In The Beginning

The Survivors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It takes 9 months for a human life to form, and finally be born into this world. It takes another 16 years for the child to be raised and fit for life and matures enough to make decisions and actions for themselves. However, for the dead to walk it only took an epidemic, and one bite a person, to become part of the undead. My name is Kwon Mina and I am a 22 year old, who is a survivor of the exsalameater epidemic that turned the world into the walking dead. The symptoms consist of rotting flesh, decreased motor skills, and the worst -constant craving for meat, particularly human.  My current location is Seoul, South Korea. The epidemic broke out on August 9th, 2015 in northern Africa, and since then has wiped out the whole human raise besides a few survivors. I travel with my 2 friends, Kim Seolhyun, trained in the art of taekwondo, and Choa. Choa is very connected with her spiritual side. With the current events she’s become rather dark. It’s currently July 3rdNext month will be a year since the epidemic started. As far as my knowledge goes, we’re the last human beings on this planet. I have a rather, unique point of view on the world. I like to find the beauty in it, despite the horrid situation. It takes true bravery to smile when you’ve lost everything. Everything….

“Mina, you good?” a voice breaks my thoughts apart.
“Hmm?” I say, looking over to my friend Seolhyun, who’s sharpening a knife in the light of the fire. Lucky for us, Seolhyun is actually a North Korean spy, and survival was her expertise. She escaped once the epidemic hit North Korea. She’s never told Choa and I the story of her escape, or how she did it. But Choa told me she sensed good vibes from her. You see, when I said Choa was very connected to her spiritual side, I meant it. She’s psychic, and can sense when dark things are coming. Of course she never told us before, before the epidemic broke she was the leader of a girl group called cream. But when everyone is dead, what do you have to hide?
I look over at Choa who has her eyes closed, her hands gliding across the Ouija board. Before the epidemic broke things like this would scare me, but now that I’ve seen things from hell I’m immune.
“Somethings coming.” Choa says, as she stands up and looks into the trees.
We all stand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter