Right.

Smile.

For some reason, Taehyung couldn’t sleep that night. His eyes are wide open and are getting sore but it refused to close. He tried to count sheep or pigs or cows or whatever but none of that works. He rolls in and out of his blanket, kicking it in and out for about 10 minutes to realize that he got tightly wrapped inside it – like a trapped cocoon. He giggled at how ironic it is because he is trapped in his own feeling and stubbornness too.

 

Taehyung moaned and continued rolling, rolls and roll and then off his bed still with the blanket around him. He struggled out of it and quietly tip toed out of the shared bedroom, he’s scared of waking up his hyung because he knows that they’re tired too and wouldn't want to wake up in the middle of the night. He thought that if he’s unable to sleep then he might as well read through his script. With that, he walked out to the living room to get the script he left in his bag that he ditched somewhere... He walked through the dark living room since he’s not bothered to turn on the light – hoping that his bag would miraculously appear beneath his feet. Or something like that.

 

He’s about to give up when he heard a small noise coming somewhere behind him. He curiously walks toward it to find the source of the sound. He stopped by Namjoon and Jungkook’s shared room when he noticed that it was opened, he went to close it to only see that Jungkook’s bed is empty. He frowned as he heard the noise again; he turned his head to the direction of the bathroom. As he got nearer to it, the noise became louder and he confirmed that it’s someone crying. He knocked on the bathroom door but there’s no reply so he frantically tried to open the door and luckily it wasn’t locked.

 

Taehyung stumbled into the bathroom to be greeted by the crying mess on the floor and without thinking he flung himself on to Jungkook and start rubbing circles on the others back. He can feel the younger trembling and drowning himself in his own tears. He looked so weak and vulnerable like a valuable crystal that could be broken at any point if Taehyung move carelessly. His heart also wants to break at the sight of his poor Kookie’s breakdown.

 

“Kookie ah, it’s ok.” He said with a soothing voice hoping to calm the maknae down. They stayed like that for the next 20 minutes with Taehyung continuously saying, “It’s ok” and reassuring that “everything will be better”. Even though he have no idea what’s going on in the maknae’s mind, all he thought he could do right now is to hug the younger.

 

When Jungkook did manage to finally calm down and his breathing evens out, Taehyung loosens his hold and runs his finger through the others hair.

 

“What’s wrong kookie?” He asked with a worried face, then wiped the younger’s tear off of his wet and soft cheek.

 

“I’m tired of this hyung…” Jungkook sniffed looking back down at the bathroom tiles.

 

Tired of?

 

“I’m just tired of everything. I’m stressed out about our comeback and having to act perfect in front of camera sometimes. I have to stay as a golden maknae when…” His voice trailed off.

 

“When I’m not perfect. I don't want to act like one.” That sentence really hit Taehyung hard because he’s also going through a similar situation. Although Taehyung and V is almost identical so no one would expect that he’s capable of being sad. He’s always been cheerful and he never had any break down. He never cried in front of them – actually he never did since they met. The only time he’s crying is when he’s acting…

 

“Aw Kookie…”

 

“The fans… even the fans think that I look fake and are not needed in the grou--.”

 

“Of course not Kookie!” Taehyung cuts in. “You are our precious maknae! We called you our golden maknae not just because of your talents but also because you are who you are! Just act like yourself!”

 

Jungkook lift his head to face Taehyung with puffy and red eyes.

 

“Really Hyung?” His eyes sparkled a bit.

 

Taehyung gave him a sympathetic smile. “Why would I lie to you?” He put his hand on Jungkook’s shoulder.

 

“In fact, I’m so proud of you for telling me about your problems tonight. Next time, make sure to open up to me or any other members about your stress and concern. I’m 100% sure that everyone will be there for you!” He paused. “So don’t bottle everything up to yourself…” His smile almost faded but remains. “Everyone loves you!”

 

As if on cue, Namjoon enters the bathroom to help the maknae stand up and out of it. With the rest of the member waiting outside, all smiling at Jungkook and giving him a small hug or a pat on the back. Once Jungkook went back to bed, Taehyung decided return to his shared room with Jimin and Hoseok. He thought that he could finally sleep since he’s now drained from the little incident.

 

“I didn’t know V is capable of doing that.” Jimin joked. Taehyung froze at the door. A sudden pain came across; he knows that Jimin is only joking about it but why is he suddenly so upset about that comment. He gave Jimin a playful glare and laughed.

 

“Hyung!” Jimin and Hoseok laughed at the pouting Tae but he soon stopped and joined in with their joke. After a little talk, they both went to sleep.

 

Tae once again stared at the ceiling of his room, unable to sleep. His mind went off to what happened 30 minutes ago. He couldn't believe that he gave Jungkook’s all those advice when he himself is struggling from a similar problem.

 

“What right Taehyung?”

 

“What right do you have when you, yourself are incapable of doing all that?”

 

“You have no right of giving Jungkook all of those advice when you are even more broken.”

 

That’s right.

 

What right?