Effort.

Smile.

“Your moves are sloppy!”

 

“More energy please!”

 

“Focus!”

 

“You are slacking behind!”

 

“Again!”

 

“Wrong!”

 

“Ya! What happened?” Their choreographer growled, clearly displeased. “Just.” He shook his head and sighed as he made his way out of the door.

 

“Get it together by tomorrow.”

 

The rest of the members groaned in frustration after the choreographer left. They’ve been practicing for 5 hours straight so who wouldn’t be exhausted, who wouldn’t be tired because they had to start over the whole choreography again just for the sake of certain someone’s mistakes.

 

And that “certain someone” appears to be no other than, Kim Taehyung.

 

Unlike Jungkook, he isn’t a perfectionist, or Hoseok, who’s naturally talented. No. However, making that many mistakes just a moment ago isn't like him either. Even he has no idea why his stupid body isn’t following whatever it is that his brain has instructed. He’s not in his worse condition or haven’t learnt the dance moves for the nth time before, so why is it like this. Why today in particular?

 

The room grew incredibly silent with Taehyung’s eyes glued to the floor. It became really interesting all of the sudden, especially the wood…

 

He could feel Yoongi sending daggers at him while cursing under his breath.

 

He could feel everyone giving him an irritated look.

 

Exactly how it feels like having pins and needles all over your body. Now he knows what it feels like to be hated. Not that he’s ever experienced it before. Somehow this experience is new to him. Then he thought. Were there that many different types of hate? Maybe it’s because the hate is from the members that he loved? Or at least that’s what he felt like.

 

“Let’s call it a day.” Namjoon finally broke the awkward silence. Thank goodness.

 

“I don't think anyone can continue practicing like this.”

 

They all nodded in agreement.

 

“We’ll come back early tomorrow to perfect our moves before the choreographer arrives.” He now stare at the standing figure who still has his eyes stuck to the floor. “With more effort.”

 

Taehyung winced at the last three words, as he knew that the message was directly sent to him. But he also knew that Namjoon was right because he felt pretty guilty for not putting enough effort into the dance practice. He knew that if he tried extra hard then he wouldn’t be dragging everyone down or stealing away their precious time since they’re suppose to only rehearse for 2 hours. He knew that they were disappointed.

 

All the members began packing their bag when Taehyung announced that he’d be staying for a bit longer to perfect his dance moves. They all gave him a glance or a few nods to show him their approval, not bothered to say a word since they don’t have the energy to. He watched as they all left him, one by one. He has to admit that it’s kind of sad. Though who would know that he’s feeling this way when all they could see is a mask he put on as he happily wave them off.

 

“Don’t stay up too late.” Jin reminded him. Then left.

 

He’s at least grateful that Jin remembered about his health.

 

But.

 

None of them tried to stop him.

 

None of them.

 

No one.

 

“That’s because you’re pathetic.”

 

“Get your act together.”

 

“You’re only going to ruin the group”

 

“With your little effort”

 

Was it just him or did the voice started to talk more? From what starts off as a single words now turns into a whole sentence. Did his situation became that bad? He’s fine. Perfectly fine. Though he found himself agreeing to most of them so he sat silently on the hard floor letting his own thoughts devour him.

 

Only after a while of listening to them did he decided to shove them aside and focus on practice. He walked across the room to turn on the music and started from the beginning. His target is to only stop when all of his moves are perfect. No pause. No complains. No flaws.

 

He danced for.

 

1 then

 

2…

 

5…

 

8…

 

14…

 

19…

 

30…

 

56…

 

Times.

 

Now lying almost lifelessly on the floor after all the attempt with the music still pouncing loudly. His whole body became numb making him unable to move, exactly how a doll would look like although he looks more like a dead corpse than a pretty doll. He reached his sore arm out for his phone, which was luckily on the floor, meaning that he didn’t have to drag his sore limps to wherever he dumped his bag.

 

3:49

 

The time on his phone read.

 

There’s still time.

 

He carefully sat up. Then stands on his two wobbly feet again taking his time to start the music all over again.

 

And within a few, he’s dancing.

 

Again.

 

Again.

 

Again.

 

It was perfect.

 

Was.

 

But not good enough.

 

More.

 

More effort.

 

That’s right.

 

Effort.

---

Author's note

So sorry for not updating yesterday, i intended to try and update everyday but i became so sick that i can't even---- 

huehuehuehuehue the frustration.

Anyways, i hope that you enjoyed this chapter!

See ya in the next chapter! <333