The start of the Nightmare

The Dark Season

Cebrail/Rena/Jurina/Samhane/Grimaldus sat next to Sakura as she tried to regain her head which suffered a migraine after she woke up. She just saved her from being fully sacrificed by a now turned insane Rainoric and Gimaelics who are under the influence of the planet-wide winter.

 

"The Dark Season is planet-wide?"Sakura asked.

"Yes there's no true safe place anywhere, we need you to find the temple and end this curse. You know where Sophia's remains are end only through her skull can we know where is the temple. You need to correct Sophia's mistake." Cebrail said.

"Mistake? What do you mean?"Sakura asked.

 

"Allow me to tell you the truth...."

 

(Flashback)

 

Sophia, a Human White Dust Bishop had spent most of her youth trying to find the mythical Temple to the Planet's Core. Their was rumors of lost technologies and unfathomable knowledge was the Holy Grail of treasure hunter's everywhere. After careful archaeology and deduction she found us, me and my fellow kind Enogant.

Enogant was one of the most vile and militant of the Virtuals. I remember he would command the Paladins who were no more but robotic killers slay entire worlds just for his erted pleasures. One of his greatest creation's was mutating the people of Auriga to have a hidden gene that when a broadcast from a chamber within the Temple that also was used back then to be no more but just a simple computer. The Aurigans call it 'Cold Rage' but we call it 'WAR Gene'. Using splices from animals and amplifying the parts of the brain to make the person who has the gene to turn into blood crazed killers that Enogant can command. It can be broadcasted into any computer made by us at his leisure but we imprisoned him in the Temple in a secured room.

I, Cebrail, a Virtual who uses a form of Dust you call Red Dust to heal people was there to make sure that the Temple, which other than a depository of our technologies also functions as his prison. I was still asleep when she woke him up. He manipulated her to release him and weaken me. She went to my chambers and severed my connection to the Temple causing me to split into two entities, Samhane and Grimaldus with the Black Dusted one preserving most of my memories while Samhane my powers. I as Grimaldus scoured the world for her.

 

Prideful and a new confidence, I saw Enogant tell Sophia that if she wants to unlock the Temple's secret he told her to release him in which she did. Released from his bonds, he shortly toured her the Temple until he found the perfect opportunity to trap her in one of the weapons stored inside. Enogant turned his back on Sophia and began to revive his old life's work. Used the people of Auriga to conquer the Universe, but using her powers Sophia rather unintentionally,  sabotaged the chamber that broadcasts a sumbliminal neural messag that turns the people into savages by limiting his options to the Gimaelics.

She then escaped his clutches by using the she was trapped inside to escape. Sophia then went to the Gimaelics and told the truth to Merovech and the Broken Lords of her deceit. I saw them tried to use the weapon to Destroy the Temple but Emperor Galerian stopped them before they could carry it out.

 

"So what happened to you?"Sakura asked

 

 

The splitting caused me to lose connection of the temple, and without a physical host, I cannot physically intervene. So I as Grimaldus, connected myself to the Dust present in Auriga thus effectively making me omnipresent. I felt the vibrations of the people's lives affect me and Samhane too. Every sin, every life, every death, every word I heard and felt them. To hear those made me nearly insane. I am no God yet most of you would lose it for what I heard during my time as Grimaldus.

 

I searched for any opportunity to get close then I found it, two friends both seperated by Death and Blood, Rena and Jurina. I used Jurina to lure Rena possesed my Samhane to me. I needed her to be weakened, so I was forced, though I regret my act to made Jurina slit her own throat. Rena played directly to my hand when she grabbed Jurina's ashes and kept them to mourn. I took over her and I reunited with my powers once again.

 

But now I sidetracked, If Enogant is to fully repair the Broadcasting Chamber in the temple, he will need a being of immmense Dust Power, a White Dust Bishop and unfortunately, your the only one in millenia powerful enough to do so.

 

"What?"Takamina asked.

"A lot is in stake now, if the Gimaelic's capture Sakura, the whole of her, Enogant will be able to fully repair his Broadcasting of the 'Cold Rage' to now effect everyone and potentially you too." Cebrail said.

"Don't worry, I can defend myself"Sakura pointed her thumb to herself to act tough.

"It's not being physically taken their to be sacrificed against your will. But the mental affects, although the broadcast can fully transform the Gimaelics into murderous monsters but it can still affect others but by a lesser extent. I fear you will not sleep easily tonight."Cebrail said.

 

------------------------------

Sakura turned and sweat, Cebrail is right, she is not sleeping easily this night. She has been getting visions of fire and blood, things that would often disgust her but somehow she began to feel instead of disgust, pleasure.... the Dark Season has began to assault her psyche in an effort to reprogram her morals and sanity.

Look at this, the weak die and the strong live! Do not be weak....KILL THEM!

Demonic voices assaulted her brain that felt like they were grippin her soul and tearing the goodness of it away untill only a black and sinful soul was left. Sakura woke up to feel that someone was on top of her stopping her from rising up. She turned to see to her horror was her that she was being pinned from her sleepin mat. Unlike her, this Sakura was a twisted reflection of herself, skin pale as snow and her eyes, nose and mouth were oozing with blood. The evil looking reflection grabbed Sakura by in a crushing grip.

"See? This is the power you constantly deny. Give in and I shall make you a God!" the reflection said.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

"Sakura!"Cebrail yelled waking her up.

Sakura quickly rose up and gasped rapidly for air. It was all just a nightmare. Yet it felt so real, the pain on her neck where the strangulation was is still physically being felt by her. Cebrail was able to succesfully wake up Sakura from her nightmare.

"She still look's like herself, but I do not know for how long...."Cebrail

"I knew it,  your now slowly losing it like me...."Takamina said.

"Wait, you hear the voices too?"Churi said.

"Really? Also you Akane?"Takamina asked.

"Why what happened?"Sakura asked her friends.

"I dreamt I was on a stage and all of my fellow AKB friends are looking at me with angry eyes. They called me lazy, incompetent and selfish. Then I saw Acchan walk up to me and began to beat me down to the ground and then everyone joined in too."Takammina spoke.

"I dreamt I was in a table, a large dining table to be exact. Then I saw Airin feeding me roasted chicken and drinking the blood of my pet parrots while couging feathers at my face."Churi said.

"Eh? I will never do that to you."Airin hugged Churi to comfort her.

"What did you dream?"Takamina asked.

"I rather not talk about it....its....scary."Sakura shyly said.

"Its okay if you don't want to."Takamina said.

"I spot fire and smoke!"a Vanoran lookout said. The convoy stopped and everyone went out of their carriages. Sakura could see the smoke and fire rise that contrasted with the uniform of the winter.

"Dear Godan, that's Ghogthal over there."Lucillius said.

Ghogthal as Sakura remembered was the capital of Auriga where Emperor Galerian sits on his Imperial Palace. Ghogthal was supposed to be their first place to stop while on their way to Gimael where Sakura will be able to get to where the final resting place of Sophia.

"Something is definitely wrong here, we need to send some people over their to investigate."Takamina suggested.

 

-----------------------------

 

(Several hours earlier)

 

Rainoric stares at Ghogthal, the city  who was just hit by the Winter is slowly digging in for the Dark Season. Rain will use this opportunity to catch the city off guard and raze the place to the ground. He could feel the heart he ripped out of Sakura with his bear hands beat. The heart's White Dust powers strengthened him allowing him to unleash his Exalted Blade without worrying of overextending himself. He has marched his army out of Aksyar into the very heart of Auriga slaugthering everyone he saw the blood of the people he slew still fresh from his armored carapace.

 

"Now Galerian, I will end you......"Rainoric menacingly said. He oversaw his legion of transformed and super powered Gimaelics ready for a blood bath. He raised his sword forward to commence the assault.

 

"This shall be my first step into becoming Emperor!"

 

(Credits to Warhammer Wikia)