Story Of The Living

The Survivors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake up with a stranger man looking over me. His eyes are huge, but not as huge as his ears. His hair was dyed a dark pink, and like the other man he was also pale. He smiled down at me, with his big teeth. This must have been what little red riding felt like, because my , my, what big teeth he had.

However, I am not little red riding hood, and in the moment I lift up my fist and punch him right in the face. I jump up to realize there’s an IV inside my arm. Is this some sort of experiment?! Or worse, was I turned over and they’re trying to make me human again? But that’s impossible, I was saved! Was I saved? Was the person who saved me Jesus, and he took my human soul while my lifeless body became part of the walking dead.

The pink haired boy starts to get up in the corner, and without hesitation I rip the IV out of my own, and run as fast as I can to the exit. Turns out that I’m actually inside of a tent, which just makes my exit so much easier
“Jack Pot” I mumble to myself.
I run out of the tent, but bump straight into someone tumbling down and scraping my knee in the process.
“Damn it!” the person says, as I look up into the eyes of Seolhyun.
“Mina you’re awake!” she screams and hugs me.
“Wait, did doctor Chanyeol let you out?”
“Doctor….oh…” I say, as I look back to the entrance of the tent and see the pink haired boy come out, hold an icepack over his eye.
Seolhyun laughs behind me, receiving an evil look from Doctor Chanyeol, “uhm, hello doctor, my name is-”
“Kwon Mina, it seems like your perfectly fine,  then.” He interrupts me.
I awkwardly laugh, brushing my hair in front of my face while it turns bright pink, “I’m sorry I uh, thought”
“No it’s fine!” Doctor Chanyeol smiled, reaching his free hand down to help me up.
“My names Chanyeol, I was a medical student before the epidemic!” the boy tells me, with a smile from ear to ear.  He gives me a very positive vibe.  I take his hand and allow him to help me up, brushing my hair from my face.
“What happened here?” Another voice I don’t recognize comes out of no where.
I turn around and see a young man holding a new born baby, looking at me with curious eyes.
“This is Eli, he’s a member of the pack, and this is his son, Minsoo.”
“This pack?” I question.
Eli smiles “when the epidemic broke, we all found each other. And vowed to protect one another and anyone else we may come across, who’s well, human.”
I nod in understanding, looking around and observing the camp that they’ve set up here.
There are 4 tents, excluding the one I just exited from. The tents are formed in a circle, around a huge firepit, where meat is cooking on a stick over it. I my lips, realizing I haven’t eaten in a couple days now.
“It looks like your friend is hungry.” A female says, as she approaches Seolhyun and puts her arm around her.
I recognize this girl, she’s the girl from the picture!
“You escaped North Korea with Seolhyun, didn’t you?”
“How did you know that, Mina?”
I blush slightly, “that night when you made me go into the tent to get the weapons, I saw a picture of you two in your bag.”
“My names Hyejeong” the girl smiled at me. Her hair was long and wavy brown, she was very tall, much taller than me with broad shoulders. The sides of curled up in the cute cat way Korea use to desire.
“Come eat, please, you need energy” Chanyeol says, putting his hand on my back and guiding me over to the fire.
“So what ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter