Bonus Chapter: 1

Be A Better Man

Mark groaned loudly at the light weight bouncing on his bed chanting a ‘wake up hyung’ over and over. Faint chuckles were heard over the door and Mark decided to bury himself under the blanket. “That’s enough Jeno, let your hyung sleep. He was busy helping your dad with work last night” he heard his mother talk softly from the door. The 6-year old slumped his shoulders and got off from his brother’s bed “hyung promised me that he’d take me to school today~” he whined and went out of the room.

 

“He always has time for Jaemin hyung but none for me!” little Jeno ranted inside his parents’ car as he was being taken to kindergarten school. Both parents could only laugh at their youngest’s cuteness, “are you jealous of your Jaemin hyung?” Ten poked the younger’s cheek before kissing his forehead and the lad just crossed his arms and frowned, “honey…our baby is jealous~” his mother teased upon watching their baby ranting in a hushed tone. “Jeno is really jealous right now…I wonder to whom did he get that attitude from.” Taeyong looked at Ten then focused on the road, his husband flicked his cheek then stuck his tongue out cutely. “Very mature Lee Ten~ just wait for my punishment later” he said while grinning, Ten just slumped down on his seat. “What punishment?” the boy asked curiously, “why is mommy getting punished? How does daddy punish mommy?” Ten glared at Taeyong, “no baby…daddy is not gonna punish me, right honey?” Taeyong just smirked. “Daddy is going to punish mommy later after work” the younger had hit his husband on the arm, “ow! That hurts!” “Serves you right” Ten stuck his tongue out again. Jeno let out a laugh just watching his parents being like that is amusing for the younger boy, “daddy and mommy are funny” Jeno unclasped his seatbelt and kissed his parents’ cheeks as they have arrived in front of his kindergarten school. “Be good okay? Listen to your teacher” Ten reminded him, “I know mommy…I’m always good” he flashed his mother a toothy grin before stepping out of the car, Ten watched the boy running inside towards their classroom and sighed before glaring at Taeyong again, “no honey~ you are still getting punished…I wasn’t joking” he winked and gave Ten a peck on the lips before driving off.

 

The moment that Jeno was born, Mark would always give his free time to the younger and his friends would just visit him at home to play with his younger brother. He’d even ask Jaemin to just hang out at their house instead of going on outdoor dates which was pretty fine for the younger since he didn’t like going out much. Irene was a little bit disappointed that his brother’s and Ten’s second child was still a boy but nonetheless she was amazed by how good looking both of their kids were. She would sometimes visit them when she has time; she’s been traveling around the world enjoying her freedom that her brother gave her after being chained under their parents’ will. Whenever she’d come back from any country, she’d bring home gifts for the kids and would spend time with his brother and his family. She was so thankful because of him and because he has Ten back in his life with two wonderful kids as an addition.

 

 

Jaemin went to Mark inside his office during his break and saw his fiancé apologizing to someone over the phone. He grinned and kissed his cheek before sitting down on one of the chairs parallel to the older; Mark sighed and placed his phone on his table while loosening up his tie. “Forgot to take Jeno to school again?” he snickered; “I think Jeno is starting to hate me these days…your baby brother has been giving me the stink-eye” he pouted. Mark motioned for the younger to come to him and he complied and sat on the older’s lap, “it’s mostly my fault…I’ve been caught up with work late at night, I haven’t been paying attention to him lately. I haven’t been helping him with his homework and I failed to wake up when he tried to wake me up this morning” he buried his face on the younger’s back. “Maybe you should fetch him after school later? Or does he have any schedule for modeling kids’ clothing today” Jaemin suggested and Mark quickly picked up his phone and called his mother. “Hello?” “Mom, does Jeno have any schedule for photoshoots or modeling today?” he asked while holding onto Jaemin’s hand, “today? He doesn’t have any. Maybe next week, why?” he could hear some noises from the background and he was assuming that it was his uncle Yuta, “I want to pick him up later.” He finally said, “okay…I’ll call your father and tell him about it. Bye~” his mother dropped the call immediately and he turned to the younger. “Let’s have lunch?” Jaemin suggested as he stood up pulling Mark towards the door.

 

“Hyuuuung!” Jeno ran towards him as soon as he saw his older brother waiting for him at the school gate, Mark crouched down and hugged the younger before picking him up. “How was school, kiddo?” he asked and Jeno showed him a paper with a gold star on it, “a gold star? Wow~ you deserve a reward…tell hyung what you want” he smiled, Jeno contemplated for a while before looking at Jaemin standing a bit far away from them. “Why is Jaemin hyung far away from us?” he pouted, Mark turned and looked at his fiancé leaning on a post, “it’s because you’ve been giving him the stink-eye” he said. Jeno looked at him then at Jaemin then back to his brother again before burying his face on his brother’s shoulder, “Jaeminie hyung is stealing my hyung away from me” he muttered. “He what?” he stared at his younger brother, he was just being cute and clingy and it amuses him. “No one’s stealing me from anybody~” he smiled putting Jeno down, “I love the two of you fairly” the younger looked up at his hyung, “two? What about mommy and Daddy? Don’t you love them too? I love mommy and daddy very much and Mark hyung too and uncle Yuta and uncle Hansol and Uncle Jae and uncle Dodo and Aunt Irene…I love everybody” he giggled while spinning around. “Don’t you love Jaemin hyung?” he asked while holding onto his brother’s small hand. “I like Jaemin hyung but you always spend time with him” the younger huffed, “Jenoooo~ you already know the reason” Mark said and Jeno sighed. “You’re marrying hyung and you’re leaving me with mommy and daddy” the younger pouted and started walking ahead, “Jeno, do you even know your way?” the younger stopped and shook his head slight. “Thought so” he grinned and carried his brother, “mommy is at uncle Yuta’s place and they’re making your favorite Tom Yum Goong” he held the car door open and placed his younger brother on the passenger seat first, Jaemin sat beside Jeno and Mark on the driver’s seat.

 

Jeno started glaring at Jaemin throughout the whole car ride but Jaemin only found it cute. “Your genes are really something” he commented while smiling at Jeno who is currently munching on the rice ball that he had gave him. “It’s because we’re halfers and we have good looking parents” he said proudly, “the features of a cute Thai and a handsome Korean had been united” Jaemin said. They have arrived at Jaemin’s house where they saw Ten and Yuta arguing between the best soccer team, “I like Manchester United, why?” Ten crossed his arms while Yuta was glaring at Ten “as much as I’d want to hit you right now but your sons are here and they might tell Taeyong and Taeyong might sue me for hitting his precious marshmallow” he said. Jeno ran towards Yuta asking for his uncle to lift him up, “daddy told me that he will punish mommy later…maybe daddy will punish mommy for uncle Yuta too” the kid looked at his uncle innocently and Yuta bursted out laughing while putting the young one down. ‘Oh my God Ten!” he slapped the younger’s back as he was still laughing, “I…I can’t believe that Taeyong said that! With Jeno around!” “welp…mom’s enjoying uncle Ten’s company” Jaemin shrugged and led Mark to the couch. Both Hansol and Taeyong arrived at the scene of Yuta having a fit of laughter and the latter’s husband just raised an eyebrow at him, “babe…oh my God! Taeyong’s gonna punish Ten later and he told him that while Jeno was around” Hansol started laughing as well, “maybe…maybe we should have Mark and Jeno sleepover so Taeyong can punish him!” Hansol said while clutching his stomach. Ten buried his face on Taeyong’s shoulder while mumbling an ‘it’s all your fault’ before pinching his sides, the older could only laugh before placing a chaste kiss on Ten’s lips, “daddy kiss me too~” Jeno pouted. Taeyong picked up his youngest and kissed his forehead. “Your parents are really enjoying themselves when they bully my mom” Mark chuckled and Jaemin could just laugh, “Speaking of bullying…” Yuta grinned while looking at Ten. “NO! Hell no!” Ten shouted, “how about we let you kids watch your mom’s embarrassing videos…even Taeyong hasn’t watched them” he rubbed his palms together, “it’s old but gold” Hansol added. Jeno nodded enthusiastically then ran towards Mark to sit on his older brother’s lap, Ten glared at Yuta and held up his middle-finger while hissing an almost inaudible ‘ you’. “Only my husband can me, thank you very much” Yuta stepped aside and stuck his tongue out at the younger, “let’s call Jae and Doyoung and Johnny and his husband…Taeil was it? So we can start the major bullying” Yuta clapped his hands and picked up his phone starting up a conference call. “Why am I friends with them?” Ten half cried while embracing his husband.

 

Everybody was at the living room of the Ji Family, some were seated on the couch and some were on the floor. Ten was seated on the floor while Taeyong was on the couch trying to massage the younger’s aching head, Jeno was sitting in between Mark and Jaemin while he was eating a bag of chips. Donghyuck and Hina were arguing in the kitchen, Donghyuck seemed frustrated because the lass started to speak to him in Japanese as she was retorting everything the latter had said. Jaemin translated what Hina was telling Donghyuck to Mark and Jeno and the brothers only nodded, Jaehyun and Doyoung were not minding their son because they thought that their argument was pointless. “I think they’re going to have a diss battle right now…Show Me The Money!” Johnny laughed, “Hinaaa~ don’t verbally abuse your boyfriend” Hansol reminded his daughter. “Noona! Don’t punch hyung again! His man pride is going below the drain” Jisung said and everybody in the room laughed, Donghyuck apologized to Hina and made up with her before going back to the living room. “Donghyuck has really met his match” Mark pointed out, “okay hush~ I found them” Yuta grinned while holding up his old video camera. “Oh no~” Ten turned around and buried his face on his husband’s thighs; Taeyong chuckled and held Ten’s hand pulling the younger up to sit on his lap. Johnny raised an eyebrow while looking at them, “public much?” Taeyong shook his head, “jealous?” Johnny was the one to shake his head. “Nope…not in a million years” he wrapped an arm around his husband’s shoulder and watched Yuta as he was installing the video camera on their flat screen TV.

 

Ten was almost crying when he saw Jeno trying to copy him dancing to Hyuna’s Change on the screen, everybody was enjoying this even his husband. “Jeno please don’t copy that” Ten tried to stop the boy but Jeno moved away from his mother while laughing, “mommy I want to dance like that too!” he exclaimed still copying the moves. “Please bury me now~” he whimpered.

 

Mark fell asleep throughout the whole video watching and Jeno was now playing with Jaemin after teaming up with Donghyuck and Jaemin to bully the latter earlier. “Ten, do you remember this?” Yuta pulled out a few polaroid pictures from his old photo album, the younger looked at it and smiled. “Yeah, it’s the person whom I have fallen madly in love with” he took hold of the said pictures and looked at the captions which he personally wrote.

 

“Today,

I have seen him

The person whom I want to spend my entire life with.”

 

He then took a look at the second picture.

 

“Hello I’m

Ten Chittaphon Leechaiyakul

And I have fallen in love

At first sight”

 

And then the third picture.

 

“I love you today

Tomorrow

And everyday

For the rest of our lives

And for eternity.

I love you, Lee Taeyong

And I’ll always will”

 

 

Taeyong took the polaroid pictures and hugged Ten tightly. The first one was a picture of him sitting by the window of his favorite coffee shop. The second was a picture of him looking for a book inside the library. And the third was a picture of him and Ten during the younger’s first pregnancy. “You know Taeyong hyung…you weren’t the only stalker in your relationship” Doyoung said, “if you only knew how much we had to keep up with Ten’s blabbing about how perfect you are. Me and Yuta hyung even bought earmuffs whenever he rants when he sees you with clingy pretty girls, he’s cried a lot because of you” Taeyong looked at Ten, “let’s not talk about this” he pouted. “And we’re jealous that you’re the strongest couple I’ve ever met” Yuta said while handing Taeyong a huge pink album, “that’s all Ten’s polaroid pictures which he took and wrote messages with…maybe you can look at it and find out how Ten used to fawn over you” he grinned.

 

 

“Hyung~ I want banana milk” Jeno said while tugging Jaemin’s shirt, the older looked at him and smiled “I’ll buy for you…wait here.” When he stood up, Jeno stood up as well “I wanna cooooome~” he whined and asked the older to carry him, he picked up Jeno and went to their parents. “I’ll be back…Jeno wants some banana milk. Does anyone want anything else?” Donghyuck raised his hand, “I want nachos” Jaemin grabbed his phone and typed the other's request and then another came and another then soon everybody had food requests to buy except for Mark who was still asleep despite the commotion. “I’ll be right back then” he smiled and went out with Jeno.

 

Jaemin wasn’t close with Jeno, he was rather scared of the kid just like how he was when he first met Taeyong inside the car when the older came to pick up his son. He was amazed by how the saying ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’ was absolutely true, unlike Mark and Ten who were bright and happy and very open with people. Jeno and Taeyong had this somewhat cold exterior when you first look at them but when you get to know them, they’re very warm. His mother had described the father and son as Tsunderes and he was absolutely right about it. He had always considered Jeno to be a lucky child since he had both parents when he was born until now, Mark grew up without his uncle Taeyong for 18 years and how hard must it have been for him. Herin had told him that Mark used to hide in the boys’ bathroom whenever people would for not having a father, having them call him inappropriate names until his mother had enough and had Mark homeschooled for a few years after the latter’s encounter with his aunt Irene in Canada. Both Mark and Ten had difficult pasts yet both had smiles like real winners right now, like they had won the lottery despite everything they’ve been through. He still remembers how the older broke down to him and had told him all the pain he had been keeping, he had never seen Mark cry so much except for that day.

 

“I tried to keep everything together, I had to hear mom cry at times and it’s hurting me even more…I always had those significant thoughts inside my head. Why did he leave mom if he loves him? Didn’t he want me? Uncle Johnny told me that on the day dad left us, he told mom that I was a mistake…” Mark kept on sobbing on Jaemin’s shoulder on a cold winter night when the two decided to have a heart to heart talk to understand each other more and it was when Taeyong’s parents wanted to see Mark. “My parents told me it was uncle Taeyong’s parents’ fault…your grandparents. Do you hold a grudge against them?” the older looked at Jaemin and bit his lower lip, “I’m not used to holding grudges…my mom told me never to hold grudges against people no matter how much they hurt me…but I…it’s their fault why I didn’t meet my father for 18 years” he choked a sob and Jaemin hugged him tightly. “We could have been a wonderful family just like what we’re going to be…but because of them, my mother and I suffered. We had to leave everything here, my mom had to leave his friends” the younger rubbed his back soothingly and saw Ten and Taeyong standing near the door of their terrace. Jaemin smiled a bit at them and stood up greeting them, Mark looked at his parents and tried to wipe his tears but he ended up crying even more. “He needs you right now” he said, Taeyong thanked him and patted his shoulder gently before Jeamin had headed down to their living room, “Mark…” Ten said and Mark stood up to hug his mother. His sobbing was uncontrollable right now and Ten looked at Taeyong as he started to tear up as well, the man went up to his family and hugged them both while mumbling some apologies. “Minhyung…baby I’m sorry. I was supposed to take care of you, not the other way around” Ten apologized as well while kissing his son’s forehead. Ten let go of the hug and lifted Mark’s chin up, “look at me…look at us” he tried to smile but his tears kept on falling, “your dad won’t leave us anymore, okay? He promised us that he won’t” he looked at Taeyong again and the older started to cry as well. “Minhyung, I won’t leave anymore…it won’t happen again.  Everything will work out and I’ll make it up to you and your mother, okay? Don’t cry now…” he wiped his son’s tears using his thumbs before kissing the latter’s cheek. When Mark had finally calmed down, they went back inside where they saw Jaemin smiling at them. He went to hug the younger and thanked him before planting a kiss on his soft lips which was interrupted by Hansol by faking a cough before raising an eyebrow at the two. “Lighten up honey! You just ruined the moment” Yuta said while waving his hand at the kids before dragging his husband towards the kitchen.

 

 

“Hyung! Are you listening?” Jeno pouted, the kid had been talking to him while he was still in memory lane. He patted the older’s cheek and Jaemin got startled with Jeno’s cold hand, “oh I’m sorry Jeno, what were you saying?” the younger puffed his cheeks. “Hyung, when you get married you can live inside Minhyung hyung’s room and I can live with mommy and daddy!” he exclaimed while grinning cheekily, Jaemin chuckled and ruffled the boy’s hair “don’t you have your own room?” “hyung’s room is comfy and mommy and daddy’s room is comfy too. Hyung! I can live with you and Minhyung hyung too~” he started in wiggle in Jaemin’s arms excitedly “Aigoo~ you can ask Mark hyung later, okay?” he chuckled and placed Jeno down as they entered the convenience store. Jeno grabbed a basket for him and gave it to Jaemin, “thank you aegi~” he smiled and started to shop for the things they were supposed to buy. Jeno picked up his banana milk, one for him and one for Mark since both brothers enjoyed the said drink so much. They drink banana milk when they watch his favorite animated series called ‘Larva’ during weekends or when his hyung would be free. For Jeno, he was easily bored since he has no one close to his age to play with. Growing up surrounded with adults, Jeno easily got everything he wanted since he was the youngest in their family but he’d get them when he does well. He thinks like an adult at times, he understands situations well at a young age although everybody tries to adjust for him. He placed the banana milk inside the basket when Jaemin was on the counter paying for the snacks he bought, “hyung let me carry that” he said while pointing at the plastic bag. “It’s heavy…you can’t carry it” Jeno pouted and crossed his arms, “okay fine…hold one end and I’ll hold the other okay?” the kid gave him a toothy grin and held on the other end of the plastic as they went off.

 

 

“Yow Mark hyung wake up!” Donghyuck poked Mark’s cheek and the older swatted his hand away, “I’m tired~” he whined in English before covering his face with a couch pillow. “Mark looks very tired” Hina commented while looking at their friend, “he’s been doing a lot of work lately so he can take a couple of months off for their wedding and the preparations” Jisung said without even looking at them as his eyes was glued on his phone texting his girlfriend. “Mark sure works hard” Jaehyun said as he walked towards Hansol and Yuta’s kitchen to rummage through their fridge. Jaemin came back 30 minutes after with a happy Jeno holding onto his banana milk, “Jaemin why don’t you wake up Mark and have him sleep in your room…poor boy, he’s very tired” Yuta told his son while grabbing the bag. “Yes mommy…” he mumbled before tapping Mark’s shoulder gently, “hyung get up…let’s sleep in the room” he whispered closely to his ear and Mark groggily sat up. Jaemin pulled him up and led him to his room upstairs with Jeno following them; he pulled up a blanket over the older after removing his clothes leaving him in only his boxers. The younger went to his closet and grabbed a pair of sweat pants and t-shirt and put them on his fiancé, Jeno climbed up on his bed and lied down beside his hyung after Jaemin was finished dressing him up. The younger patted the space beside him since he wanted to sleep in between his hyungs and Jaemin complied. “Mark hyung kisses me before going to sleep and mommy and daddy too…hyung, you should kiss me too” he looked at Jaemin. “I’ll do it first” he sat up and gave Mark a kiss on the cheek then a sloppy one on Jaemin’s cheek “good night hyung” he yawned and hugged his older brother’s arm. Jaemin could only chuckle at how cute the younger was being, ‘I should get used to this’ he thought and kissed Jeno’s forehead, “good night Jeno.” He heard the younger mumble an ‘I love you hyung’ before he actually drifted off to sleep setting him to a very happy dream.