

"The light blue locker..." She smiled as she recalled the locker. She then carried on reading the text. "Number 309... 3-0-9... 309?" She rapidly whispered before opening her eyes wildly. "Oh no! I put it in the locker 389! I got it wrong! What am I gonna do?" Seulgi nearly shouted while lifting her head up in a fast movement, making everyone look at her.

"Seulgi!" Her teacher shouted at her and she quickly hid her phone under her desk. "Not only did you come late, but also you disturb my class!" Her teacher shouted at her but she could not care less. Something bigger and much more important than his lesson - according to her - bothered her. She needed to find the person who owned the locker number 389.

"Whatever..." She muttered back to him, making him glare at her for responding back.

She then turned back discreetly, trying to catch Krystal's attention. When she successfully did, she made some gestures to make Krystal understand she had an urgent problem and she would tell her later. Unfortunately for her, she got caught by her teacher.

"Kang Seulgi!!! You're really getting on my nerves today! Detention for you tonight!" He shouted at her even more loudly than before, leaving Seulgi groaning.

 

 

"You did what?" Amber said, while laughing at her along with Krystal. "You put it in the wrong locker? How could you be so dumb, Seulgi? And here I thought you had prepared your confession so well!"

It was recess time and Seulgi, Krystal and Amber were sitting on a bench in the schoolyard, trying to chill out but it seemed impossible for the moment for Seulgi.

"Don't remind me. I can't believe I made such a mistake ! I don't even know who owns the locker 389 ! I really need to find who it is... " She then put her head down on her hands. "I didn't even write Taeyeon's name in it ! They're gonna think it's for them ! I hope whoever it is won't tell anyone about it." She then sighed loudly. "The locker was also light blue! How could I mistake 389 for 309???"

"And you even got detention after classes !" Krystal reminded her.

"Oh please don't remind me... I swear, that teacher really hates me." Seulgi sighed.

"Speaking of the letter, why aren't you now not far from the locker to find out who owns it?"

"I didn't think of that! I wanted to tell you so you could help me... I don't really know what to do now..."

"Well then... Did you write your name on it?" Krystal asked her.

"Of course I did! Now, whoever received the letter is gonna laugh at me and tell everyone about it!" Seulgi then ruffled her hair in annoyance. "Argh! I'm so done with my life!" Seulgi sighed again with frustration.

Seeing the state of their friend, Amber and Krystal exchanged knowing looks before nodding to each other.

"Seulgi! Look right there, it's Taeyeon Sunbaenim!" Amber suddenly exclaimed while looking far from where they were.

"Oh, you're right she's over there!" Krystal also said, acting just like Amber did.

Seulgi head snapped up and looked all round her to catch a glimpse of her.

"Where? Where?" She then stood up, all her previous worries scattering in the air. "She's already gone? Just wait for me here, I'm gonna see where she went!" She then chased after whom she thought was Taeyeon, almost running since she wanted to catch a glimpse of her, even from afar.

"Good job!" Krystal and Amber lightly laughed and high-fived each other.

"What are we gonna do about that letter and its recipient?" Amber asked once their laughter died a little.

"I think they will come from themselves to Seulgi. Don't you think so?"

"Maybe..." Amber merely shrugged as an answer.

 

 

 

It was finally recess time, which meant Wendy could breathe a little as she was submerged by all the work the teachers had given to her. She was standing in front of her locker since she needed to take her math book for the next class. When she opened her locker, she was surprised to see a yellow letter inside it.

She carefully took it out before looking around her, thinking that maybe she would find the person who put it in. However, there was too much people to find out who it was. She put the letter into her bag before taking her math book and closing her locker in order to go to a calmer place where she could open the letter and read it without being disturbed.

She arrived near the staircase which was located far from the main hall of the school. Wendy knew she would be at ease there and would not be interrupted by anyone. She then took out the yellow letter and she wondered if she should open it or not. She was kind of surprised to have received a letter. She eventually decided to open it as she sat down on the stairs. She then felt her nostrils vibrating from a nice fragrance coming from the light blue paper. She was confused as to who gave it to her and why. She eventually decided to read it but began by the end of it, as she wanted to know who would write something like that to her.

Kang Seulgi

Kang Seulgi? Wendy frowned a little while thinking about the familiar name.

Of course she knew Seulgi. She was one of the school's best dancers and Wendy knew she also sang a little, but was it really from her? They had never spoken that much so it seemed strange for Wendy to receive such a letter from her. Nevertheless, she was curious as to what was written on it.

