Not Creepy, Not At All

Just Between Us

Baekhyun watches as the silhouette of Sehun bump through the crowd of people in the cafeteria. Once Sehun disappears through the cracks of the door, Baekhyun tears his eyes away from that direction. A small sigh leaves him as he pokes at his lunch with a fork.

 

He looks across the table and sees Jongin steal a piece of chicken from Kyungsoo’s plate. Suddenly, the day back at the grocery store when they left to find a cheap way to stave off boredom comes back to Baekhyun.

 

Oh Sehun.

 

“Jongin?” Baekhyun tries to nudge him with his foot, but can't reach him. Even still Jongin directs his attention off of his boyfriend (for once) to raise an inquisitive eyebrow. “What's Sehun like?”

 

“Ooh, is that a new name I hear,” Jongdae’s cheeky voice and smile comes into play as he sets down his freshly microwaved lunch on the table. He sits next to Baekhyun and nudges their shoulders together. “Got a crush going on?”

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Chanyeol butts in as he sits to Baekhyun's left. Lunch also in hand.

 

“It means nothing,” Baekhyun hisses at his cousin and turns back to Jongin. He leans forward slightly, not caring if his lunch comes into contact with any part of his body. “Come on spill the beans lover boy.” Baekhyun takes the liberty of poking Jongin with his fork. Not with the pointy part. He isn't that cruel.

 

“There isn't much to tell. I mean we were assigned to be in the same group last week and I don't feel like I've gotten any closer to him,” Jongin discloses. “Doesn't say much in class, but he seems nice, I guess.” He ends his sentence with a shrug and Baekhyun is still left with a blank slate.

 

“What's got you so interested in this guy? Got a crush on him?” Jongdae hums and nudges him on the shoulders a few times and Chanyeol almost spits out his lunch at Jongdae’s sentence.

 

“Yooo, Baekhyun. You know that's not a good idea,” Chanyeol proclaims as he wipes his mouth with a napkin Kyungsoo handed him. “You can't do anything funny. Your dad will have your head. And my head just because he doesn't like me. He'll pin it on me just for kicks!”

 

Baekhyun is about to respond to Chanyeol, but is interrupted by him. “But seriously, if your dad ever gets involved,” Chanyeol drags his finger across his throat and vehemently shakes his head. “We both know what's gonna happen.”

 

“God, calm down,” Baekhyun breathes out. “I know what to do and what not to do. It's not like I'm gonna go out and date him alright. I'm just a little curious about some stuff and he just happens to have a few of my answers.”

 

“Those better be the answers to calculus test we have later this week otherwise,”Chanyeol drags his finger across his throat again and tilts his head with his tongue out.

 

“It would help if you actually studied.” Kyungsoo butts in, slapping Jongdae’s hand away from his lunch, who waves his hand back in forth in an attempt to get rid of the pain. “Plus he’s in our grade, a junior. What makes you think he’ll know calculus? It’s practically an all senior class.”

“I can dream you know!” Chanyeol sticks his tongue out at the younger. Kyungsoo only raises an eyebrow and passes his leftovers to Jongin. Chanyeol ignores him and turns his attention back to Baekhyun. “But seriously, don’t do anything funny. If your dad gets involved, we all know how that’s gonna turn out.”



 

xXx



 

“I’m such a creep,” Baekhyun whispers to himself as he trails behind Sehun, making sure to keep a safe distance away. Luckily it’s the after school rush, so the crowd of people helps him camouflage. Still doesn't stop him from feeling like a creepy stalker. Which he probably is at this point, but he’s too far deep into this to stop now.

 

Baekhyun almost chokes when Sehun stops and looks around. Then he realizes that he was looking out for cars before crossing the street. “Get a hold of yourself Byun, he doesn't know,” Baekhyun assures himself as he crosses the street as well.

 

He's a good half block away from his target when said target walks into a store. Baekhyun scurries over to the shop next to the one Sehun walked into and glances up at the store sign. Garden Supply Co. That’s odd, Baekhyun never pegged Sehun was someone who was into gardening. Then again he doesn’t know him.

 

Details.

 

The front of the store is open with a patio like area for all the plants to be displayed in the sun with rolling fences as their walls for the front. Behind the patio area, it has a plant nursery building with all glass windows and doors. Searching for a hiding spot, Baekhyun notices a cafe across the street.

 

He decides to head over there and just watch for a while. The further he goes with this, the more he feels creepy. Thankfully none if his friends are here with him.

 

With a seat by the window and a steaming cup of hot chocolate, Baekhyun settles down to keep a close eye on his self declared target.

 

To be honest, Baekhyun wasn't sure to expect when he decided to follow Sehun after school. The kid doesn't do anything besides work the entire time and Baekhyun is bored. Maybe he was expecting a different job. Like at a store or a restaurant. You know, jobs typical teenagers get. Apparently Sehun is not a typical teenager, but Baekhyun could kinda guess that.

 

It wasn't until the clock hit six o'clock that Baekhyun started to get worried. The bright screen of his cell phone stares mockingly at him. By this time his dad would be texting or calling him, sometimes both, about where he was. Curfew isn't until eight, but last week he broke it and now he's paying the price. Early curfew .

 

Somewhat luckily, Baekhyun sees Sehun leave the store with his puffy jacket and backpack on. Which could only mean that his shift is done and now he's going home. Baekhyun suspects that this is where his little expedition ends.

 

It also ends with a lecture through the phone from his father.



 

XXx



 

Baekhyun leans on the wall for support as he unties his shoe laces. Once his shoes are off, he quietly pads over to the living room. Its care like he expected. Leaving the living room, he enters the dining room, the cold wooden floor startling him slightly. He places his back on a chair and heads towards the sound of pots and pans.

 

In the kitchen a lone woman stands in front of the stove stirring in a pot and adjusting the various knobs.

 

“Hello!” Baekhyun chirps as he slides onto a bar stool at the island counter. The woman turns around and bows slightly in greeting. The marble under his fingertips feels cool as he reaches for the bowl of raspberries. He's careful not to make the ceramic bowl drag across the marble. The last time he did that his ears almost bled out. Never again.

 

“How was your day?” she asks without as much as a glance at him.

 

Baekhyun thinks back to his excursion from after school and stares intently at her back. “It was good. How was yours?”

 

The two continue with small talk as she cooks and Baekhyun eats the bowl of raspberries. It isn't long before their conversation dwindles to a stop and she turns around to place an assortment of food in front of him.

 

Baekhyun is about to dig in when he notices her setting plates and bowls on a dinner tray. “Is dad eating in his office again?”  

 

She holds the tray in a tight grip as she gives him a solemn nod. “He will eat in office. Again. Eat, Baekhyun-ssi.”

 

With a nod of her head, she leaves the kitchen with her long skirt swishing after her. Baekhyun bites the inside of his cheek and pokes at his rice with his chopsticks. With a sigh, he lifts his chopsticks to his mouth over and over again. He's halfway through dinner by the time she comes back. The tray gone from her hands.

 

“Ms. Lee, you said you have two sons, right?” She doesn't look at him as she walks back to the stove. This time to gather all the pots and pans to stick into the sink. “Ms. Lee?”

 

She freezes over the sink with a pot in her hand. “Yes. Sons.”.

 

Baekhyun goes back to messing with his rice. “You said one's in high school and one is in preschool, what are they like?”

 

The pot is slowly placed into the sink. The light clatter of metal hitting against each other fills the silence. “They are good. Very good boys.”

 

“What did you say their names were?”

 

“Shixun and Luhan.”

 

 


A/N: First. I’m so sorry this is like a week late. I told myself that I would finish this section of my summer before I could do anything else and it didn’t work out very well. Which is why this is so delayed oh my god I’m so sorry. And this chapter is short too. Blahhhsdohfa yell at me, scream, complain, whine, do it. Oh my god. But like in real talk, I might need to slow updates down to this time length. There’s summer homework, school starts up in two weeks, and I got college apps to start filling out. I’ll try my very best to write and keep up with the one week updates, but don’t be surprised if the chapter comes out within two weeks. (I’m so sorry if there are mistakes in this, I don’t have time to look over it at the moment, I’ll edit it within a few days hopefully!)


Btw, I was thinking about opening up a tumblr, what do you guys think about that? Let me know!

Till the next chapter!!