Make it big

Magic L

”Myungsoo, yeah that’s my name. Wow time has changed I tell you, maybe you know me. I sing around town, trying to get people to listen to what I have to say. I want to make it big, I want to make it count, okay try again”. Myungsoo says as he takes some steps backwards away from the car. His friend Hoya turn the key and the car is starting. “Yeah” they both yell happy and Hoya jumps out of the car and embraces Myungsoo. “Well done bro” Hoya says “Hey wait here for a moment, I am going to get a beer” Hoya leaves the room. Myungsoo laughs to himself and turn to the car once again. His eyes are staring at the old motor, which he just got to work. He turns around, turning to the radio and turn it on. It’s an old radio, nothing awesome like Spotify and Youtube. Then a son he knows very well is playing ‘N.O’ from the bad BTS. He turns around, feeling the beat in his veins and muscles. He holds on a chair made of wood, turning it around and spinning it under his palm. The boy sits down and cross his legs, moving his upper-body to the bass.

 

Everybody say NO!

Deoneun najungiran mallo andwae

Deoneun namui kkume gatyeo salji ma

We roll (we roll) we roll (we roll) we roll

 

Everybody say NO!

Jeongmal jigeumi animyeon andwae

Ajik amugeotdo haebon ge eobtjanha

We roll (we roll) we roll (we roll) we roll

Everybody say NO!

 

Myungsoo jump over the front of the car and slide around a wood pole there is holding the roof from falling down. He kneel down and turning his back to the pole, sliding his back up and down it. He jump upon a table, facing it and placing his palms on the table, while moving his hips up and down toward the table. Then he jumps off and sits down on the same chair. He breathes out and smiles, but then recognizes a familiar face staring at him, Hoya and the rest of his friends. “You still got some moves bro” Hoya says as he place a beer in front of Myungsoo. “Well thank you, I guess I have. At least I hope so” He says as they all laugh together. “Do you?”. Hoya shake his head, placing his strong arms on his knees “I’m not so sure about that” he is interrupted by two hands blocking his mouth. “I know you got some moves” Dongwoo says, standing right behind the big guy. Hoya smiles underneath Dongwoo’s hands, but then grab his , making him sit upon Hoya’s lap. “So what are we going to do now? None of us got great jobs” Sungyeol says nervous. “We can do this, we just have to work harder” Dongwoo says proud, leaning up against his lovers chest. Hoya grab his thigh, making Dongwoo shiver “Yeah I know we can do it” Hoya says. “I am not so sure about that” An older voice says, they all look to their oldest friend Sunggyu. “We have to do something else to figure this out, we can’t pay our bills no more, we got to get out of here” he says with his serious face, even he got this cute hamster face. “So what can we do, if we leave tonight where do we go?” Hoya asks, looking around on the others. “Maybe we could sing” Dongwoo offers, “We have great singing voices, at least some of us”. The others nods “Maybe we could, yeah okay. Yeah we do that” Sunggyu says and as he said that the rest of the group seems ready “We will go to Seoul and make this big” he says and nods. “Yeah, come on lets go out and celebrate” Myungsoo says. The rest of the group follow him to a bar nearby.

They walk inside and see the bar is filled up. They sit down by an empty table and there is just enough chairs for the group of boys. “Here is now a singing competition, the one who win will get 688634,09 won with them. So who is ready?” A woman on stage says happy and trying to get everyone to join. One by one people get up and sing a song, even not a lot of them has the potential to win this. “I am going to win this” Myungsoo says, the rest of the gang clap as he walks to the stage. He starts singing one of his favourite songs, as he is done the crowd seems empresses. As he is on his way back to his seat is he seeing someone, a beautiful person there seems so familiar. He tries to follow the person, but the person is gone. He sight, standing outside the bar, but walking back to his seat.

The next day they fled away from this town and toward the big city of South Korea. They get there at the time they wanted, but didn’t expect all the hotels would be that expensive. “I think I know where we can stay” Myungsoo says, looking at the rest of the group. “Drive to the right here and then left” he explains. Sunggyu is the one who is always driving and doing as Myungsoo tell him. They stop outside a house “Wait here” he explains and get out of the car and walk to the door. He breathes in and knocks. Another boy open and looks shocked at Myungsoo “Myungsoo, what… what are you doing here?” The boy asks, while looking at him “Woohyun, I need your help” Myungsoo begs “We have no place to go, please let us stay here”. Woohyun look to to the car “Okay come on in” he says, inviting the four boys inside his home. “What brings you back to Seoul? I thought you where gone forever” Woohyun asks, sitting down on his cough. “We are back to make it big this time, we think singing is the way we want to go” He explains. Woohyun nods, looking at the handsome boys. “Hmmm… I understand” he says. The talking is going back and forth, they are having a great time. “But be careful not to fall in old habits Myungsoo” Woohyun says, laughing. “I won’t” Myungsoo explains, “How did you all meet?”. The group of four are looking at each other before Sunggyu answer “We where all entertainers at that time, where do Myungsoo know you from?” He answer and asks. “I was a customer once, he was dancing for me, but then we got friends” Woohyun explains and smiles lovely to Sunggyu. “So did you and Myungsoo ?” Dongwoo asks “Ohh no, not all. It’s a long time ago since I have actually done that” He explains. “Me too” Sunggyu says and they laughs “How long?” Woohyun asks curious “About eight month ago” Sunggyu answers, “Yeah, it’s about two years ago I had real ” Woohyun explains. “Wow that long?” Sunggyu asks.

They all go to bed, but Myungsoo see Sunggyu and Woohyun walking into Woohyun’s bedroom. Myungsoo smiles and close the door to the guestroom. All the boys lay on madrassas, but Myungsoo and Sungyeol has to share the only bed. He lay down beside the other boy and they are lying close it’s not bad at all. They are just friends after all. “What do you think Woohyun and Sunggyu are up to?” Sungyeol laughs “You want to know, just wait and listen” Myungsoo says and they all laugh together. 

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Thanks for reading <3