The Devil Himself

The Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              Kim Kibum, owner of a small boutique, had never been to this bar before..This, RED, but he had been told that it would be ‘his kind of place’ by one of his customers. Noting that most of his clients were indeed the homoual men and women of Seoul, he assumed that it would be something along the lines of he’d be more than welcome at. Nothing about the bar had impressed him thus far, nothing stood out to make it noteworthy. That is until he came out. Now Kibum understood why he had been recommended to this place. The man was seemingly otherworldly in his beauty, cheekbones sculpted by the hand of an angel surely, a jawline sharp enough Kibum feared he could cut himself on it, lips just beautifully curved into the smallest smile naturally and supple enough he wanted to nibble on them, fashionably dressed to accent his frame without being overbearing, hair bleached blonde in his undercut a bright beautiful pink mop on top. The man was breathtaking at first glance. Kibum found himself suddenly dry mouthed, the wine he had been nursing the entire night all but almost down his throat just before this angel turned to and made eye contact. The man was obviously wearing contacts, anyone could tell by how unnaturally blue they were, but it didn’t stop Kibum from feeling like his own soul was being gazed into and judged. Those lips that needed more than a good nibble curved upwards, and the man smiled a smile that made Kibum’s heart stop and race double time in the same beat. He felt his cheeks flush and he ducked his gaze, something very unlike his character. He was fearless, independent and never broke eye contact first. But this man, this angel, had a gaze far more intense than his own.

              As if his looks weren’t enough to make Kibum stutter he heard the man talk. What kind of bar was this? His gaze instantly was on the man again as soon as he cleared throat a few times and checked to see if the mic was on. “Uh..Good evening. I’m sure this crowd hasn’t gathered because you’ve heard of my voice have you?” He chuckled and Kibum swore he heard angels singing in his ears. There was a chorus of whistles and people agreeing with the man and he smiled again making Kibum thankful he was sitting down already. “You all are honestly too sweet. But to those who are new tonight,” The man made eye contact with Kibum again and winked flawlessly with a small smirk, “welcome to RED, I’m Kim Jonghyun, and I’ll be singing for your listening pleasure tonight.” Jonghyun was this angel’s name and Kibum swore it was a name he wouldn’t be able to forget even if he tried. It took Jonghyun a few minutes to get setup, making sure everything was in order and working, before giving the DJ’s booth the signal to begin playing his set list. “Now, this first one is one most of you have heard before but I like to use it as a warm up, Hallelujah.” He had all but purred the song title the women in the bar swooning at the connotation in Jonghyun's voice, Kibum included.

             If Kibum had been thankful he had been sitting down beforehand now he was most certainly relieved that he had managed to be sitting before Jonghyun began to sing. The bar had been told he himself had written and composed the song and that he hoped that the people who visited RED on the regular would continue to be so generous towards him and allow him to show them his works. Kibum hung onto every dip of Jonghyun's voice, the slow and sensual way he rolled his torso to certain lines, the man had gone from seeming somewhat shy an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter