The Dance (Part 2)

Always Mine ~ Wir Gehören Zusammen (We Belong Together)

 

The lights were dimmed and a spotlight was focused on stage. Jongin felt relieved when the four young ones had shift their attention on the little stage. He felt the longing inside of him as felt half of his soul longed to dance on that stage.

 

Life had never been easy to him. Since their parent died, he had stopped dancing. He stopped when he married Krystal. He stopped when Sehun left. He felt there was no need for him to dance his heart out. For what? He no longer has the reason to dance.

 

A familiar piece played softly all over the place. Tears suddenly flood his eyes, as a familiar silhouette had started to dance along the music.

 

Kim Jongin knew that he was never over the love of his life.


 

Sehun looks dashing in his loose shirt, showing his fit body when he sways with the music. Jongin felt he had lose control of his actions. He slowly went closer to the stage. His hand had rid off his tie then slowly took off his dinner jacket. He felt his body slowly following Sehun’s rhythm.

 

“Sehun” his mind called out longingly as he danced beside his former lover. He closed his eyes as they moved together to the music.

 

Minseok felt his heart on stuck on his throat as he watched the former lovers danced to a very familiar routine. He felt sadness creep into his soul as he watch two broken hearts moving to their secret desire. A love that was never theirs to begin with.

 

“Wow, its so beautiful” his husband,Luhan whispered softly into his chest. Minseok patted his husband’s head. At the corner of his eye,Minseok saw the Wu couple smiling softly, cooing over Wu Shixun’s dance.

 

“Minseok, I didn’t know your brother was a good dancer.” Kris said as he watch his brother and Jongin danced along the music.

 

“Yes. He used to be a part of a dance group in college but stopped because our parents wants him to focus on managing the family business” He said with a smile.

 

“That’s sad. I am glad Shixun was able to experience the art of dance even after TaeOh was born” Junmyeon said as he carried Tao over his shoulders.

 

Minseok felt curiosity peaked him. He wanted to know what happened to Oh Sehun before becoming Wu Shixun.

 

He wanted to ask the couple but he knew that he doesn't have any right to ask,left alone pry into the lives of the Wu family. Minseok smiled at the Wu heir.

 

“You’re brother is an amazing dancer as aside from being a good father” he said earnestly as he offered the couple a smile.

 

“Well,Shixun will be working as the company’s CEO once I step up as the Chairman” Kris said as he proudly smiled at the performance in front of him.

 

Minseok smiled bittersweetly to himself. “I wonder what would it be like for them when Jongin would find out that he will soon be CEO of our family company,too” he thought to himself as he clapped along with the others for a wonderful performance ahead.

 

Krystal was livid when she saw her husband dancing with the younger heir of the Wu family. She felt embarrassment flood her as she watch Jongin collected his coat and tie, striding beside the Wu Shixun.  Krystal offered the younger Wu a smile as she pulled her husband roughly to her side.

 

“I will not have you embarrassed me for such dance Kim Jongin” She whispered vehemently to her husband. Jongin glared at her as he pulled his arm away from her clutches. He can feel her nails piercing through his skin.

 

“Why on earth would I embarrassed you for such dance.” he said as he wore his coat, foregoing his neck tie.

 

“ I do not people remembering how you embarrassed your family for choosing a commoner you have met in college.” she said acidly.  

 

Jongin felt anger ran through his veins as he heard those words from her. He wanted to hit her for saying such thing.  He glared at her and pulled away as he made way towards his son and older brother

 

Krystal felt her face went red because of her husband's abrasiveness. She saw Shixun looking at her with a blank expression. She tried to offer an apologetic smile as the younger Wu went  closer.

 

“I apologize for causing such scene with my stubborn husband” she said as she bowed towards the younger Wu.

 

“ I apologize for eavesdropping over your conversation but you have no right to berate your husband for dancing such a wonderful piece” he said sternly as he walked towards the direction of his brother’s family and guests.

 

Krystal never felt so embarrassed in her whole life.



 

When his former lover danced with him, Sehun felt he was flying and floating on the clouds. He felt everything was like a dream. He never expected Jongin to dance with him. He never thought that Jongin would still remember “”One and Only”. It may have been written in another language but their body worked in harmony. Unshed tears filled his eyes as he and Jongin moved to the music. Indeed,Kim Jongin was his one and only. He smiled bittersweetly savored those moments.

 

Once the music stopped, Sehun felt his heart beating fast. He watched as the older man went down the stage and grabbed his dinner coat and tie that were strewn over the seat near the stage. He can hear cheers from his nephews, his son and his ex-lover’s son. He gave them a small smile as he watched Chen assisted him as the butler had  helped him with his coat.

 

He gave the his slightly older hyung a smile and adjusted his coat. He walked slowly towards his family when he overheard the discussion between Krystal and Jongin. He felt his heart bleed as he saw the bewildered look of his former lover as his wife chastised him from dancing.

 

Dancing with Jongin was an experience that he will forever treasure. However, watching him being scolded for doing something he loves is making him angry.

 

“I gave you my heart’s keeper but this is how you treat him?” he wanted to scream at her. But if he does this, he might as well cause a big scene that would embarrassed his family. Sehun left her with some spicy words. He huffed silently towards his son. He saw Jongin smiling freely as Taeoh and Minguk had asked the elder to carry them together.

 

Sehun knew that the emptiness inside of him was slowly filled with longing as his son and his new-best friend kissed Jongin who was laughing over the two kids antics.

 

“This could have been us, yeobo” he thought silently as his heart broke for the nth time on that day.