Black

MOONLESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Darkness came along with black.
When he fell to the former, he was wrapped by the latter.
He was blinded.
But instead of reaching his hands out, he put them to cover his eyes.

 

Dark.

Yes, it was dark.

Night fell perfectly in the dark, drowning.

The light announced its absence tonight as the tired sun has set about hours ago. Now it was gone, blacking the entire sky. All you could see was only darkness where you could barely hold yourself onto. Lucky enough to have the moonlight up there, providing the sole brightness while everyone had been tucked beneath fluffy warm sheet, peacefully occupying every dream they created themselves.

The lamp road flickered every minutes, adding emptiness into the emotionless deep night. The mainroad was fully empty. Only a man clad with white shirt—his sleeves were pulled up, revealing his well-toned arm. He placed his hands inside his jeans pockets while walking lifelessly on the side of the road. His mind was somewhere else, as if it was disunited from his body. His mind wandered alone along with his logic. Sometimes, he’d kick some innocent pebbles upon his polished shoes—wait, he himself forgot when was the last time he brushed them off—as if it could drag him out of the excruciating pain that kept on eating him alive.

He had received a call from a close friend before he walked out his flat and went to the said place his friend ordered him to go. He didn’t mention anything about why he should go there as he asked him. He just carefreely ordered him and hung up right after that, not giving him a chance to reply. Definitely not taking no as feedback. And him, being a lone person whose soul was out not too long ago, didn’t say anything as response and just followed his friend’s words.

He didn’t know what’s going on with him—or more likely, what’s going on inside him.

No.

He knew but he just let himself succumbed with whatever going on inside him. But he’d prefer not to know, either.

He had been like this since—when?

His first love’s demise.

Right.

So, it’s clear now that he was being like this because of that excruciating reason.

The place where everybody needed no sleep without drinks was completely awake at this kind of hour—Nightclub. It was a unique pentagon-shaped room, consisted of DJ booth, bar, desirable dance floor and staircase connected to the second floor. The laser lights illuminated the whole crowded dance floor but leaving darkness into a few secret spots and the fancy chandeliers seemed to be an opulent embellishment only. The music was so loud and throbbing your head. Tonight’s DJ would really rock everyone like how wines, beers, and flavorful cocktails with cool carved ice cubes would do too while leaning against leather couches.

People banged heads following the craziness of the music. Laughters were heard together with the tease, claps, gulped liquors, and body moving. Jiyong had just stepped in there but he could already felt his head throbbing hard. He wasn’t supposed to be there. It was worthless to do anything there with him in such a situation. He boringly crinkled his forehead and was about to turn his heels when his ears caught a familiar voice. “Hey, man!” A man about his age raised his glass wine while leaning his back on the brass high-top bar table. Jiyong knew whose voice it was. Of course, it’s Seungri, the one called him, now waving his hand to his direction, signaling him to come over. He sighed while massaging his temple and approached him.

“Good thing you listened to my words. You know, I’m completely aware you can abide nobody’s since then. Anyway, I’m glad you’re here,” Seungri let out a satisfied grin, taking a sip of his wine.

Jiyong said nothing as he sat down beside him. He didn’t even bother to take a look around him where everyone was partying hard, letting out all the frustration through their wild and crazy moves, bottles of drinks and hard liquors, and irresponsible desires. Typical description of a nightclub.

Seungri gazed him attentively and successfully caught those longing, hurt, passive and pitiful eyes, seeking and craving for a glimpse of figure that could never come back to this life to meet him as he pleased.

“Do you want to drink?” Seungri asked, pouring some liquors into an empty glass.

“Just water.”

Seungri took a glance on him and saw that he was blankly staring into nothing. “You sure?” He asked. “Try this one. I’ve ordered it for you.” He pushed the glass close to Jiyong, trying his luck to bring his old friend back.

“Just water,” Jiyong had taken seconds while closing his eyes tightly before emphasized his respond a bit but still didn’t take a glance at Seungri.

Seungri wouldn’t give up. He wouldn’t let it go easily. He was his friend and he was not that heartless to let him being taken over by his blinded pain. “Ahh, maybe this one suits your taste best,” he said again, pushing another bottle to him.

“I said, just water!” Jiyong screamed, standing abruptly while tightening his fists. His chest dangerously heaved up and down. His breathing was a mess. And his face defined an angry madman. He was extremely scary at the moment. People fortunately seemed not to notice them when they were close to make such a scene.

“Damn it, what’s your problem, Ji?!” Seungri got provoked, shouting back. He couldn’t take anymore seeing Jiyong deep in pain which he bore alone inside himself. But now, he couldn’t do too if he acted like this. Acting as if he were capable of bearing it all alone even when someone was willing to lend a helping hand. Acting as if with silence he could pass it through all by himself. Acting as if he were alright when in fact, he was absolutely not. For him, Jiyong was so stupid being stuck in such a state for God knew how long.

Jiyong turned his head to look at him. His gaze didn’t seem like he knew who Seungri really was. He didn’t look like realizing the care and sympathy that was fixed to him. He even seemed annoyed.

“I should’ve asked that. What’s your problem? Asking me to come over here when there’s complet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter