-Chapter five

Complicated Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After choosing a room for herself, Jiyeon started unpacking her stuff such as putting her clothes into the closet, her books to the bookshelves then she happened to see a book she'd brought with her ever since she came to SEOUL. It was a diary book she had when she was younger. She almost forgot she had it, though, as she hadn't bothered to write her daily life into that book anymore. She sat on the bed and opened the book. 

(Dear diary. 
Daddy bought Jiyeonie a big gift. Jiyeonie is happy today. Jiyeonie just wanna tell diary 'cause I want to always remember this day. It was a huge teddy bear, it says it loves me when I squeezed it. And moma baked cake for us!)

She giggled softly as she shook her head, smiling while recalling the memories she had with her family when she was young; when everything was perfect; when she didn't have a worry for the world. She sighed as she realized everything had changed so much in just some years. She felt like she just wrote her diary yesterday, now she's already a 18 years old who had so many responsibilities to bear. Sometimes she just wanna put everything aside and escape from this real world. She flipped into the next page. 

(Dear diary.
It's been awhile since I wrote to you. Today we went to a hospital. I don't know why is he sleeping there.)

(Dear diary.
It's been a week and daddy hasn't waken up yet. We've been sleeping with him at the hospital ever since. I heard my mom cry every night. I asked her why is daddy sleeping so long. She said daddy may not wake up because daddy is so tired.)

(Dear diary. 
I know it's been some years now that I last wrote to you. I have grown, diary. My mom told me my dad's in a better place. He was too tired to wake up, but I understand it now, though my mom wouldn't tell me the reason why my dad's passed away... My mom has been acting strange ever since my dad's not here. She's been hitting or yelling at every tiny mistake I've made.)

(Dear diary. 
I was informed that I got a scholarship to a school in SEOUL. Isn't it a dream comes true? I know I shouldn't be leaving my mom, but I just can't bear with everything she's been putting on me. I'm young, I need education. However, diary, I promise to keep being a good daughter to my mom. I promise her I'll find my own job once I reach SEOUL. By then, I may not be able to write to you anymore, because I'll be so busy. Goodbye for now, diary. Until we meet again.) 

Jiyeon closed the book. Her tears started flowing down her cheeks unstoppable as she hugged the book tightly. 

It was 5PM in the evening, so Jiyeon thought she should cook dinner for Taehyung before he came back. She prepared some dessert for him as well, and it was strawberry cheesecake though she didn't know if he'd like it. 

Hours and hours passed by, there was no sight of Taehyung. She was waiting and waiting just to open the door for him, because she locked from the inside. 

Another hour had passed by, the skies got darker; Jiyeon got worn out; even the food got cool as if it was taken from the fridge. Jiyeon decided that she got just rest her eyes for '5 minutes,' who knew, 5 minutes ended up for 3 hours. 

Jiyeon got up again at 2AM. She looked at the clock on the wall with her eyebrows furrowed up,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter