Bonus Chapter: 4

Be A Better Man

Jeno dumped his school bag on the floor and ran towards Mark and Jaemin’s room with a paper bag in his arms. The couple decided that they should just live with Mark’s parents for safety. It has been three years since the two got married and things had never been better. Jeno quickly sat beside Jaemin who was resting on his and Mark’s bed while rubbing his baby bump, the boy quickly kissed the bump and handed his hyung the paper bag that he had brought. “Jaemin hyung, when will the baby come out?” he asked while poking it gently, Jaemin could only smile and pinch his left cheek “very soon” he answered before taking a peek on of what’s inside the bag. Jaemin gasped in surprise and patted the boy’s head “is that for me?” he asked while taking a piece of the choco bread that the younger had brought. Jeno nodded while smiling cutely at them.

 

“Jeno~ did you do your homework already? Let Jaemin hyung rest~” his mother called. The younger jutted his lips before replying, “coming mommy!” he got off the bed and pecked Jaemin’s tummy, “byebye baby” he whispered then ran downstairs to where Ten was.

 

Jaemin chuckled and opened his mouth so that his husband could feed him some bread, “he reminds me of you when your mom was pregnant with him" he grinned while chewing. “I thought he’d be upset about the news but he’s happy so thank goodnesss for that” he smiled and kissed his forehead, “oh why are you home early?” the younger wondered. “Dad wants me to go home early so I can take care of you and he always makes sure that I can take care of you” he smiled and fed him some more.

 

Jaemin would usually send a text to his husband before calling him so that he can make sure that he’s not disturbing him a lot. His calls would always be short and sweet but sometimes he’d ask him to buy whatever he was craving. Mark’s younger brother Jeno also looked after him and so did Ten and Taeyong, his parents would also visit him or he’d sometimes visit them when Mark is free from his work. Jeno by this time was already 9-years old but his way of thinking was of an adult because he has no one at his age to play with him at home, the younger always made sure to tend Jaemin when his older brother and parents weren’t around.

 

Jaemin right now is 5 months pregnant, they found out about his pregnancy during the third month when the latter’s morning sickness became evident. When he had told their parents about it, both were quite ecstatic about the news. He had bad mood swings and Mark would do this best to understand him whenever it occurred even though he’s sometimes at his wits end whenever he comes home tired and stressed from work and the mood swings would just happen. The couple decided to keep the baby’s gender a secret during the younger’s pre-natal checkups, they’d only ask if their baby was healthy and safe and luckily it’s both healthy and safe. Mark’s family is very hands on with him especially Ten who had understood him well, he’s thankful for his husband’s family who supports them until the very end.

 

On the 6th month of his pregnancy, because of Jaemin’s mood swings he and Mark had a fight but it was only because the younger misunderstood his husband because of the hormones that were acting up. The older went home too tired for his own sake together with his father and they were welcomed by Ten because Jeno was already asleep. It was past 11pm and his mother ushered them to take their dinner but he excused himself because of the tiredness that he was feeling, when he went up he saw Jaemin sitting up from their bed with his arms crossed. “Hey why aren’t you asleep yet?” he smiled tiredly and caressed the younger’s face, “why didn’t you come home early?” he raised an eyebrow “I was with dad and we had a lot of work to do” the older answered before strutting towards their closet for a change of clothes. “You could have called me! How should I know if you were actually at work or you’re out playing hooky with your workmates” “wha-Jaemin that’s ridiculous why would I go out with my workmates if my own father watches me like a hawk?” he groaned in frustration before getting on the bed. “So if you’re father wasn’t the boss you’d go play hooky with your workmates?” Mark could only look at his husband with an incredulous expression, “just go to sleep Jaemin…we’re both tired. Let’s talk tomorrow” he sighed. “No! Just tell me honestly if you went out with them” he insisted, “I did not go out with them so just go to sleep” he growled. Mark’s patience was growing thin this evening, he was tired and stressed and his husband’s hormones just managed to make his day more wonderful, sarcastically speaking. “Lee Minhyung if you just tell me honestly then I might let it go” “what the hell? What do you want me to do? Lie to you so that you’ve proven me guilty of the one you’re accusing me of doing even though I didn't do it?” and the older finally snapped. He got up and grabbed his pillow then he marched towards Jeno’s room to spend the night there. Jaemin only came back to his senses when he heard their door shut close and Mark wasn’t beside him anymore, he got up and followed Mark when he heard Jeno’s door open and close. “I’m sorry” he whispered and hugged his husband whom he thought was fast sleep, “I should have listened to you…I’m blaming my hormones for this” he caressed his husband’s face gently before planting a soft kiss on his lips. Mark opened his eyes and looked at him, “I’m sorry for snapping…I was tired” he pecked Jaemin’s lips “Please let me sleep, I need sleep so I can grow taller than hyung” they heard Jeno grumble in his sleep. They chuckled and apologized before heading back to their room again to get some sleep.

 

 

Jeno came to his father’s office with his mother trailing behind him; he smiled brightly welcoming his youngest who seemed giddy about something. Ten sat on the couch inside his husband’s office and rested there, “please let me rest for a while. I’m tired” he said. “Daddy I’m top in class” he jumped up and done while showing his father his grades, Taeyong chuckled and took the paper “okay sit down, don’t jump too much” he ruffled the boy’s hair and checked his grades. “Wow~ that’s impressive. Good job baby!” he kissed the boy’s forehead and glanced at Ten who was sleeping on the couch, “tell daddy what you want as a gift” he grinned and thought about it for a while, “family dinner? With all the uncles and the hyungs and the noonas” he smiled. Taeyong nodded and grabbed his phone to make a reservation for this evening.

 

Mark got out of the bathroom after taking a quick shower before they went out for dinner, he saw Jaemin staring at his own reflection in front of the mirror, his hand on his tummy. He made his way towards the younger and wrapped his arms around him from behind, “just a month more” he kissed his cheek before turning towards their closet for a pair of casual clothes. “I’m nervous~” he looked at his husband and sighed softly, Mark held his hand and brought it closer to his lips and kissed it “I’ll be right here” he reassured him. “Hyung~” Jeno called out from outside their room, “dad’s waiting” he said before heading downstairs. The family decided to use only one car for this evening since Jeno had suggested it and they had thought that it was a great idea as well. Ten and Jeno were singing some random English songs inside the car while moving to the groove, Taeyong found it amusing that Jeno is that playful when it comes to them but pretty serious at school. “Daddy listen…I will do Changmin hyung’s high note in Mirotic…feel my rocker feel” everybody in the car was looking at him and they started laughing, the youngest would be a great stress reliever to them at times and they were thankful because of that.

 

They were now seated in front of the long dinner table, the adults started ordering and Taeyong made sure that Jeno has what he wants from the menu list. Jaemin was busily chatting with his mother and father whilst Ten was having an argument with Doyoung about who does Mark and Jaemin’s baby should look like. “I’m telling you, all the genes should be Mark’s. the baby can have Jaemin’s traits” Ten crossed his arms while sticking his tongue out at Doyoung, “nope…no way Chittaphon, the kid should look like a mixture of both parents” the latter retorted. “Dad, why did you marry mom again?” Donghyuck asked his father Jaehyun who was sharing a cake with Jeno, “love is blind” his younger brother Jisung commented. “Very blind~” Donghyuck added receiving a hit on the back of his head from his mother, “I heard that you shrimp” his mother hissed and glared at him. “Calm down super mom~” Taei l snickered earning a flick on the forehead from Doyoung, the oldest among them rubbed his forehead and glared at him “Jung Yoon Oh, I don’t even know why you married this aggressive mammal!” he pointed at Doyoung and exchanged seats with Johnny to avoid getting hit. “I’m still gonna hit him you know…” he grinned and continued bickering with Ten.

 

“So, any ideas about the gender?” Hansol asked while holding his son’s hand, Jaemin shook his head and smiled “we decided to keep the gender unknown until I give birth” his father only nodded and looked at Mark who was talking to Yuta about work and their adjustments during Jaemin's pregnancy. Jaemin’s parents were happy that they were taking good care of their youngest as expected from their friends they always make sure that Jaemin is well and healthy and that he gets some fresh air too. When the food arrived everybody felt silent and started digging in, Taeyong was feeding Ten since he missed feeding the younger. He has been busy with work that he leaves his husband alone too often, although Ten would tell him that’s okay and he understands because he’s working for their family he still feels sorry about it. Jeno looked at his parents and grinned while eating, “your mommy and daddy are very sweet” Hina commented while looking at Jeno’s parents. “Mommy and Daddy miss each other, daddy rarely spends time with mommy because of work” he replied a lot startling Hina, “you know so much for a little kid” she chuckled “you must be pretty independent, huh?” “I take care of mommy when daddy is not around but mommy takes care of me a lot too” he smiled at her before taking a bite on the chicken leg. “You’re a very amusing kid. I didn’t know baby geniuses still existed” Jisung said while eyeing Jeno, “maybe Jaemin’s baby will be a baby genius too” Jeno just shrugged and focused on his food. “Jisungie~” Jisung looked at Herin who was smiling at him showing off her dimples, “y-yes?” he stuttered. They have been dating for a long time now but Herin has this effect on him that makes him feel nervous all the time, “I want to get married too” she pouted. Jisung choked on his cola making Donghyuck laugh his off. “Y-yes…let’s get m-married” he replied. “Really? When? Our theme should be pink” she clapped her hands excitedly as Jisung blushed a deep shade of red. “Let’s get married before Hina unnie and Donghyuck oppa plans on getting married” she grinned at Jisung who was probably melting on the inside right now which the others didn’t pay attention to as everybody continued their conversations to where they had left off before the food came.

 

 

Jaemin was sitting on the living room couch on a Saturday morning while watching Jeno’s favorite animated series called ‘Larva’ with him as the boy was putting paste on the cut outs his mother had made then glued it on the card board for his project. Mark was at the study room with his father making a power point for their board meeting on Monday while Ten was cutting up some fruits for their morning snack. “I’m need to go to the bathroom” Jaemin said and Jeno stood up immediately to help him, as they were half way towards the bathroom Jaemin felt the pain of contractions but he didn’t mind it at first until the second one came in about five minutes later and another one as well. “J-Jeno…” he gripped on his tummy while holding onto the smaller’s shoulder; he quickly got what Jaemin was going to say so he acted up immediately. “Hyung! Mommy! Daddy! The baby is coming!” he shouted loudly and made sure that everybody had heard him. Ten came to their aid quickly and helped Jaemin towards the car while Jeno ran up to Mark and Jaemin’s room to get the baby bag that they had prepared a couple of weeks ago. Mark jolted from the study room with the car keys already on his hand as he started up the car, Jaemin was already inside with Ten and the latter drove off as fast and as careful as he can to the nearest hospital. Jeno and Taeyong were left at home while the younger was holding onto the baby bag that he had got, he pulled his father out of trance and ushered him to the car while handing him the keys. “You’re so alert” he patted the boy’s head before starting the engine, “baby can you call your uncle Yuta?” he gave the latter his phone and Jeno immediately searched for Yuta’s number on his phone. The older wasn’t answering making the younger frown so he decided to call Hina instead which she had answered after a couple of rings, “noona the baby is coming” was all he said before dropping the call. He knew that Hina would jump from where she was and tell her parents or probably the whole neighborhood.

 

“M-Mark…my water just broke” he panted while looking at the clear liquid flowing down his thighs. “!” Mark cursed as he stepped on the pedal, “Minhyung be careful…just inhale and exhale okay?” the latter nodded and followed what his mother had told him. When they had arrived at the hospital Jaemin was immediately led towards the delivery room as he was already in labor. Mark paced back and forth; his hands were trembling as he heard Jaemin’s screams. He just wanted to bust in there, his Jaemin is in so much pain right now and he can’t do anything to soothe him. He bit his lip and looked at his mother who gave him a reassuring smile before he continued pacing back and forth, when he heard Jaemin’s pained voice again he decided to run inside the room to comfort the younger but he was stopped by a hand that had landed on his shoulder. He turned around to look at Hansol who just shook his head, “he’s strong…Jaemin can do this” he said. Mark sat on the chair beside his mother and hugged him tightly, “Jaemin’s in pain…I want to be beside him and hold his hand and comfort him” he said in between sobs “I feel sorry because he’s in pain” he continued sobbing. Ten looked at Taeyong and then Jeno who had the baby bag on his shoulder, his eyes were glossy and then Jeno started to cry as well when he heard Jaemin’s pained cries. He ran towards his older brother to hug him as he cried, Yuta picked up the baby bag which Jeno had dropped and looked at the brothers who were crying. “I can’t believe they’re such softies” Donghyuck snickered and Hina flicked him on the forehead, “shut up. You don’t know how they feel” she looked at him before walking towards her father to hug him. Herin sat on one corner with Jisung, praying tha everything will be fine for Jaemin and their baby. Taeyong picked up the crying Jeno and tried to calm him down but it was no use so he excused himself and brought Jeno a bit further away from the delivery room where Jaemin’s cries couldn’t be heard anymore. “Hey baby, your hyung’s gonna be okay…don’t cry” he smiled at him and wiped the younger’s tears, for Taeyong and Ten their youngest rarely cried. He was calm and composed like Taeyong and a he’s also a happy kid like his mother Ten, the boy understood things that adults don’t at times and he would always talk to them despite of him not knowing anything. Just with the feelings, Jeno was strong when he feels other people’s feelings just like with Mark earlier. He knew that his older brother was scared and worried although Mark did his best to keep all those worries aside before this day had arrived. “Daddy, hyung is crying…Jaemin hyung is crying too” Jeno spoke up while trying to compose himself again “let’s go back to hyung…he needs mommy and daddy and me” Taeyong looked at his son whose eyes was now puffy and his nose all red. The older nodded and kissed Jeno’s forehead before going back to where the others were.

 

Jeno went back to Mark who was still hugging his mother, the boy hugged his brother and ushered Taeyong to do the same. The older walked towards them and hugged his family tightly, “hyung be strong” they heard Jeno say. Mark looked up and looked at his younger brother who tried his best to show him a bright smile while wiping his tears with a tissue paper, “Jaemin hyung will be fine” he said once again and kissed Mark’s cheek as he continued to comfort him.

 

 

After eight hours of being in labor the doctor stepped out and looked for the father. Mark raised his hand and stood, “congratulations! It’s a boy!” he smiled after removing his mask. The doctor ushered Mark to come in which he hurriedly did and walked beside an energy drained Jaemin, he held the younger’s hand and apologized for not being there for him. They had handed Jaemin their baby all clean and wrapped up in a blue blanket, “what should we name him?” Jaemin asked and Mark shook his head while chuckling “I haven’t thought about it yet” he answered truthfully while pecking the younger’s lips.

 

Jaemin was moved to a private room soon after and Jeno skipped towards his hyung so he could see the baby. “Lemme see~” he said then took a look at the baby, “hyung you should name him Minjae” he smiled. “Minjae?” Mark and Jaemin looked at each other then at the baby, “Minhyung and Jaemin...Minjae” he simply answered while staring at the baby happily. “Minjae’s nice” Jaemin said and looked at the baby in his arms, “hello baby Minjae~” he grinned.

 

Everybody took turns on holding the baby carefully, they were happy that they had a cute little addition to their family. “Oh! I almost forgot” Mark said while smiling happily, “what is it?” Jaemin asked tearing his eyes away from his mother who was carrying Minjae. He held the younger’s hand, “happy wedding anniversary” he greeted giving his husband a sweet kiss.