-Chapter three

Complicated Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon didn't really get a goodnight sleep. She was searching for a job all night until she fell asleep on her desk. 

It was 6 AM in the morning, there was a loud knock on Jiyeon's apartment door. She rubbed her eyes and walked sleepily to see who was visiting her so early in the morning. She swallowed hard at the presence of the unexpected guest. Not really... It was the apartment manager! And some strong looking guys. 

"G..good morning.." She greeted with an awkward smile.

"No good morning, you haven't paid the rent for 2 months now, miss." The manager spoke in a serious tone, crossing his arms over his chest before he gestured the guys to get inside her apartment. 

"Hey, wait! You can't do that! I promise to pay soon.. I just lost my job!" She explained, trying to gain sympathy from him.

"Look, I can't help you. Collecting apartment rents is my job. Just because you've lost your job, doesn't mean I wanna lose mine too. Get out now or I'll report you-"

"Fine!" Jiyeon cut him off immediately. 

Are people cruel, or is the world just being cruel toward me? She thought as she watched the guys packing her stuff. There aren't so much stuff. She only has some clothes, a laptop, and some books which fits her luggage well. 

"C-can I leave a-after I wash my face at least..?" She asked hesitantly.

After a minute of thinking, the manager agreed to let her. 

Once she's done, Jiyeon walked out of the apartment, having no idea where she's gonna stay at. She wanted to call her mom so bad, but it's only to get scolded. She wanna go back home, but her education doesn't wait just because she doesn't have a house to stay in at the moment. Letting out a sigh after sighs, Jiyeon roaming the streets hopelessly. 

"Just because I'm homeless, doesn't give me the rights to die... I mean, I should grab my breakfast..." She talked to herself before she walked into a store. Everything seemed so expensive to her at the moment. The remained money had to be well-spent, because that's all she's got until she got another job, which we don't know when. After a while, she decided to just buy a bottle of orange juice then continued to walk to nowhere.

Suddenly a woman ran up to her. Jiyeon gave her a look of confusion. The woman looked exhausted, probably from the running as she looked like she was old enough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter