The first encounter

The man behind the camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***************

The next days were a blur. Kyung's brain refused to believe the news. Everytime he sat on the subway on his way to work, he read the message over and over again. He had infact called the person, who had sent the message, to accept the position and the call had been the single greatest moment of his life.

"Hello, this is Lee Kim Woo" Said a stern, but polite voice.

"H-hello, this is Kyung" Kyung said, stuttering.

"Oh, wonderful that you contacted us so soon" The male on the other end said and he sounded very impressed.

"Yes, I would be very interested in signing a two year-contract with your company" Kyung said and tried to sound as professional and excperienced as possible.

"Great, you can come over to our office and sign the contract any day this week, is Wednesday good?" The man asked and Kyung could hear him rustling some papers.

"Yes, I'll be there Wednesday" Kyung said and with that the man hung up.

The days leading up to Wednesday were three different things: dull, too long and filled with that things he wouldn't like to be doing, if he didn't have to.
Monday went by as a long long long day, that seemed like it would end in Kyung's death. He was unboxing a box after a box, but they didn't seem to be disappearing from the back of the truck, quite opposite actually. Everytime the male walked back to the dock to get another box there seemed to be more and more boxes appearing. He tried counting the boxes, but lost count after fourhundred or so. All of Kyung's co-workers noticed that the male was smiling nonetheless, which seemed weird, but they decided to leave his weird-self alone.
Tuesday was just as tedious. Kyung just glared at every single customer that dared to ask him something completely ordinary. He just stomped around the different shelves and ignored the comments his employee was giving, abou this behaviour. He couldn't be bothered to care. He was put to work on the cash register that day and all he could say to the customers was "Hi" and "Have a good day". he knew how rude and anti-social he sounded, but once again he wasn't in the mood to give a damn. All he could think about was the fact that tomorrow he would be signing a contract that would literally change his life. That thought kept the exhausted man going, even though at some point during the day he seriously considered taking a nap in the cleaning closet.
Finally, after a long wait, Wednesday was there. Kyung woke up early and took a calming shower. He spent the longest time he can recall choosing his clother and doing his hair. When he was heading out he took one long look at himself on his mirror. He didn't usually compliment himself on good outfit choices, but this time he had to admit that he looked pretty good.
He dashed out of the apartment and to the subway station. The office where he was headed, was in Gangnam, which was an area Kyung rarely visited. He didn't feel very comfortable, being surrouded by all these rich and succesful people, while wearing his old worn-out jeans and t-shirts. This time was different though, as he rose from the subway and walked along the sunny, windy and crowded streets, he felt like home. He felt good in his own skin, which was a new and empowering sensation for him. He had gotten so used to being just "that guy", nobody really paying attention to him, but now he actually saw people admiring him or just staring because he was walking alone and smiling like a lotterywinner. He actually saw a group of young females looking his way with hunger in their eyes. Kyung didn't really care, he swung the other way, but those looks still gave him a nice boost of confidence.
Finally after a 10 minute wlk the male finally reached the big office building. It looked tall and intimidating. Kyung had to stand still and take a few deep breaths, before he was able to enter the huge lobby.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter