The Temptations of Sakura: Sin

The Dark Season

"I shall give you an impossible challenge.....I want you to find...the Lost Warrior of Humanity.....You alway wanted a savior to save your pathetic planet from yourself. I will make sure that your very own Sin stops you from it. Ooohhh how I will revel at your torment as your Sin finally breaks you...." Rainoric said. He impaled a box filled with dozens of syringes of neurotoxins to Sakura.

Sakura felt the toxins besiege her like never before as they turned her mind and sanity inside out.

"I have administered enough toxins to turn 10,000 people insane! You will break!" Rainoric said.

"Sahlo...Kr..Kre....."Sakura tried to speak but her world out before she could say anymore.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura found herself in a large compound surrounded by guard posts, barbed wired fences and patrolling sentries of Broken Lords walking around. She had also noticed that thousands if not a million people were sectioned in a part of that compound as if they were imprisoned. She recoiled in disgust as she saw the prisoners in a state of oppression, their bodies scarred, malnourished and barely clinging to their lives. The priosners looked at her as if they were angry at her like she commited an act of treachery to them but Sakura couldn't understand what it was. She turned tail and walked away silently but was she passed by the fences a voice called her out.

"Come to mock me again Sakura?"

Sakura turned around to the fence and saw weak and malnourished girl about her age standing next to her with antagonistical eyes.

"Do you know my name?"Sakura asked.

"Everyone knows your name. But I knew it the longest and I hated it ever since. Hate...Hate...Hate."the girl told her.

"Why are you imprisoned here? You have the face of an Idol."

"Is this an official interrogation Sakura or Mocking me?"

"You know me?"

"I thought I did, untill you had me and the others arrested for nor submitting to your regime."

"I know nothing of these experiments."

"Your sense of humor is as sick as your corrupted mind Sakura. How can you be so blind when you maimed and murdered all of us by the billion in the name of science"

"Are you saying we used to be friends of some kind? How?"

"There is no need to distance yourself away from me. We were once the best of friends. Two sides of the same coin in HKT. But ever since you were taken to Auriga, they changed you. Brainwashed you to become their executioner. You have the face of an angel but you are ugly inside and twisted beyond any reflection."

Sakura suddenly had a wild guess on who the person she was talking too. Her eyes widened in shock as she spoke the name:

"Haruppi? Is that you?"

"Do not remind me of that Sakura. That was a life when life was still worth living. Now I refuse to die untill we kill you for the butcher you are."Haruppi said.

"Haruppi please, this is'nt real. This is'nt....your....."Sakura tried to speak but Kodama Haruka walked away from her quietly.

"Mistress! You are in due in surgery immdiately. Doctor Ivanovin is there to assisst you on the procedure." a guard walked to her to inform Sakura.

Sakura was then escorted by the guard to this 'Procedure' and Sakura could feel something wrong when she thinks about it.

 

---------------------------------

WARNING: CHILD DEATH AHEAD

"It is such an honor to perform a Stem Cell extraction with a powerful Dust Mage."said Dr. Ivanovin. He had a lab coat on and was standing by a operating table with tools set for Sakura's own use. He was apparently the anesthesiologist since he had the machine and syringes by his hand.

"Can you remind me what are we going to do for this....uhm procedure?"Sakura asked. She took a quick peek at the operating table and noticed that the subject for this operation was a frail child that cannot be no older than six years old.

"Ah, the great Dust Mage is testing me since I am new here? Okay, we are going to remove the lower section of the patients Spinal Cord to extract the Stem Cells we need to make the serum for Project Ogre."Ivanovin said.

"What is the nature of this....uhm....Serum?"Sakura asked.

"During the war against the Earthlings my Mistress, the humans tried, in a last united effort to stop us to create an artificial machine that was superior in every way to them. They call this thing, 'the Golem' and it needed Stem Cells to properly function. Alas for them, we defeated them before the research was complete and I could say, they put all of their hope into this 'Golem' and you proposed we break them with this machine so we may strip the Earthlings off of all that were connected with them. You wanted to see the hope 'seeped away from their eyes before they die in agony' you said."

"Sakura! You are more frightening in person than in legend."the child said.

"What do you know of me?"Sakura looked down to the child.

"The things you do are terrible? We small ones, are your lab rats."

"The doctors are using children for experimentation."

"Not just us, but everyone is! You cut us down, made us run and break us and then watch us bring back ourselves up and you do it all over again. We have our legends. Legends that owe nothing to your regime! When the Golem we were making finally wakes up and sees with its own eyes the evil you have done, it will rise against you and sav------URRRKKKK!!!!!!" the child's mouth frothed with blood as Ivanovin used a chainsaw blade to cut out the child's lower half of his body away from the upper.

Sakura was angered that such a erted act was being displayed right before her. She pushed the chainsaw towards Ivanovin and the blade met with his flesh causing more blood to spill in the surgery table.

"Guards! Come quick! Sakura has gone berserk!"a bystander yelled.

