Hurried Apologies

The Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If there was one thing Lee Taemin wasn't, it would be an idiot. Most of the time. He didn't need to look at what had happened at Kibum's apartment with a microscope to know that he had ed up. Shown his friend a glimpse of what was now hiding under his seemingly innocent face. What he had become..Thanks to none other than the man his close friend was now infatuated with. “Jonghyun..” His mouth had curled into a snarl, growling the man’s name as his footsteps set him on a path he had embedded into his brain and one he wished with every fiber of his being he'd forget.

 

Three months prior to the current day the world didn't know his face or his name. Taemin had been an upcoming model but work was coming slowly. He was still incredibly young looking despite being in his twenties. That had all changed when he met Jonghyun. Taemin had been head over heels for the singer, much to his disdain he still was, though he masked his liking of the man well. Jonghyun had...changed him into something that wasn't quite human. Taught him how to use his new found..charm to get what he wanted out of the people around him. Now? He was the most sought after model in the country, companies willing to pay almost any price tag to have him be the model of their brand. Taemin thought that once he had shown Jonghyun he was willing to do anything to be with him his life would be complete. He wouldn't want for anything else in the world. But after he had gone through his change, to become like the man he loved more than anything, Jonghyun had thrown him out to the curb like he was nothing. What they had meant nothing. Taemin felt his hands curl in on themselves his nails digging into his palms as he thought about the man who not only made his life what it was now but was also the same man who had ripped out his heart and thrown it away. He had been nothing more than a plaything. Now, his practical only family he still cares for was being targeted. Jonghyun would be getting a friendly warning, that if needed, Taemin was willing to trade blows with the singer.

 

He knew Jonghyun had fed on Kibum the night previous. Keeping Kibum the center of his performance, flirting with him, invoking that primal need, haunting his dreams...Taemin knew the signs of Jonghyun's “interest” well. Kibum had confirmed his suspicions when he mentioned being exhausted despite his rest. Jonghyun was relentless when he sought after a plaything and Taemin was going to tell him to leave his Umma alone. Kibum had more than enough on his plate to deal with, he didn't need this liking of Jonghyun on top of it. Taemin's footsteps hurried but not that the rate he could move. He was in broad daylight and surrounded by humans. He could feel their stares on his frame as he moved..Humans tended to stare at beautiful things. Three months ago he would be self aware of them but now? Now, he was more than used to them and welcomed them. They kept him fed well enough. His leather dress shoes hit stairs he beginning his descent into hell, taking them in stride as he drew nearer towards Jonghyun's domain. He chewed on the inside of his lip, a slight pout coming to his lips, as the familiarity of the outside of Jonghyun's studio unburied memories Taemin would rather not think about. The door was modern, frosted white glass set into a black frame, Taemin had always been so impressed with the way Jonghyun had decorated his studio as well as his apartment.

 

The soft white light that illuminated the door from the inside made Taemin pause and sigh softly. The light hue had always given him a homey feeling, even now, and it was unsettling. Would he ever move on from Jonghyun? Taking a moment to gather himself and steel his nerves, Taemin stepped inside habitually making sure the door didn't make much noise when it went to close. He had made that mistake once and shattered a loose pane during his early visits when Jonghyun paid attention to him like there was no other person he needed. The same candle was burning, Taemin inhaling the calming aroma as he took in what was happening in the studio.

 

Jonghyun was writing, or rather coming up with his lyrics as his band played the music they had worked on the night previous. Taemin felt himself smiling seeing such a familiar sight, if he had to say one thing positive about the man who ruined his life..It would be that he never stopped working. Jonghyun always had lyrics writing themselves in his head, always had melodies playing that he'd record himself humming to build off of later, stayed up until well into the next day working on that one lyric or musical composition that didn't work right. Jonghyun was a man driven by his passion for music and gifting those around him with what he always heard in his head. Jonghyun was relaxing in a comfortable arm chair, lazily drawing circles and other nonsense shapes in the air as the beat progressed, foot bouncing in time with the drum, words flowing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter