The Temptations of Sakura: Guilt

The Dark Season

Panting was the next sound Sakura heard as she opened her eyes. The skies were reddened in crimson and she found herself in a forest. Yet she could feel as if her stomach was churining when she saw the forest. The trees looked so familiar to her but why does this place make her sweat?

Her answer came upon a sign that was next to her.

"Welcome to Aokigahara, Also known as 'Suicide Forest'."said the sign.

It was the infamous Suicide Forest that was not to far away from Tokyo. She had heard of many Urban Legends of people who go to that forest to hang themselves. She always feel as if the ghosts would walk out and haunt those who dare enter the forest.

"Poor little Sakura, afraid to go to a simple forest? What is stopping you?"a voice said.

"I will not be some toy to you Enogant!"Sakura yelled.

"This isn't Enogant, it is I, Rainoric your so called friend, now your worst nightmare come to fruit." the voice said.

A figure manifested behind her. It was Rainoric carrying his sword in all of it bloodied glory. He wiped off some of the blood on his sword on his arm and then stared directly at Sakura's soul.

"Run" He said in an insane tone.

Sakura legged it towards the only place she can run to which was Aokigahara. Her legs pushed with all of her might as she made her way deeper into the forest. Every step felt like as if an invisible hand was tearing away a shred of her sanity as she ran away from Rainoric. She wished she could have stopped Rainoric from turning evil. Her dearest friend in this planet was now hunting her for her body and soul. And yet she could still remember those who died on her watch like her friend Aanya who she saw turned into a human sacrifice and Kikuchan whose neck was snapped after hesitating to confron Rainoric when he showed himself. After running a good distance away and apparently losing her pursuers, Sakura hid behind a tree to catch her breath.

"Why did you forsake us?" a voice said.

Sakura turned around to see a hanging corpse of her friend Anna. Her body was bleeding and the mark where the blade struck her heart was there pumping out blood from her chest.

"No!"Sakura yelled.

"Why did you leave me to die?" another voice spoke. It was Kikuchan whose head was twisted 180 degrees from where it should be. Standing next to her with her hands grabbing for Sakura's neck. Sakura dodged the hands and continued to run. Now with two new pursuers hot on her heels. The people who died are now trying to kill her. Sakura couldn't believe what is happening. She had failed her friends which felt like her soul was now tearing her apart from within. Sakura saw a pond of water that was deep enough to hide her from and she dove in as her pursuers closed in.

Inside the water, Sakura held her breath for as long as possible as she could here the footsteps around the pond. After a moment, the footsteps disappeared signalling that Kiku and Aanya left. She then swam upwards to catch her breath but something caught her foot preventing her to get fresh air. Before she could react, the force pulled her down deeper into the water.

"YOU HATE US! YOU HATE US! YOU HATE US! HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!" hundreds of voices spoke to her. Sakura tried to get a good look at those who are trying to drown her. To her uttershock, it was a group of Cultists of the Eternal end. Their bodies mangled with fractures and blood out of their body causing the liquids to mix with the water. Some of the bones cutted her skin causing more blood to flow out. Sakura lost her breath and watery blood entered her lungs. Her heart began to beat tremendously and her lungs were begging her to give them oxygen unless it will die. Sakura struggled to climb back up to the surface but the souls of the people that she killed with an avenging fury, dragged her down.

Sakura could feel as she was about to lose the battle as she was dragged further down.

"NO!" Ulrich's voice spoke.

The tatooed hands of Ulrich grabbed Sakura and pulled her back up.

"Guilt is trying to get your greatest weakness. It is a mmonster that feeds on your wantings. Many of which you feel are yours but are not. He feeds if you let him feed on you." Ulrich said.

Sakura gasped for air as she got up from the surface of the water. She could feel body coming back to her as she waddled her way to the shore and  grabbed on the rocks.

"The one who resisted? You always ruin everything! Get away!" Rainoric said.

"Fight, prove that you are stronger than your Guilt."Ulrich said to Sakura.

Sakura stood up from the rocks, her body shaking, wet and cold. She saw Rainoric running towards her with his sword ready to kill her. Sakura thought quickly and grabbed a a rock about the size of her head and used it as a reinforced fist and knocked Rainoric down. She climbed ontop of him and began to slam the rock on Rain's helmet/head. She repeatedly smashed the stone on him dozens of time each time she did she noticed that blood was forming around his face as he received more blows. Until the helmet caved in and a great explosion of blood came out.

"What the---"Sakura said. She checked the now limp body Rainoric and removed the helmet to reveal that it was---

 

"No! No! No! No!"Sakura despaired. She was beating the face of her friend Takamina. Her face caved in and bruises and blood tainted her face. Sakura stood up and grasped her head. Was she in Hell? Was she being punished for the people she failed to protect? Will she eventually become another savage murderer?

"Look at you? Yamanin in your very nature will always fight amongst yourselves just to gain petty rewards that fleet as the winds past. That is why you need to be controlled. The created will always fight amongst themselves, it is inevitable. Now watch and see with your own eyes as you see yourself descend into your most primal of instincts. Perhaps I shall show this gift to every last living soul in the universe." Rainoric's voice laughed.

Hundreds of more bloodied figures in their twisted glory surrounded Sakura. Their mouth frothed red in a mixture of blood and saliva as they were ready to pounce and tear open Sakura from inside out. She stood up and saw that she was surrounded, even the pond was now not an option as the cultists rose from their underwater burials.

"Ulrich! What do I do, I am surrounded!"Sakura desperatelty cried.

Ulrich materializes next to Sakura. Anger was in his eyes as he stared at the approaching horde. Enogant formed infront of them in a prideful posture.

"Fools! You will die in terror as I tear your sanity apart piece by piece. You, Young Wolf, you reject me as if you are something else. I will have a special place for you when I take you. And you, Earthling, I shall break you untill your very worst fears become your greatest nightmares." Enogant pointed.

"I am not one of you and you are no God....... Sahlo Krent Mulnu!"Ulrich shouted at Enogant. His body glowed white of White Dust causing Enogant to be knocked back and the twisted apparations disappeared.

"Treacherous Mortal! What twisted words have you created? Graah.....Sophia.....You still fight no matter how many times I cut you down. My hand to her neck!" Enogant spoke before he disappeared.

Sakura turned to Ulrich who was now catching his breathe, his body moved up and down as he inhaled and exhaled. His veins were glowing white which was a sign that one is a White Dust Mage.

"Ulrich you are a...."Sakura tried to say but Ulrich placed his finger on .

"I know, I don't know why I resisted yet I did. Sophia, she spoke to me those words."Ulrich said.

"What are those words?"Sakura asked.

Ulrich tucked his head down as he began to recite the words:

"Sahlo Krent Mulnu" The ground they stood quaked as they escaped his lips.

"Weak....Broken....Powerless......Words incomprehensible to a Broken Lord and a Virtual Endless that it disrupts their thinking. It was only used by the White Bishops to stop rogue Broken Lords from obtaining to much power. It is a dangerous spell that even the user can feel weakened just by the mere hearing of it."Ulrich said. His form began to fade.

"Ulrich, don't go! I need to get out of here!"Sakura tried to grab him.

"I can't my power fades for now. But I will tell you one thing.... the Rainoric you know is slowly coming back. Show him what you really are that he thinks you are not and he will break."Ulrich said.

 

-------------------------------------------

(Back at Reality)

"Sahlo....Kr-----Ahhh!!! Why? Why? Why? Stop fighting!"Rainoric grasped his Helmet head and threw a tantrum. He flalied his body all over the dungeon hitting anything or anyone he see's. He grabbed several enslaved Earthlings and beat them senseless. Then he went to Sakura and punched her in the gut waking her up.

"Rain! Please you need to fight Enogant! I know who you are! You are good at heart despite your anger. Please, what will your mother think of you?"Sakura said.

"I--I....Sakura...Cherry....No! You must break.....Stop! Yes! No! Please don't....RRRRAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!"Rainoric shouted. Ulrich's words were true. Rain's frustration is slowy turning him back. Yet Sakura still needs to continue the fight despite her body and mind about to reach it's breaking point.

Rainoric went to a nearby closet and brought out dozens of syringes filled with neurotxins with him. He placed as many syringes on his hands and punctured them at Sakura's skin.

"BREAK! WHY WON'T YOU BREAK!"Rainoric said.

He punched over a hundred syringes at Sakura's body. Sakura tried to fight back but her restraints put her in place. She felt her body besieged yet again by a now even more relentless assault of neurotoxins attacking her sanity.

"I shall give you an impossible challenge.....I want you to find...the Lost Warrior of Humanity.....You alway wanted a savior to save your pathetic planet from yourself. I will make sure that your very own Sin stops you from it. Ooohhh how I will revel at your torment as your Sin finally breaks you...."Rainoric twistedly said as Sakura fell back to another comatose state.

 

----------------------------------

(Meanwhile somewhere else in the dungeon)

"No! Don't touch me!"Mayu tried to stop her attackers. The Gimaelics have succesfully drilled open the cockpit of Mayu's robot and are violently pulling her out. The wires that kept her injured body alive and well were yanked away from her and she could feel her body start to fail again as her wounds crippled her.

"And now....we will kill you now.....It's such a shame. Maybe I can play around with you 'Oshiri' once I kill you! That way you won't fight back when I taste your flesh. HAHA!"Ybor said as he cocked his AK12 assault rifle. His fellow Gimaelics also grabbed their weapons, some with blades others with guns and all of them looked at Mayu who was now lying on the ground and at their mercy like a baby thrown to wolves.

The Gimaelics fired their guns and threw their blades at Mayu which easily pierced her body causing parts of her flesh to fly off of her like leaves on a strong gust of wind. Mayu then lay down on the floor, broken dead and bleeding as the Gimaelics surrounded her. They were about to have fun with her ruined body when a strange sound echoed the room.

"What was that?"Ybor said.

The dark room was at first quiet until suddenly as the noise died as soon as it was heard. Then a loud sharp noise that can only come from a laser cannon could give. A bright light exploded near the group of Gimaelics causing some to flee. The loud stomping of feet quaked the room causing some of the dust on the ceiling to fall off. Mayu could feel her body being reattached by new wires and all she saw before she closed her eye were the glowing red eyes of her savior.

It felt like she was lifted 20 feet in the air as if she was about to board a Gundam Mech.

"Pilot onboard Savior class Imperial Paladin Mech call name: Knight Errant. Proceeding to attack all of the enemies of the  Endless." The large savior spoke robotically.