Lovely Regret

Lovely Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I. Am. Back! Hope you enjoy this short story. Sorry it took me awhile to finish it, was really busy. If you enjoy this story, do upvote it! As usual, feel free to comment down below to request anything or even just to give me more energy to write better stories. Thank you for reading!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Taeyeon was on her way to work after she had accidentally slept in a coffee shop where she had her breakfast. The day was literally burning her up, it was too hot for Taeyeon but she managed to go to work. Taeyeon didn't had any classes that day, so she went to work earlier than usual.

 

Taeyeon wasn't poor, but she worked to have extra pocket money. Her parents provided enough for her--even rented an apartment near her college--but that was just that. It was always just enough, but Taeyeon needed more. 

 

Especially after her girlfriend decided to live with her.

 

It was just a year ago when she met Tiffany, her extremely clingy girlfriend of five months. Taeyeon was studying for her 2nd year finals in the library when Tiffany came up to her. Tiffany was the popular girl, while Taeyeon was just your typical nerd. Truthfully, Taeyeon could be way more popular than Tiffany, but she didn't want to attract any of the students' attention. She succeeded in doing so, since the students barely talk to her.

 

Or so, she thought.

 

She had accidentally caught Tiffany's attention that day.

 

Taeyeon thought that by giving Tiffany cold shoulders each time Tiffany tried to talk to her would chase Tiffany away, but once again, she was wrong. Tiffany wasn't that easy, she was determined. Tiffany was the kind of girl that would never give up until she gets what she wants, and in this case, she wanted nothing more than claiming Taeyeon as hers.

 

The efforts Tiffany gave in getting Taeyeon's attention brought Taeyeon's walls down. Taeyeon saw how Tiffany would do things--anything--just for her and that made her realize that maybe, she should give Tiffany a chance. When Tiffany was courting Taeyeon, Tiffany was extremely flirty, naughty, the kind of personalities that suits as the one wearing 'pants' in relationships. However, that was only before. After they got together for two month or so, Tiffany started to change.

 

Drastically.

 

It all started that day when Tiffany made her own decision in moving into Taeyeon's apartment. Taeyeon had tried telling Tiffany that it was too early--way too early-- for them to live together, but Tiffany didn't give a about it. She wanted to live with Taeyeon, and she won't give up until she gets what she wanted. When Taeyeon kept arguing about it, Tiffany started showing her sides that no one besides herself had ever seen, the clingy, annoying and drama queen girlfriend. Tiffany kept bugging Taeyeon by saying that Taeyeon didn't like her anymore, and it was enough to annoy Taeyeon--very much--that Taeyeon had to agree with whatever Tiffany had planned regarding their relationship.

 

Since then, Tiffany had become extremely clingy and Taeyeon couldn't do anything about it. Taeyeon had tried to tell the girl about how she felt, and Tiffany would always said that she wouldn't do it again, yet did it again the day after. Taeyeon had tried so many times, yet it always ended up the same. Nothing--no one--can change Tiffany Hwang. 

 

Not even Tiffany herself.

 

All Taeyeon could do back then, was to be patient and accept her girlfriend's flaws.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Ya Taeng, you okay?" a skinny, short haired girl opened the door from the inside of the restaurant that Taeyeon worked at.

 

"I'm fine, Sooyoung-ah. It was just really, really hot!" Taeyeon said, sighing.

 

Sooyoung smiled and locked Taeyeon by the neck with her slim arms, thus pulling Taeyeon into the restaurant. Taeyeon shoved Sooyoung away with a giggle and quickly made her way to the staff room. Just as Taeyeon entered the staff room to change her clothes into her uniform, she felt a small vibration straight on her pocket after each second. She took it out thinking it was probably an urgent message, only to be greeted with 9 messages by none other but her clingy girlfriend.

 

Taeyeon's 

- Babee! Where are you? You're not at home when I woke up, are you outside? I miss you, reply me! (10.43a.m)

 

Taeyeon's

- Taetae? Why aren't you replying? (11.31a.m)

 

Taeyeon's

- Aren't you supposed to be resting at home since you're free for the day? Baby.. Please atleast tell me where you are. I can't look for you, I have a class later. Miss you!! <3 (11.56 a.m)

 

Taeyeon smiled a little and proceeded to read the next few messages.

 

Taeyeon's

- One of my classmates told me they saw you entering a restaurant with a girl. Who is she?? Your work starts at 6pm so you must be somewhere else. Taeyeon, you better reply me. (12.15 p.m)

 

Jessice

- Taenggoo, Nickhun is trying to plot another misunderstanding between you and Tiff. He came to us and talked about how he saw you with some girl or whatever. Tiffany's getting upset about it. Do something, my ears are too tired to keep listening to her babbles. (12.17 p.m)

 

Eyebrows connected in confusion, Taeyeon tried to remember just when she had been with a girl until realization hit her. The 'girl' that Tiffany's classmate had told her was probably Sooyoung since they did entered the restaurant together. Taeyeon sighed and opened another message.

 

Taeyeon's

- Kim Taeyeon! You're so gonna get it from me if you keep ignoring my messages! (12.22 p.m)

 

Taeyeon's

- ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME!? REPLY ME, NOW! (12.26 p.m)

 

Taeyeon's

- No you can't be cheating on me right? Please reply me, please tell me she's no one.. (12.28 p.m)

 

Taeyeon's

- Baby.. I love you so much. I'll go now. Have fun with that girl. (12.30 p.m)

 

Almost immediately, Taeyeon swiped her fingers and dialed a number that she remembered by heart. Taeyeon was slightly annoyed with the fact that Tiffany overreacted on her short disappearance, but calling Tiffany was already programmed inside her. Taeyeon can never see Tiffany getting upset, she herself didn't knew why. She had thought that maybe she always had the urge to do so because Tiffany is her girlfriend, something natural for every partner to have in a relationship.

 

Ring Ring..

 

Ring Ri-

 

"Hello?" A voice from the line answered the call, without checking who was actually calling.

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath, "Pany-ah? I'm sorry. I went to work earlier today. I didn't realize you sent me messages, and the girl I was with was Sooyoung." 

 

"Mm, why didn't you wake me up and tell me that you were going to work, Taeyeon?"

 

'' Taeyeon thought. Taeyeon had forgotten to do so, and Tiffany was clearly upset about it since Tiffany was calling Taeyeon by her name. 

 

"I was..- I uhh-"

 

Taeyeon didn't have a chance to finish the excuse she created, "You forgot about me, didn't you?"

 

And her little secret was easily exposed.

 

"I'm sorry.." Taeyeon closed her eyes, ready for impact on her ears from the other side.

 

"Tae.." Taeyeon heard Tiffany sighed before continuing, "What can I do to make you love me, Taeyeon? I.. I just- Nevermind. I'll see you at your work place later. I love you, bye." 

 

With that, Tiffany ended the call without giving Taeyeon a chance to reply.

 

That was one thing about Tiffany that Taeyeon had adored since they got together. No matter how upset Tiffany was, Tiffany would never forget to say 'I love you' everytime Tiffany ended a call or after their dates. Although, the words would often shot Taeyeon with guilt,

 

since she didn't knew whether she love Tiffany the same or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cling Cling!

 

A sound of bells indicates that there were new customers entering the restaurant, in reflect Taeyeon immediately uttered her usual greet, "Welcome to SooSun's! How many of-" 

 

The sight infront of Taeyeon made her jaw dropped.

 

"Yoo..Y-Yoona? Im Yoona!?" 

 

The girl, or Im Yoona as how Taeyeon had claimed, grinned and walked towards the shorter girl, "Unnie!"

 

"Yoona!"  Taeyeon invited Yoona into a big hug as she wrapped her hands onto Yoona's back, "It's been a while."

 

Yoona pulled away smiling and playfully messed Taeyeon's hair, "Unnie, you're getting prettier! Yet how come you're still this short?"

 

Taeyeon slapped Yoona's arm, "Yah!"

 

"Hehe. Unnie, I'm hungry!"

 

Taeyeon quickly pulled Yoona along with her while ordering Yoona's usual. Taeyeon took Yoona to a table and sat beside her with Sooyoung's permission, "So unnie, how are things going with Pany-unnie?" 

 

Hearing the name she had already expected to hear made Taeyeon sighed, "Well.. I don't know. Okay, I guess?" 

 

Yoona raised her right eyebrow, as if she was showing a sign that she could not understand what was Taeyeon saying, "So you're saying that you're not happy with her?"

 

"I-I.. I can't say I'm unhappy but.."

 

"Unnie.. Do you even love her?"

 

Taeyeon widened her eyes in shock and sweats were formed on her forehead. She had to answer that, but she couldn't think of anything. She couldn't say yes, because it was obvious she was still confused with her own feelings. Taeyeon tried to came up with an answer, but nothing slipped of . She could only left opened, "I.. I honestly don't- I don't know.. Yoona-ah." 

 

Taeyeon looked down, she had never felt this guilty and upset with herself. She had never fallen in love before, it was hard for her to even identify what love was.

 

"Taeyeon-unnie, Pany-unnie might be annoying and clingy, but don't you think it's her way to show her love?" Yoona took Taeyeon's hand that was on the table and lightly gripped it, her eyes sadly looked through Taeyeon's.

 

"But she's too clingy! I literally have to tell her everytime I want to go out, or else she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter