Shadows in Ghogthal

The Dark Season

Sakura and Takamina scouted ahead to investigate Ghogthal. The soldiers were nervous of what they might find when they reach the city and no amount of Takamina's encouraging words can calm them down.

"This place reeks of death."Sakura said. He covered his nose to block the scent he has been smelling for awhile.

Everyone noticed the stench of the smell, it was like rotting meat left outside to expire.

"Ahh!"Takamina yelled, she fell down a hole but a soft object cushioned her fall, a very squishy cushion....

"Ahh!"Takamina screamed again. She landed to her horror a mass grave of rotting corpses. The corpses were rotting for a few days. They were wearing rich and finely weaved clothing and wore jewelry.

"These are Ghogthic nobles, we have seen some of them we were last here."Sakura said.

"Pull me out! Pull me out! Pull me out!" Takamina whined, ignoring what Sakura said. She didn't give a damn of what she landed on, she wanted out of the grave now.

Sakura pulled her friend out who was shell shocked with eyes and mouth agaped. She let her sit down next to her to absorb what she saw....

 

"Who is there? Piglings?" a demonic voice spoke.

The corpses that lay on the ditch began to move around to reveal a large man rise up. He carried a bloodied axe and his body was covered head to toe with.... welll heads and toes or assorted body parts and skin that was fille'd and now covered parts of his body like an improper frankenstein. It's eyes glowed blue as he towered above them which made the girls instantly recognise the man.

"Wulfgar?"Sakura asked the man.

"Little pig! Time to make some juicy....ribs....."Wulfgar said in his demonic voice.

"Run!"Takamina yelled. The two girls stepped on their toes and dashed to the gate of the ruined city of Ghogthal.

 

-------------------------------------

 

Takamina lost Sakura during their escape from Wulfgar, they had run so fast and so deep in the city in a few seconds that they unknowingly split up.

"Great I am so.... dead..."Takamina said.

She panted and sat down on the cold wooden floor of the house that she was in. Her legs were strained and in cramped after the physical exercise that she had to massage her legs to relax them. The house looked like it was ransacked and pillaged of any worth while objects. Marks of where decorations used to be and emptied shelves gave a ghostly feel to her surroundings.

"Who is there?"a voice appeared.

Takamina crawled herself backwards into a corner and pulled out her gun aiming it in front of her.

"Who's there? Come out!"Takamina said.

"Please I have a family! You shouldn't shout! They are attracted to noise."said the voice.

A middle-aged man raised his arms up in the air giving Takamina a sigh of relief.

"Come here, you looked famished. I got some food to spare."The man said.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Takamina was quietly eating bread with her soup that the man and his family gave to her. After eating her charitable piece of hospitality coming from them.

"So tell me what happened? Your house seems to look like it was filled with so much stuff."Takamina asked.

"My family are or at least were one of the richest houses in Ghogthal, but after the Gimaelics raided Ghoghthal and massacred the soldiers, we are now but reduced to just the bare essentials. I could still hear their screams and Godan knows what they did to them. I hid with my family while the Gimaelics went inside and looted our house and slaughtered the servants. I saw them line up some of them outside of the front yard and told them to run. They then began to shoot at them, they didn't even bothered to aim, they just laughed at them as they ran away."The man said.

"That's terrible! I never knew the Gimaelics are even capable of that."Takamina said.

"What? Are you telling me you know any of those savages? Why would you pity monsters like them?"the wife said.

"The Gimaelics aren't themselves, they are being----"Takamina tried to explain when she heard stomping behind them.

Everyone which consisted her, the man, his wife and their young son hid on what few furniture they had left. The stomping of foot steps suddenly began to quiet down as it looked like the intruder walked away.

"I'm homeward bound to murder-r-r town, and all of the-----Humans begin to fall down. As I sharpen my axe they are starting to yell. I will make you all DIE when I drag you to hell. My axe is far too clean.... its been so long since she tasted blood in flesh, which was ten minutes ago. But soon....very soon she will be feed. She gleams in the light awaiting a throat to cut and a belly to eviscerate! This city is no longer paradise for all Aurigans. Its only paradise, for me! I am going to savor every scream you make! I can't wait to put blood all over my body." a demonic and predatorial voice spoke. Takamina felt like that voice was familiar to her but couldn't think of it because her guess was to unbelievable to be even a guess.

"Father, I can grab your gun from the safe now."the boy said.

"Go."his father said quietly.

The boy silently crawled out and disappeared in the darkness of the house. A moment of silence breezed the room until it was broken by the sound of a mechanical snap followed by a loud childish scream.

"Ha! I caught you!" the demonic said.

Takamina then heard screaming and pleading in synchrony with the sound of slashing and blood drops. Then the lights in the room darkened plunging the world into oblivion. The wood of the house creaked with every footstep as Takamina dreaded if he was walking closer to them. She prayed that he would not come closer to where she hid.

Then the creaking stopped.... the wife of the man sighed in relief which was a huge mistake.

The wife screamed as her hiding place which was the closet was revealed and she was yanked out by Wulfgar's gargantuan arms before she silenced her permanently with a quick hack of his axe.

"Oh yes! Blood all over me. Ha Ha Ha!" the voice said.

Takamina ran out of her hiding place in sheer panic when she heard the intruder kill the woman thus exposing herself to the giant butcher. She took a good look at him and to her initial guess confirmation and her horror, it was Wulfgar. He carried his axe, bloodied in all of its splendor on one hand and his body was covered in head to toe with fillet'd skin of people he killed. His body was drenched with blood, some freshly wet others dried like crushed powder or stained paint.

"Where are you going?"Wulfgar laughed as he began to chase her only to be stopped momentarily by an avenging husband who vainly stabbed him with a knife. The knife, impaled into his lorica didn't seemed to deter him in any form as Wulfgar psychotically grabbed the man in the throat and dragged his struggling body while giving chase to a panicking Takamina who was getting away from him.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Sakura was in the ruins of the Imperial Palace where Emperor Galerian lives..... or was the Imperial Palace. The place was torched down by fire that swallowed the place before she fled here. Decaying bodies littered the hall giving the same foul smell that greeted her before she came to Ghogthal. To think that the Gimaelics when turned into their most primal forms can become this savage, Sakura is now already contemplating in her head if the is such meaning to the words 'People are good in heart' and Human Morality.

Most of the palace was torched saved for the throne room that Sakura entered in. She quickly dodged a falling piece of charred wood that aimed for her after she entered. When she stood back up she could almost hear....someone inhaling loudly as if in pain.

"Who is there?"a voice said.

"My name is Sakura Miyawaki. Who are you?"Sakura asked.

"Well by Godan.... I though you were dead.....Galerian....Emperor Galerian of the Aurigan Empire. My spies have heard of you and you travel with fascinating companions."the voice replied.

Sakura turned around to see the Emperor that the Gimaelic hated so much was sitting firmly on his throne with a Nonorite sword impaled to his body. Every twitch and tick of his body made the pain of the sword hurt even more.

"You were spying at me?"Sakura asked.

"Not just you, ALL of you. I know everything about your journeys here. The battle of the Ydeli Plains, Aksyar and to hell, I know your friend Miyuki is expectant with the heir of the Belisarius family."Galerian said whil cradling his arms over the impaled Nonorite sword.

Sakura remembered that the sword is used to execute rogue Broken Lords since the mineral Nonorite is the only thing capable of killing them and the Nonorite execution sword is the only weapon of its kind in terms of material used to exist.

"The Gimaelics came here and torched your palace and I bet to put some irony, they impaled you with that sword. Poetic justice for you and what you did to them."Sakura said with a firm look of resentment engraved to her face.

"Not just any Gimaelic, but the now soon to be High King of them all, Rainoric Eadwulf. He grabbed the sword from the armoury, had my men tie me down on my chair as he impaled it. I could here him whisper to me before he left and ordered his men to raze this place: 'Think of my mother for every blood she shed when you killed her.....Cultist scum.'"Galerian said.

"Cultist? High King? What?"

Galerian pulled his cloak where a hidden pocket beneath him contained a letter. He pushed his hand to Sakura who promptly opened and read it.

The letter was from Carrick of the Deathsworn, one of Baron Heinrich's men. It was a letter about what happened back Earth and the details of Gewis' death by Martyrdom in order to end the Cultists once and for all who had take up their base of operations on her planet Earth. All of the parts of the letters were authentic complete with a Deathsworn seal on the bottom right corner of the paper.

"And what about this 'Cultists' thing he said."Sakura pressed her questions to the Emperor.

"It was only a temporary alliance and no more."Galerian said.

 

He inhaled his feebling voice as he explains:

 

Sophia's search for the Temple was funded by none other than Galerian himself alongside with Merovech. Both sponsors had the same interest on what the contents of the Temple contain. When Sophia finally found the Temple and accidentally unleashed Enogant, Galerian thought he could exploit it like a tool but Sophia refused to tell over the location of the Temple saying that it only breeds evil in men.

Enraged and wanting to get the Temple, Galerian made a deal with the devil in order to get to Sophia, with the Cultists. The Cultists boarded with him in the weapon where the resided and slaugthered most of the White Church but was unable to get the location of the Temple.

 

-----------------

"And now I pay for my greed, I bred a monster greater than Enogant could ever could conceive in the form of the Human-Broken Lord hybrid in the name of Rainoric Eadwulf. I tell you, with the heart of a White Dust mage at his , he became something more than anyone could think was deemed possible. I lay here now dying from my mistakes. Pull this blade from my body. You will need it more than I could ever do...."Galerian said.

Sakura silently pulled the Nonorite blade from Galerian. His body brightened up for a brief second before it died down like a candle. He lay limp  on the chair like skeleton before the armor that helf up his frame lay flat on the surface of his throne.

Sakura lay her hands on the Nonorite blade. It was an impressive looking curved blade colored in the purple-black color of Nonorite.

 

She sheathed the blade on her side and quietly left the scorched palace. Fear and determination encircled her on what is at stake. If she fails, then theirs more to stake than Auriga falling into chaos but potentially her world.

 

 

-------------------------------------

 

Takamina threw down a board of wood to slow down the advancing Wulfgar. The Cold-Enraged Broken Lord recoiled from the obstruction giving Takamina a precious few meters away from him before Wulfgar mercilessly stomped the board in half.

Earlier after choking the man from earlier to death, Wulfgar flailed the lifeless body to her inflicting a debiliating injury on her back. The midget could barely run and was down to just dragging herself away for dear life.

"I can turn your greatest desires into your greatest fears. I shall watch you despair and lose your sanity before I watch you die!" Wulfgar spoke.

"No! Get away!"Takamina yelled.

"Oh boy! Mickey is going to take the cute little girl to Disneyland! Lets have a hug! You and I! You and Mickey!" Wulfgar in an adulterated voice of Mickey Mouse, her favorite disney character.

Wulfgar ran up to Takamina close enough to slash her from behind with the skin of his axe's teeth. Takamina's body shook in like electricity at the blade slashing her back making Wulfgar sadistically amused while he wiped of the blood from his blade with a ripped piece of skin he attached on his left arm as a means to wipe the blood from his murder weapon.

"Takamina! I would love to rip your eyes out!"Wulfgar then spoke in the voice of Acchan her best friend and semi-lover.

Takamina tried to vault over a fence to get away but Wulfgar caught her in a foothold mid-air and helf her by the throat.

"And now....I caught you!" Wulfgar said in Acchan's voice. He clenched his fist on Takamina's arm and raised her up in the air like a hanging pig corpse in a butcher's shop. He walked towards a wall and pinned the now struggling Takamina their.

"Let me go!" Takamina cried.

"Oh! But that will ruin the fun little girl!" Wulfgar spoke in Mickey Mouse's voice. He raised Takamina's shirt revealing the skin of her abodmen. He then placed the blade of his axe on the left area of her lower chest. The cold blade sent a dreadingly tingly sensation to her.

"Now I will bleed you dry in front of my God to show him that I am the one true champion of Godan." Wulfgar boasted. Takamina felt like her time was up and so she stopped running succumbing to her friend turned psyhopathic killer's sick desires for blood. Wulfgar then began to slowly saw Takamina's abdomen so he could pull ot her guts that he will use as an offering to Godan.

"Ahh!" Wulfgar yelled letting got of Takamina.

The midget landed on her on the cold stone floor. A dagger made out of Nonorite was impaled on his shoulder. The Dust-absorbent properties stunned the Tower long enough for Takamina to escape with her life.

"I will find you......You can't run from me forever....I will get you and I WILL KILL YOU." Wulfgar said while he struggled to get the Nonorite dagger from his shoulder.

Takamina didn't look back and while covering her bleeding wound ran out of the city with her sanity damaged but not broken and life.

 

 

-------------------------------

Takamina and Sakura both got back to camp at the sametime. Everyone quickly attended to Minami after they saw her bleeding out. She now lays comfortably on a warm bed yet Yuki could see in her face she looked space out as if she was somewhere else.

"Minami here is some dinner."Yuki said offering a bowl of soup to her friend.

Not bothering to look infront of her, Takamina swayed her hand to the bowl pushing it away and spilling the soup on her blanket leaving it stained yet she didn't look like she mind.

"Minami please eat up."Yuki tried to get her friend to cheer up but Takamina looked vegetative as her eyes look blanked traumatised by what she saw and heard today.

"She must have been having a long day. I think you shouldn't bother her."Cebrail said.

 

Meanwhile at Sakura's bed.............

The girl was tossing and turning around on where she lay. Sweat fell down on her head like bullets as she began to dream of nightmares that scratched for every inch of her sanity.

 

"YOU CAN'T OUT RUN ME! I WILL ALWAYS BELONG TO YOU! NO MATTER WHERE YOU RUN OR WHERE YOU HIDE, I WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU...." a demonic voice that sounded like her own haunts her unconciousness.