Guards were surrounding left and right and grabbed her. Sakura tried to scream as the guards took her to a room where a large oven was inside. But it was obviously not a kitchen as she could smell burnt flesh....Human Flesh.....

"Sakura! For betraying the Regime you will die like all of our Enemies!"said a guard before throwing her at the oven and locking her inside.

She tried to get out by banging the door and screaming but the guards ignored her and ignited the flame.

Heat cause her to itch and burn her as the flames swallowed her whole....

 

"MWAHAHAHA!!!! YES!!! AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN! Oh how I savour your screams. But there is so much to do to break you.... AGAIN!" Rainoric's voice said.

 

------------------------------------------------

Sakura found herself where she started again.... at the same dreary and dark compound. She knows somethings about what she has or would do if Enogant  wins over her body. She needed to find away to beat him or this is her and her world's future.

"Sakura! Sakura!"the same guard who escorted called out her name.

Instead of complying, Sakura ran away from the guard. He gave chase to her throughout the compound ignoring his screams to halt causing more guards to chase her. She managed to hide herself inside a tool shed to evade her pursuers. She inhaled for breath she examined her hiding place. There was a toolbox and a handyman's suit lying next to each other.

"Perfect!"Sakura said.

She clothed herself in the handyman disguise and grabbed the toolbox and walked out. The guards as expected, didn't notice her as she walked away from her pursuers in plain sight.

Sakura then headed for the exit but she had to pass by the fence seperating the research compound from the prison and also to Haruppi who was leaning at the fence.

"Oh, are you trying to run? And what? Abandon us to our doom? You are despicable you know that?"Haruppi said recognizing Sakura.

Sakura at first fought back her tears when Haruppi said those harsh words. To hear that these atrocities she committed all by her word was heartbreaking. She hid her face from Haruppi's view for a second before throwing an object from her toolbox across the fence.

"Do not think this one favor will remedy all of what you done Sakura. But since you are one of us, we will give you a headstart then we will hunt you down like the dog you are!"Haruppi said holding the tool in her hand firmly.

 

It was a pair of pliers.

 

-----------------------------

"ATTENTION!!! The prisoners are rioting! Evacuate! Evacu----AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!" the announcer on the PA said.

The entire camp was in full rebellion after Haruppi cut the fence seperating the prisoners from the guards. Due to the unexpectedness and sheer number of prisoners which was a ratio of one guard for every hundred of prisoners, the guards were quickly outnumbered. The compound was also lit alight in fire which brightened the darkness of this dream or halucination that Sakura is in.

Sakura ran away from the compound as far as possible untill she came across a lone house. It was slightly dirty but looked like a decent place to live in. She walked closer to the house to find out that the house had her full name written on the front door! She opened the door to find it unlocked.

"Welcome home Master: Sakura" said the houses AI. The voice echoed through the house giving a regal feel to the otherwise small house. There was the basic rooms such as a bedroom, living room, a kitchen and a toilet. But it also had a miniature laboratory which had a tall figure standing on top of it. It was dressed in a green shirt with fur coats. It's head was shaped to look like Rainoric. The posture of the strange figure was leaning down as if he was asleep.

At first, Sakura hid from the figure thinking Rainoric has come to torment her again, yet the figure didn't move as if it was docile. Sakura examined the thing closer and to her confirmation and relief, it was docile. She looke at the eyes of the figure's head. It looked like it was made to look like Rainoric. The blank robotic eyes looked Earthling in nature which Sakura concluded was the 'Golem' that the Earthling pinned their hopes in making to defeat the soldiers.

"Strange, why does it look like Rain for some reason."Sakura asked to herself.

She noticed a notebook by a table next to the sleeping Golem and opened it. The handwriting was hers and the contents looked like research notes. She flipped the notes to the latest entry:

 

I made the Golem like Rain. I gave the machine his helmet and dressed a green shirt around it to honor his memory. I found it ironic that the very annihilator of the human race will be thee Golem that they worked so hard for. And to add insult to injury, dressed in the very thing they hated the most.... Rainoric Eadwulf!

 

The helmet was Rain's helmet? How did she got his helmet/head from him? Rainoric would never just give his head to anyone for obvious reasons. She was honestly creeped out when she see's a broken Lord walk around headless. Sakura flipped backwards to an earlier entry:

 

It turns out my fellow kind are wrong with the whole Stem Cell thing. They thought if they use their Spinal Fluids to fuel the Golem's personality cores to make him the first every fully sentient artificial being was all but just an alchemist's wet dream. It needed a broken spirit. A Broken Lord's spirit! Rainoric volunteered to be that spirit which I gladly let him. After I lay himself in a coma like sleep, I placed his spirit just like how Sophia placed his on his father into the machine. It still needed to be given a few more additions before I he is ready.

 

Sakura is still confused with her enviorment, the Journal when read from end to beginning gave her more questions than answers. So she ultimately flipped the pages all the way to the first entry. The entry written down caused Sakura to drop the book and fell down to her knees and crying......

 

I felt as if I am a GOD now since Enogant took over my mind, body and soul. There could be no better way of knowing in a world beyond controlling of what I can do! I will reshape this world in my image! I wll make it all perfect with no meddling snakes on trees to take it away from me. I will recreate the Earth in my image with I as its Lord and Master. I used my White Dust Powers to control the population of the world to be docile as my armies rounded them up in camps. I used the Red Dust with brutal efficiency to extract the Stem Cells off of the people I experimented on. I dispose of those corpses using the decaying properties of Black Dust and erected these large prisons using Yellow Dust. When I finally finish my kind off.... I will recreate this world in MY IMAGE!!!

 

"I have found the Lost Warrior of Humanity! It is me!"she cried.

 

Sakura knew too well that the oldest conceit of mortals was to become like God. Yet she knew that those who do will only become their own undoing. Their Sin will swallow them and they would be dragged down to the deepest pits of Hell. Sakura knelt down and cried which causes the Golem infront of her to wake up.

 

"Why are you crying love? I am here to follow your every command." said the Golem.

"Rain...Golem...Rain......Please hug me....."Sakura said.

The Golem/Rainoric hugged Sakura tenderly. She never felt like that for a longtime, she remembered the last time Rainoric hugged her and she felt like his warmth once again.

"Golem...I mean Rain.....carry me outside...."Sakura said.

The Golem/Rainoric carried Sakura in a Lover's carry and walked outside. Sakura wanted to sleep and hope to wake up from this nightmare but an angry and hateful voice.

"There you are! I knew you would lead us the where the Regime will continue its atrocities. Now you must pay for everyone of them.... In blood."Haruppi said. She was followed by a large mob of people who all had the same angry look on their face when they saw her.

 

Hate, Unforgiveness, Anger..........

 

Sakura could see what the consequences of her Sin was. This was not her....She wanted to be loved by all but now they opposite is happening. Sakura swallowed herself and said:

 

"Golem, I transfer control over you to the Earthlings." Sakura said with a tear of apology in her eyes.

 

"Oh, so you do admit your crimes. But that doesn't excuse you from its consequences. Now the Golem can serve it true purpose that which it was intended. Golem......KILL SAKURA!" Haruppi pointed at Sakura.

The Golem grabbed Sakura by the neck and slammed her on the ground.

 

"No...I CAN'T COMPREHEND....WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?"the voice of Rainoric echoed.

"I am ready to accept that I am a sinful person.....and isn't the wager of sin death? Kill me! Kill me now!"Sakura said.

The Golem/Rainoric was forced to obey the orders he was given. He clenched his fist and punched Sakura giving her a black eye.

"Come on! Again! Harder!"Sakura said.

Rainoric punched Sakura again and again, each punch damaging her face more. Yet everytime he strikes, it almost as if Sakura was instead of weaking, was gaining strength. He continued to pommel her to death.

"Put an end to my misery!" Sakura continued to shout. Her face began to resemble crushed pulp now.

Rain doubled his efforts, his blowe twice as fast and as hard. He yelled in frustration as he continued to beat her down.

"RRAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!! WHY WON'T YOU BREAK!!!!"he yelled.

He grabbed Sakura's shirt and raised her body so he may look at her face to face. Or what was her face. It was now broken beyond repair and the place where the mouth was supposed to be was trying to utter something....

"SURRENDER? ARE YOU GIVING UP AT LAST?!?!" Rainoric placed the sides of his helmet/head next to Sakura's mouth.

 

"Sa-hlo...Krent....Mul-nu...."Sakura softly whispered.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

"GRRRAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS? WHY CAN'T I THINK!!!! IT'S TEARING ME APART!!! IT HURTS!!!! IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!" Rainoric grabbed his helmet/head and held them tight with his two hands.

He fell down on the ground and writhed in pain. Pain was a concept that just like Weakness was incomprehensible to a Broken Lord. To feel it for the first time was a first time trauma similar to a human child experiencing his first flesh wound. Tears, if he could actually make them would have formed in his eyes as he writhed. His screaming lasted for so many hours as he ran around the torture room tossing and flippin every table he encountered turning the room into an aftermath of a tornado.

As he threw his tantrum, Rainoric felt his energy was slowly depleting untill he felt like he could no more do anything else but rest and hope this 'Weakness' of him will past like a fleeting wind.

He grabbed a chair and quietly sat on it, lowered his head and lay there docile as he meditated his troubles away.

 

Sakura's eyes woke up and in a state of disbelief she had survived the Neurotoxins!

"I am alive? I can't believe this!" Sakura thought. She then noticed the idle Rainoric sitting infront of her.

"Rain! I must have did it! I stopped him. I need to get him back to me. He cannot continue going on like this."

Sakura began to concentrate her powers as she began to breakthrough Rainoric's mental barriers.....

"I am coming for you! Stay with me for just a minute longer!"

 

Her eyes turned white when she finally broke through......