She then read all the letter and felt her heart warming up at what was written but, as she wanted to read it all once again, the bell rang, signaling the end of recess time. She sighed before folding the letter and putting it into her bag. She then made her way to the classroom.

 

 

Wendy was supposed to be solving the equations written on her sheet paper but her mind was way too occupied by the letter to do anything else. She recalled some parts of the letter in her head. She then decided to write the different parts which bothered her - in a good way - and which made her feel curious.

 

1. A girl (Kang Seulgi) was confessing her love to her.

Of course, people are more open-minded nowadays. Still, it's the first time it happens to me... Someone's confessing to me... A girl on top of that! And I don't even know her that much!

 

2. Kang Seulgi put a letter in my locker.

    a. Maybe it is not from Kang Seulgi but from someone else who wants to put a prank on me.

     No, we're in high school for God's sake ! No one would such a childish thing... Right?

 

    b. Maybe Seulgi wants to put a prank on me., or maybe it's a bet.

     No, Seulgi is not the kind of person to do something like that.

 

    c. Maybe she put it in the wrong locker.

    No, when you write something like that and put it in a locker, it's because you know to whom belongs the locker you're putting the letter in, right? But no name is mentioned in it...

 

2. She knows my favorite color is light blue.

Well, it's not that difficult, I'm wearing this color nearly everyday. I even have my bag, my pencil case and my guitar case in that color too!

 

3. She heard me singing in the music room.

Could it be that she heard me when I singing in that music room. It's true I often go there to sing during the evening, but I've never seen anyone before... Was she too shy to talk to me?

 

4. She thinks my voice is the most beautiful she has ever heard.

Well, that's what my mother also says. But she's my mother, she says it because she fully supports me.

 

5. She fell in love with me after hearing me sing in that music room.

Is it even possible to fall in love just like that? Isn't it only possible in books and films?

 

6. When she saw me face-to-face, she fell even deeper for me.

What did she find in me? It's not like I'm as beautiful as Taeyeon Sunbaenim or her friend, Tiffany Sunbaenim, or even Jessica Sunbaenim... Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a firm voice.

 

"Wendy!" Her teacher called out to her. "I see you writing a lot on your paper, would you mind showing me what you did for the equation number 8?"

"Hmm..." Wendy pretended to be thinking while looking at her paper, filled with anything but math equations. "It's because I can't find the answer so... I'm erasing everything and trying all kind of things again and again. Erm...I just don't have anything that seems correct for the moment... But I'll show you once I've found it!"

"Ah, really?" Her teacher nodded his head before shaking it side to side in disappointment. "That's too bad for you, Wendy." Her teacher said. "We've already corrected equation number 8. See?" He then pointed the board where all the steps were written. "It's not the first time I've seen you dozing off during my lesson. You know what it means, don't you?"

"No?" She hesitatingly replied.

"Detention for you after classes today!" He said while writing something on a book on his desk.

"Sorry?" Wendy was surprised, she never ever went to detention before, at least not as a punished student. She was not the kind of student to cause trouble. In fact, she was part of the school council. "But I'm the one who's supposed to supervise detention tonight..." She mumbled loud enough for him to hear her. It was a lie, she was not supposed to supervise it. But he would not be aware of it, would he?

"Is that so? Well, in that case... I'm just warning you for today. But be careful Wendy I won't go easy on you next time."

 

 

It was lunch time and Wendy had met with her friends, Joy and Irene in the refectory.

"What happened to you during math class? I saw you writing like crazy on your paper, I thought you were sick since it seemed like you were solving all the equations!" Joy exclaimed.

"I also got worried." Irene nodded. "Tell us, what happened during recess time? You were nowhere to be found." Irene added.

"I received a love letter and I read it during recess." Wendy confessed.

"What? A love letter?" Irene asked, surprised to hear such a thing from Wendy.

"From who? A secret admirer?" Joy asked, surprised as well.

"Sort of a secret admirer... It's from a certain Kang Seulgi." Wendy replied.

Irene and Joy's eyes widened and they looked at each other with confusion written all over their faces.

"Are you sure it's from her and that it was for you? I mean, you barely speak to each other, right?" Irene said.

Wendy nodded. "And it seems she knows a lot of things about me, like my favorite color." She said. "And she even heard me sing before!"

"She did?" Joy asked her.

"Yeah!" Wendy nodded enthusiastically. "Look, I'm gonna show you the letter." Wendy then proceeded to take out the said letter in order to show it to her two extremely curious friends.