Chapter eight

Complicated Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon looked at the phone screen that was buzzing only to see the person she'd been avoided. 

"M..mom?" 

"Jiyeon, you need to help mom." 

"What have you done again, mom?!" She yelled and sighed in frustration. 

"This is last."

"Look, mom. You know I'm not dumb. You'd told me so many times that it was last. When will you mean it?"

"Jiyeon, I'm your mom!"

"Yes, I doubt that!" She yelled again. 

"Fine, just how much do you need?"

"1111700 won ($1000) only. I promise not to bother you after that. I only have a week to return the money or they said they'll cut my finger! Please!"  

"Stop promising. It's not the first. What do you think I am? 1111700 won? Ah, you're making me crazy!"     

"You're my daughter."

"Yes, I still DOUBT that, mom!" She angrily hung up her phone, lifting her hand as if she was about to throw it away until she realized she still needed money, so she just stomped off to her room and started to cry as loud as she could because she thought no one was home. 

Well, was anyone home, though? 

Taehyung's POV.

These guys are pissing me off. I called and no one was free. Jungkook even told me he was on a date. It was always him who kept me company, now what? I walked pass an alley, and there was someone calling me, so I turned to see who that was; they were my friends... I'm not that close to them, they're just those people I met in the club who called themselves EXO. And they were very nice toward us, though we don't hang that often. A shorter guy approached me with his rectangle smile, Baekhyun hyung. And somehow people thought he looked similar to me. I smiled and walked into the alley to join them. And they seemed surprised as I approached them. 

"What's wrong with your legs? And those scars on your face?" Asked Suho hyung with a worried expression. 

"Not a big deal. Don't worry. I'm getting better." I said with a small smile. 

"Tell hyung!" Baekhyun hyung said, pouting and crossing his arms over his chest and Sehun hyung laughed. 

"What are you gonna do, hyung? With this childish behavior." Sehun hyung said as he kicked Baekhyun hyung's leg lightly in a teasing way only for the older to glare at him. 

"Doesn't matter, hyung. I can handle it." I responded and nodded assuringly. 

"Okay, make sure to call us if something happens." Said Chanyeol hyung as he patted my shoulder understandingly. I nodded. After a bit of chitchatting, I decided to leave and went strolling at a park. Time seemed to pass by real quick. I'd already been walking for so long despite my broken legs. I don't know, but walking seemed to refresh my mind a lot. However, that girl must be starving at home, I should probably buy her lunch, or should I say dinner. Not that I care about her, I just wouldn't wanna see a dead body at home. 

So I went back home with the food in my hands. I rang the bell so many times, but Jiyeon still didn't come to open the gate for me. Is the bell broken? Wait, I have a spare key.. I reached my hand through the gate, once I reached the locker, I inserted the key in and opened easily. I opened the gate and entered the house after closing the gate back. I heard someone arguing, but it seemed more like Jiyeon arguing with someone on her phone, so I stayed behind a door to hear what she was talking about- I'm not nosy! curiosity is what you can't help, okay. Once she went back to her room, I could hear her cry out loud, probably had no idea I was home. I put the food on the dinning table and went to sit on the couch in the living room. So her mom had a debt and needed her help... But isn't the debt a bit too much for her to afford? Maybe I can help her, at least she's the only person who doesn't bother me much, ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter