one.

The Pink Fairy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

one.

 

In a town of Damyang, there is an enormous mountain with a mysterious energy, called the Lee Mountain. No one ever knows what is really inside the mountains and nobody knows why the mountain is called a Lee Mountain. The mountain-climbers do not find or see anything there but they can feel a mysterious and external energy that they can’t see. Some people say that there are invisible creatures that humans can’t see while some people insist that nothing’s wrong with that mountain. As years passed by, less and less mountain-goers come to visit as they fear their safety will be compromised…

It has been a yearly event, the coming-of-age ceremony for the faeries that have turned 21 this year that takes place in Lee Mountain. The Lee Mountain is a home for faeries with magic and once they have turned into an adult, they can get out of the mountains to do good deeds or venture out into the big world outside the mountain.

The faeries are all gathered at one of their big halls with a stage. Jonghyun is jumping with excitement, as he will be one of the candidates that will go up the stage. Beside him is Kibum, his best friend who is a year younger than him, who is sincerely happy for his friend.

“The next fairy, Jonghyun!”

The audience cheer and applaud loudly when Jonghyun’s name is called out. Jonghyun grins widely as he takes quick steps up to the stage to receive a flower crown from the head of fairies, Onew.

“Jonghyun, you have reached your maturity and you’re granted freedom to explore out of this mountain. Congratulations!”

Jonghyun bows at Onew and leaves the stage. He fondles the flower crown on top of his head, feeling the soft and velvet texture of the pink daisy petals flower crown. He giggles as this coming-of-age ceremony has ended, and this small wish of his has fulfilled. He has yearned to get out of this Lee Mountain ever since his teenage years and he wants to know how life outside the mountain is like.

“Yah Pinky, are you going to leave?” The red-haired Kibum walks towards the pink-haired Jonghyun who is standing below the stage, playing with his flower crown.

“Yeah Kibum, I’m venturing out.” Jonghyun clasps his hands gleefully. “Gonna pack later and set off!”

“Can’t you wait for me till my ceremony next year?” Kibum grumbles as he holds onto Jonghyun’s arm tightly, swinging back and forth with his aegyo.

“I’m sorry Kibum, I’ve waited for this day for so long.” The elder pushed Kibum’s hands politely.

“It’s dangerous to venture alone!” the smaller man retorts.

“I have powers, remember? I can make myself invisible!” Jonghyun giggles to himself as he starts imagining the world outside the mountain as he invisibles himself and makes fun of the humans out there. Maybe he can visit flower nurseries and even forests to get close to nature.

 “Jonghyun,”

“Leader Onew,” Jonghyun stands still and bows upon the arrival of the faeries head.

“Although you can venture out but you have to back before the next ceremony. If you are not back, you will be expel out and lose all your powers permanently.” Onew seems to overhear what Jonghyun has spoken to Kibum earlier on.

“And one more thing…”

“Yes, Leader Onew?”

“Faeries and humans can’t date.”

Jonghyun bursts out into peals of laughter, “Me dating a human? How is it possible?”

Leader Onew narrows his eyes at Jonghyun, “It’s better to be safe than sorry.” He walks off to the next candidate to talk.

“I will not date a human,” Jonghyun can’t stop laughing and he feels his stomach hurting from all the laughter. Why will I date a human?

“Yah, haven’t you heard stories about faeries dating humans? They seem to be banished out of the faeries world. They may not able to be with the humans in the end. Humans are not kind souls like us. They may abandon you after they date you, Jjongie.” Kibum remarks.

“Okay I know, I get it! Now let me get my backpack and leave the mountain!”

Kibum shakes his head slowly. He is worried about Jonghyun being alone in the humans world. Nobody is going to take care of his best friend. He secretly hopes that Jonghyun will come back safe and sound a year later...

 

**************************************************

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter